Loss is on offense

fenderbender123

Reaction score
chris98251":25d0dd65 said:
fenderbender123":25d0dd65 said:
chris98251":25d0dd65 said:
sdog1981":25d0dd65 said:
They gave up over 500 yards on defense. That is in no way the offenses fault.

Then you didn't watch the game, your defense can't be on the field that much with a back like Henry pounding the ball and also playing prevent defense over half the game with a lead.

I've seen plenty of good defenses in my lifetime that have been able to hold their own regardless of what the offense does.

Not when they are in prevent and not playing up within 8 yards instead back off at 12 to 14 yards allowing all those screens and underneath completions.

You don't think scheme and playcalling are part of the defense?

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":3r7mtu1q said:
chris98251":3r7mtu1q said:
sdog1981":3r7mtu1q said:
They gave up over 500 yards on defense. That is in no way the offenses fault.

Then you didn't watch the game, your defense can't be on the field that much with a back like Henry pounding the ball and also playing prevent defense over half the game with a lead.

The u did not watch the game your defense has to get off the files themselves not give up 60% on 3rd down.

Go back to to hugging your Wilson cutout, 4 of 12 third down conversions, it's all on him now since he has the whole playbook to audible too. Time of possession doubled by Titans offense, it would seem you must have never played the game to know how much of a burden that puts on a defense especially with a back like Henry that like Campbell, Okoya, Riggens, Czonka, will physically beat you up by themselves.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
When an offense scores 30 points, there is no logical way you can blame the offense for a loss. They gave up 17 points straight.

Granted, I am actually not upset. The Titans have had our number recently. They're an AFC opponent. Derrick Henry is a HOF running back for a reason. Nearly impossible to stop when a game is close enough. Kudos to the Titans for not getting away from the run.

A defense cannot...and I mean cannot give up that many yards and points. I don't care how long they're on the field, it just can't happen. Yes the offense sputtered, yes Russ missed some throws, yes the offense looked very different compared to last week. All of that is true, but the defense lost this game.

hawker84

Reaction score
The offense scored 30 points? Should have been 38 points, but you should win scoring thirty every time. Again out classed and out coached in the 2nd half. They made adjustments we didn't.
Same sh*t different year.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'm going to give the O a pass this time. It was Waldron's second game as a coordinator.

The defense under Norton, giving up all those chunk plays over the middle is cringeworthy though.

And the screens? Maybe a player like KJ Wright sniffs those out. The LBs can play better.

Derrick Henry is beast, but Run D is also concerning.

Sign Geno and Sherm ASAP if we want to have any shot at a deep run this year.

John63

Reaction score
TreeRon":386e47w8 said:
Yes, the offense was offensive. What happened to the vaunted Waldron's offense that was soooo revolutionary, so refreshing. Looked like same ol same ol to me. We left the D out on the field was too much in the 2nd half. Too few 3rd down conversions and the scoring strike was fast and left the D unrested.
This one's on Pete and Waldron.

The offense scored 30 points. The defense gave up a 2 score leader with less than a qtr to go. That said I agree its.on PC.

John63

Reaction score
Scorpion05":56oplhs7 said:
When an offense scores 30 points, there is no logical way you can blame the offense for a loss. They gave up 17 points straight.

Granted, I am actually not upset. The Titans have had our number recently. They're an AFC opponent. Derrick Henry is a HOF running back for a reason. Nearly impossible to stop when a game is close enough. Kudos to the Titans for not getting away from the run.

A defense cannot...and I mean cannot give up that many yards and points. I don't care how long they're on the field, it just can't happen. Yes the offense sputtered, yes Russ missed some throws, yes the offense looked very different compared to last week. All of that is true, but the defense lost this game.

Passer rating of 129,.2tds, over 300 yards and 70% complt. With. No run game and a boatload of drive.stopping penalties.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
John63":2319g03f said:
Passer rating of 129,.2tds, over 300 yards and 70% complt. With. No run game and a boatload of drive.stopping penalties.

"did you even watch the game" because the stats are meaningless. How many 3 and outs did we have in the 2nd half because Russ over/under threw the ball? He needs to be better especially when he touts that he wants to be MVP or have more rings then Brady, his 2nd-half performance was not good enough. Yes the D can be better and not let them catch underneath routes and march down the field but this Offense magnified the situation.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":xqqj1ni5 said:
Scorpion05":xqqj1ni5 said:

Over half of those yards were on broken coverages.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":164vsw86 said:
Scorpion05":164vsw86 said:

There was a run game, we chose to throw and go three and out rather then mix it up.

pinksheets

Reaction score
The whole team was bad, but it does seem that no matter what the scheme, Russ still makes a lot of the same bad decisions. He just is what he is at this point. Those last offensive drives were unforgivable.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This is just plain a total team loss. Coaching, offense, defense and even special teams contributed in one way or another to this loss. The defense can’t give up over 500 yards. Reminiscent of this teams defense to start the season last year. The offense needs to establish the run and keep opposing defenses guessing. The kicker just can’t miss an extra point. Although he missed that, I have no doubt the Titans would have converted for 2 if they needed it to tie the game.
Too many dumb penalties. No creativity in the play calling. No killer mentality to put an opponent away. Even the 12s can shoulder some of the blame. There were definitely times they were loud when the offense had the ball. Hence the Lewis false start on 4th and 1. For some reason the home field advantage is no where close to what it used to be.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":3ie8yxod said:
like Henry that like Campbell, Okoya, Riggens, Czonka, will physically beat you up by themselves.

So everything you said here is wrong.

Larry Czonka was never a future back.

Riggens and Okoya are not players who played in the NFL. You can google their names then put the real ones in after you edit your post.

Campbell played 50 years ago.

The defense failed at every level of play. They gave away stupid penalties. They could not stop the run and they could not stop the pass.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Adams gave up the middle of the field all day on passing downs but he's the best Safety in the game so i'm sure it wasn't his fault.

John63

Reaction score
FloridaSeahawk18":2ke8otoa said:
John63":2ke8otoa said:

"did you even watch the game" because the stats are meaningless. How many 3 and outs did we have in the 2nd half because Russ over/under threw the ball? He needs to be better especially when he touts that he wants to be MVP or have more rings then Brady, his 2nd-half performance was not good enough. Yes the D can be better and not let them catch underneath routes and march down the field but this Offense magnified the situation.

Dude first he only through 31 passes. And missed only 9. If you need your qb to complete 78% plus to win then your team sucks. No qb will do that every game. Fact we had a 2 score lead with under a qtr to ay period. We also had 3 drive stalling panties. So your basically saying

Is your qb has that stat line with no run Game and u don't win the problem is not your qb.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It had to be on the offense.

We faced one of the worst, if not THE worst secondary in the NFL, and one of worst defenses in the NFL.

We failed to continue to score more than 6 points for almost a half.

That is on the offense.

Honestly, it looks like the OLine was the big problem, but the 3rd down conversion success rate was bad no matter how you slice it and the defenses only get more difficult from here on.

We are now the worst team in the best division in football. So it will be an interesting year.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":y4yetefo said:
The whole team was bad, but it does seem that no matter what the scheme, Russ still makes a lot of the same bad decisions. He just is what he is at this point. Those last offensive drives were unforgivable.

Lol how pathetic are some of u that your qb can compete over 70% of hiss passes. Over 300 yards on one 31 passes and throw 2 tds and 129 passer rating and he is the problem.

John63

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2de5u3ds said:
It had to be on the offense.

We faced one of the worst, if not THE worst secondary in the NFL, and one of worst defenses in the NFL.

We failed to continue to score more than 6 points for almost a half.

That is on the offense.

Honestly, it looks like the OLine was the big problem, but the 3rd down conversion success rate was bad no matter how you slice it and the defenses only get more difficult from here on.

We are now the worst team in the best division in football. So it will be an interesting year.

So I am presuming your being sarcastic

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
After week 1 i really thought the defense was going to be better maybe it will be . I sure didn't see an improvement out there today though. Same old garbage no real pressure on Tannehill couldn't stop the run in the second half and the middle of the field was wide open all day on passing downs. Offense was putrid on third down just exactly what we saw last year.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":1nrlgimk said:
pinksheets":1nrlgimk said:

Lol how pathetic are some of u that your qb can compete over 70% of hiss passes. Over 300 yards on one 31 passes and throw 2 tds and 129 passer rating and he is the problem.
Stats aren't everything. The offense stalled in those last drives because Russ made bad decisions, not to mention getting a lucky call to avoid the game losing safety. I know you're his biggest fan, though.

Latest posts