Lynch's latest tweet... Retirement is confirmed.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Very proud to have had Lynch be a part of Seahawks history, now here's hoping for the best in his retirement.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
Seanhawk":a30rnu0n said:
djTOY2000":a30rnu0n said:
12694786_10153955801854743_7319915216431390766_o.jpg

Perfect.

thanks, i had to find and create something quick and fitting... and yes, as one mentioned earlier, it sure is dusty in here

Sign37now

Reaction score
So much more pissed now they didn't give him the ball and the MVP in last year's SB.. DAMN!

drdiags

Reaction score
Thanks Marshawn for the memories. The greatest period in Seahawks history. Sorry we missed the opportunity to put a stamp on this era with a back-to-back SB championship but you helped make this era a time a follower of the team could poke his chest out in pride.

Here's to good health and a long and prosperous life. I don't expect you will be asked or plan to pay back the bonus money. Put it to good use and it seems you have good financial advisors. Keep an eye on all of them. Best to you and your hometown passions.

We were lucky to have you, even if you held us at arm's length.

sutz

Reaction score
Thanks Marshawn and best wishes going forward. Looks like we have our flag raiser for next year's playoff game in the Clink. ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thanks Beastmode! I hope you realize how much you meant to the city of Seattle and the Hawks fans across the world.
Your are always a world champion in my eyes! Thanks for the GREAT memories! Enjoy retirement sir, you've more than earned it! :th2thumbs:

Northhawk

Reaction score
Thank you for the memories Mr. Lynch.

Definitely, you are my all-time favorite Seahawk for all that made you unique - brains, guts and talent.

May the next chapter of your life be equally rewarding.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
So what amount of salary comes off the books for retirement vs. release and dead money hit?

Marvin49

Reaction score
So just had to say this. You all know I can't stand the Seahawks. Drives me nuts when you guys win...

...but I've always loved Marshawn Lynch. Loved the guy since his days at Cal. I hated it when he stomped all over my boys in red and gold (which happened far too often). Hated the way the media treated his desire to not speak. He's just always been a different kinda dude.

That even extended into today. LOVE the way he announced his retirement with cleats hanging from a power line. LOL. Classic.

Happy Retirement big fella.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1qjfds9d said:
So what amount of salary comes off the books for retirement vs. release and dead money hit?

As far as I know, Seattle could go after the five million dollar signing bonus (unless Lynch's contract specifically forbids this which it might), but the team almost certainly won't. In the first place, the dead money will count against the cap next year regardless (5 million) for a total cap savings of 6.5 million [Lynch would have been a cap hit of 11.5 million had he played next year] with any 'recovered' money being applied as 'cap relief' in 2017.

Not worth it for the Seahawks and would generate too many bad feelings all around I think, so I would be shocked if Seattle doesn't simply wave Beast Mode a fond farewell, and consider the 5 million a nice retirement bonus and move on.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
One of the reasons this team is what they are right now. Marshawn was one of the best to rock a Seahawks uni. He will be missed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thanks for being such an integral part of the Seahawks getting that so very elusive first championship Marshawn. And how awesome that you retired as a Hawk. May the rest of your life be wonderful!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2o93wwc4 said:
He's done for sure...

Thanks fir the ride :thirishdrinkers:

UKkHzuf

How does that mean anything? Maybe he saw some Seahawks shoes hanging over a wire?

firebee

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1l4pc5qx said:
He's done for sure...

Thanks fir the ride :thirishdrinkers:

UKkHzuf

Hands down... This is probably one of the most iconic retirement messages I've ever seen. It embodies Beastmode.
No big press conference, no questions, no explanations... Just him dropping a picture of cleats hangin' with a peace sign.
"Peace... I'm hanging up the cleats." Truly one of the greats in this franchise.

Latest posts