twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":4sr1185t said:
Sports Hernia":4sr1185t said:
Cary Kollins":4sr1185t said:
kobebryant":4sr1185t said:
Cool, Cary.

I have zero reason not to believe you :irishdrinkers:

And anything lingering, if at all, SB loss related is and will be impossible to quantify anyway. Though the only momentum, positive or negative, that I believe in is in terms of the laws of physics.

Yeah I know there's a lot of talk about a SB hangover, and Rivera touched on it during OTAs. From everything I've read, it really doesn't appear like there's going to be a "hangover". Rivera is really pushing the "blank slate" message. We'll see how well it goes two months from today :0190l:
Yeah, that's what the Hawks were saying last year at this time too.
I can see it going south in a real hurry if things don't go Cam's way and he goes into pouting/towel mode.

Thing is, the "pouting/towel mode" thing is a myth.

19703129 mmmain

screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-8-48-25-am.png

gettyimages-508992304.jpg

:Dunno:

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Reading comprehension isn't valued around here I see.

Trolling isn't allowed here. If you are going to insult an entire fanbase on our forums you won't be here much longer.
This isn't a Carolina Pathers forum, realize where you are posting.

rideaducati

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1yw7ojsc said:
The hangover after the Super Bowl win or loss cannot be ignored.We have seen it the last 2 seasons.The target on your backs are going to be huge since you will be all those teams biggest game and I cannot stress how much harder it gets just on that alone.

There is that...and the Prancers don't get to play the AFC South and the NFC East this year. What a joke of a schedule they had last year.

ctrcat

Reaction score
rideaducati":1mkid49h said:
IndyHawk":1mkid49h said:
The hangover after the Super Bowl win or loss cannot be ignored.We have seen it the last 2 seasons.The target on your backs are going to be huge since you will be all those teams biggest game and I cannot stress how much harder it gets just on that alone.

There is that...and the Prancers don't get to play the AFC South and the NFC East this year. What a joke of a schedule they had last year.

As previously discussed, winning the Jimmy Clausen September-December, interconference, sea to shining sea sweepstakes is the 2015 version of NFL Schedule Powerball.

NINEster

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1qzupqpw said:
King Dog":1qzupqpw said:
Maulbert":1qzupqpw said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/696529806582632448[/tweet]
BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
I've said this nicely at least two times in this thread.... the Superbowl Hangover is real and you have no clue what's coming Panther fans, no clue. All the better that one of my two jerseys is a Frank Clark. Just means I chose right. The hammer is coming Carolina

Hard to predict what will happen.

Based on what I've seen, we might have the Panthers going back to the NFC Championship at least or not winning playoff game/missing playoffs.

Looks like they became a pretty resilient/battle tested team last year, and if they took the SB loss properly they could be the favorites to win it all this year, easily.

But if that game broke their mettle, then a lot can go wrong.

I don't know why they had the huge dip between 2013 to 2014 before turning it up in 2015......but it's something to take note of.

NINEster

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1agfyaet said:
I'd literally be forever disappointed in Russell Wilson if he made a "business decision" like that in the Super Bowl. Regular game? Sure, prevent injury, whatever. Once you're in one-and-done territory, however, you do whatever it takes to win. That goes double for the freakin' Super Bowl. A lot of cats fans probably don't want to admit it, but they agree inside.

Wilson is a tough cookie.

Did you see the hits he took in that road Rams game in 2013? Those hard shots he took near the goal line?

Fade

Reaction score
1) This is what a championship QB does when the ball is on the ground in crunch time.
http://www.seahawks.com/news/2014/0...uscles-demarcus-ware-youre-not-going-get-ball

2) They hate the Seahawks because they know they are still the team to beat, and since the NFC South is cake it is boring even discussing those piss poor teams. So.... "let's hate on the Seahawks."

3) Carolina played 14 games against the NFC East, AFC South, and the NFC South. Literally the 3 worst divisions in football. The NFC West & AFC West will be a shock to the system. 2 cupcakes in the Niners & Chargers, but the other 6 games are going to be slug fests.

Remember Superbowl 50 Panthers fans? That is how the Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, Broncos, & Raiders all play. Add Minnesota & Washington, Now half of the schedule will be against teams that play a physical brand of ball.

Last year Carolina played 1 physical team in the Seahawks. The Panthers won the game sure, but were outplayed for 3 quarters trailing by 9 points in the 4th, Seattle blew there 5th 4th quarter lead in 7 games. (Going back to 49.)

Carolina fit the profile of an 11 win team last year, but due to the easy as pie schedule, that bumped them up to 15-1. This year based on the schedule if everything goes right Carolina should get to 11 wins, but I wouldn't bet on it. 10 feels more likely.

TLDR; Carolina plays a much tougher schedule this year.

ctrcat

Reaction score
NINEster":23hojcp8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":23hojcp8 said:
King Dog":23hojcp8 said:
Maulbert":23hojcp8 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/696529806582632448[/tweet]
BWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
I've said this nicely at least two times in this thread.... the Superbowl Hangover is real and you have no clue what's coming Panther fans, no clue. All the better that one of my two jerseys is a Frank Clark. Just means I chose right. The hammer is coming Carolina

I don't know why they had the huge dip between 2013 to 2014 before turning it up in 2015......but it's something to take note of.

Cliff notes version-Jettisoned Steve Smith, Jordan Gross retired, Greg Hardy (skills and $13+ million) was forced out by the league after playing in week 1 because of the Rice video, Cam recovering from broken ribs and surgically repaired ankle, and being fiscally responsible after previous GM put the team in cap hell so that the team would be on solid cap footing in years to come.

A

Anonymous

"Oops, better not jump on that fumble, my ribs are sore, ankle hurts, and I gotta give some of my salary back to buy another O-line for next year!"

Yeah right.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ctrcat":2f4dk5ct said:
Cliff notes version-Jettisoned Steve Smith, Jordan Gross retired, Greg Hardy (skills and $13+ million) was forced out by the league after playing in week 1 because of the Rice video, Cam recovering from broken ribs and surgically repaired ankle, and being fiscally responsible after previous GM put the team in cap hell so that the team would be on solid cap footing in years to come.

All the makings of a Nike commercial right there...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
From that thread on the Kitties board,

I think there's a lot of envy going on here. Just saying.

Russell Wilson isn't afraid to be himself, and he's very comfortable with himself. Dweeb or not, pretentious or not, hippy-yuppy or not. He's a bad, bad man (pun intended).

The hate is flowing through you, but on a bridge to nowhere.

Russell is winning at life right now, SB win, top of his profession, just married a gorgeous pop star, signed a massive contract, and worse of all for the haters.... he seems genuinely happy.

So whats left for the haters? He's kinda a dork? Uh, ok, ouch, burn! :roll:

I mean yea, the dude ain't Miles Davis ya know? So what he wore a Hawaiian shirt with some white sneakers Pete Carroll would love. :D

If that's the negatives the fans of other teams are starting threads about... well carry on, and good luck with that.

Boycie

Reaction score
Chapow":hvygo45o said:
2 of my favorite quotes from that thread...

GAWD HE'S SUCK A POSSER BITCH.

That right there is just special. Just special. :lol:

What a ****** loser.

So glad to have a man like Cam as the face of our organization

So, couple things,

First, there are a lot of things you could call Russell Wilson that even a lot of Seahawks fans would agree with (goodie 2 shoes, fake, robot, etc.), but loser? BWAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAA!!! Not sure how Russell Wilson could be considered a loser by pretty much any standard. That dude is winning at life (and football), by a metric shit ton.

Second, yeah, a man like Cam. A man that pouts on the sidelines like a child anytime things aren't going his way. Panthers fans should be proud.

I am impressed that a muppet like that can use a computer.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Almost like fan bases have myopic views of their franchise player. Weird.

Panther fans with Cam are no different than Seahawk fans are with Russ.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
NINEster":1fdrhen3 said:
RolandDeschain":1fdrhen3 said:
I'd literally be forever disappointed in Russell Wilson if he made a "business decision" like that in the Super Bowl. Regular game? Sure, prevent injury, whatever. Once you're in one-and-done territory, however, you do whatever it takes to win. That goes double for the freakin' Super Bowl. A lot of cats fans probably don't want to admit it, but they agree inside.

Wilson is a tough cookie.

Did you see the hits he took in that road Rams game in 2013? Those hard shots he took near the goal line?
Yeah. I cringe at some of the hits he takes. He really is tough, and doesn't have the huge body like Cam to know he'll be able to shrug them off as easily. I'd have quite a bit of respect for Wilson even if he was a (gag) Niner.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Should be a good rivalry with Carolina for years to come. Hoping this one doesn't end prematurely like the 49er one did. By the looks of it though, it won't.

For Seahawk fans saying Carolina will experience a SB hangover; didn't we experience one last season but still make the playoffs?