Loss is on offense

Smellyman

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":aqjlpgyy said:
Adams gave up the middle of the field all day on passing downs but he's the best Safety in the game so i'm sure it wasn't his fault.

Don't recall Adams being an issue coverage. Sure picked on Bobby, but that was the scheme and Tennessee exploited it with the most receptions ever by Henry.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1m9fdqva said:
pinksheets":1m9fdqva said:
The whole team was bad, but it does seem that no matter what the scheme, Russ still makes a lot of the same bad decisions. He just is what he is at this point. Those last offensive drives were unforgivable.

Lol how pathetic are some of u that your qb can compete over 70% of hiss passes. Over 300 yards on one 31 passes and throw 2 tds and 129 passer rating and he is the problem.

Lay off the "pathetic" crap, dude. Those are valid observations, and you're simply not watching the game if you think Russ was firing on all cylinders to end the game.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
chris98251":1tl7wrxp said:
John63":1tl7wrxp said:
chris98251":1tl7wrxp said:
sdog1981":1tl7wrxp said:
They gave up over 500 yards on defense. That is in no way the offenses fault.

Then you didn't watch the game, your defense can't be on the field that much with a back like Henry pounding the ball and also playing prevent defense over half the game with a lead.

The u did not watch the game your defense has to get off the files themselves not give up 60% on 3rd down.

Go back to to hugging your Wilson cutout, 4 of 12 third down conversions, it's all on him now since he has the whole playbook to audible too. Time of possession doubled by Titans offense, it would seem you must have never played the game to know how much of a burden that puts on a defense especially with a back like Henry that like Campbell, Okoya, Riggens, Czonka, will physically beat you up by themselves.

John knows more about football then us.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3gw9bi8l said:
Northwest Seahawk":3gw9bi8l said:
Adams gave up the middle of the field all day on passing downs but he's the best Safety in the game so i'm sure it wasn't his fault.

Don't recall Adams being an issue coverage. Sure picked on Bobby, but that was the scheme and Tennessee exploited it with the most receptions ever by Henry.

It wasn't just Henry everything they through over the middle was mostly completed you can't tell me Adams didn't have responsibility for some of that coverage. Dudes so overrated a box safety for 17 mill not a good way to spend your cap imo.

keasley45

Reaction score
sdog1981":1zktqxpc said:
chris98251":1zktqxpc said:
like Henry that like Campbell, Okoya, Riggens, Czonka, will physically beat you up by themselves.

So everything you said here is wrong.

Larry Czonka was never a future back.

Riggens and Okoya are not players who played in the NFL. You can google their names then put the real ones in after you edit your post.

Campbell played 50 years ago.

The defense failed at every level of play. They gave away stupid penalties. They could not stop the run and they could not stop the pass.

There was one drive in the 2nd half that wasn't a three and out. ONE. And there was ONE drive all game that was more than 2 minutes.

And we did run uptempo. But when you snap the ball quick, only pass, and turn it over on 3 and outs YOU ARE LITERALLY HANDING THE TITANS THE SCRIPT FOR VICTORY.

And the defense handed our O the ball in overtime. They had a job to do, stop Tennessee opening drive and they did. And then our offense caked its pants... for like the 20th time during the game.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":d2nkv1ex said:
chris98251":d2nkv1ex said:
like Henry that like Campbell, Okoya, Riggens, Czonka, will physically beat you up by themselves.

So everything you said here is wrong.

Larry Czonka was never a future back.

Riggens and Okoya are not players who played in the NFL. You can google their names then put the real ones in after you edit your post.

Campbell played 50 years ago.

The defense failed at every level of play. They gave away stupid penalties. They could not stop the run and they could not stop the pass.

Well if your so anal to take misspelling names over what I was saying there is no point in replying to your drivel anymore, Czonka played with Kickk and Morris and it was a three headed attack, Czonka was the control and played a lot in the rotation. 138 to 220 carries a season I would say he was pretty featured.

Riggins, Okoye, were brutal, does that unruffle your wittle feathers ....................

Smellyman

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1wi96fj1 said:
Smellyman":1wi96fj1 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1wi96fj1 said:

It wasn't just Henry everything they through over the middle was mostly completed you can't tell me Adams didn't have responsibility for some of that coverage. Dudes so overrated a box safety for 17 mill not a good way to spend your cap imo.

You said he gave up middle all day, but don't if he was responsible?

got it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
What would the defense need to give up for it to be their fault? 600 yards and 40 points?

The Seahawks offense could have gotten every drive on the Titans 5 yard line and scored 30 points. Doesn't matter, a defense giving up 500 yards AND 30 points? LOL. How?

Well we know how. The best RB in the league. But still

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":qyllli0v said:
Horrible third down conversion rate.

The long balls were pretty but Wilson seemed to get greedy, started looking at them over underneath time of possession moving chains play.

Where were the TE's.

Where was Alex Collins, had a great run but we started seeing Homer more and no more Collins.

Where was the Motion, seemed we looked at last years offense instead of what we seen last week.

To many in's and outs and not enough sustained drives to keep defense fresh, they wore down and a back like Henry will start producing over time. They don't have to be all runs, underneath stuff for first downs work also.

I won't say we took our foot off the gas, we tried to many quick strikes and took ourselves off the field.

Oh and the Officials, they seemed to be more sensitive to Seattle players in the Taunting and incidental infractions, won't way they didn't happen but they were also called ticky tacky versus no calls on the Titans for similar stuff.

The offense didn't give up 24 points in the second half and OT. The offense didn't have a taunting call that kept a drive alive, they didn't have a couple of roughing penalties to keep some other drives alive. The offense didn't give up over 150 yards rushinjg to Derrick Henry in the 2nd half after containing him well in the first. The defense went into prevent mode for most of the 2nd half. That prevented them from winning. This was very reminscent of the Arizona game last season (in Arizona) where the Seahawks had a two TD lead and watched it fade into an OT loss.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3v0wa0pg said:
What would the defense need to give up for it to be their fault? 600 yards and 40 points?

The Seahawks offense could have gotten every drive on the Titans 5 yard line and scored 30 points. Doesn't matter, a defense giving up 500 yards AND 30 points? LOL. How?

How? What do you mean how? By being on the damn field for 47 minutes.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":1mdq3b5z said:
John63":1mdq3b5z said:
pinksheets":1mdq3b5z said:
The whole team was bad, but it does seem that no matter what the scheme, Russ still makes a lot of the same bad decisions. He just is what he is at this point. Those last offensive drives were unforgivable.

Lol how pathetic are some of u that your qb can compete over 70% of hiss passes. Over 300 yards on one 31 passes and throw 2 tds and 129 passer rating and he is the problem.
Stats aren't everything. The offense stalled in those last drives because Russ made bad decisions, not to mention getting a lucky call to avoid the game losing safety. I know you're his biggest fan, though.

Actually I am not I just hate pile on. I hates Alexander but defended him when people piled on. Ur right stats are not everything. But even watching the game and I was at it, the whole section I was in said waon did very well. What killed us was no ru n game and alot of stupid offensive penalties in the 3rd and 4 qtr. Let's look at the 3rd and 4th qtr driveline 1 3rd and 2 Carson gets -1 punt. Drive 2 td. Drive 3 punt. Drive 4 penalty drive killer, drive 5 time over. Now ot ahh who was open to throw to? So sorry this is not on him or the offense. The reality is u had a 2 score lead with under 1 qtr to go. Heck u defense let them score a td in 29 seconds

Rat

Reaction score
Russ has continually come up short since his Super Bowl-losing INT. We can't win with him taking up half our cap space.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":budd2id0 said:
Northwest Seahawk":budd2id0 said:
Smellyman":budd2id0 said:
Northwest Seahawk":budd2id0 said:

You said he gave up middle all day, but don't if he was responsible?

got it.

No you missed the point entirely the point is he doesn't cover WORTH CRAP scheme or not excuses or not he did not cover jack all all day.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
James in PA":2s9sg08p said:
Plenty of blame to go around. Offense sucked (homerun ball or nothing), defense sucked and even special teams contributed to this L. Make that damn PAT and we may have won it in regulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that point in the game, the chances of stopping any 2 yard play was pretty negligible. Still would've had a better chance, but a pretty slim one.

pinksheets

Reaction score
John63":143dw03b said:
pinksheets":143dw03b said:
John63":143dw03b said:
pinksheets":143dw03b said:

Stats aren't everything. The offense stalled in those last drives because Russ made bad decisions, not to mention getting a lucky call to avoid the game losing safety. I know you're his biggest fan, though.

Actually I am not I just hate pile on. I hates Alexander but defended him when people piled on. Ur right stats are not everything. But even watching the game and I was at it, the whole section I was in said waon did very well. What killed us was no ru n game and alot of stupid offensive penalties in the 3rd and 4 qtr. Let's look at the 3rd and 4th qtr driveline 1 3rd and 2 Carson gets -1 punt. Drive 2 td. Drive 3 punt. Drive 4 penalty drive killer, drive 5 time over. Now ot ahh who was open to throw to? So sorry this is not on him or the offense. The reality is u had a 2 score lead with under 1 qtr to go. Heck u defense let them score a td in 29 seconds

Bro, you respond to literally any and every criticism of Wilson posted here. It's fine, have fun.

The defense sucked today, too. That was exacerbated by drives quickly stalling out because Russ struggles to read the middle of the field and tries to throw up low percentage jump balls and pray for a miracle.

This team has problems everywhere right now, and the guy taking up the biggest chunk of salary cap also has the highest expectations.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":3as4kl9u said:

Ahh u realize that most of his passes were short and he completed over 70%. So your assessment is wrong.

John63

Reaction score
pinksheets":6loedebg said:
John63":6loedebg said:
pinksheets":6loedebg said:
John63":6loedebg said:

Bro, you respond to literally any and every criticism of Wilson posted here. It's fine, have fun.

The defense sucked today, too. That was exacerbated by drives quickly stalling out because Russ struggles to read the middle of the field and tries to throw up low percentage jump balls and pray for a miracle.

This team has problems everywhere right now, and the guy taking up the biggest chunk of salary cap also has the highest expectations.

If u watched I Rey to alot of things like when some pile on penny, even though I think he is a waste. Once again when u have stats like he had and did what he did he has earned his money. And again he is avg over 70% xonplt can't do that with luck.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3cywdwu4 said:

That would have been an exaggeration of what actually happened. The D would have been on the field far to long.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":166z12y2 said:
pinksheets":166z12y2 said:

Ahh u realize that most of his passes were short and he completed over 70%. So your assessment is wrong.
Most QBs have a high completion percentage when their passes are short.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
All we needed was an average game from the defense and they failed to achieve it. Offense scored enough to win.

Latest posts