M. Rob's on the danger of "ego"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First of all, if someone doesn't see that Sherm is a leader, they clearly are not paying attention.
Second, Bennett is a leader on the field, that's what matters.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You guys also have to remember that M-Rob is trying to come across as an unbiased member of the media now, so he's going to make an effort to be somewhat critical of the Hawks.

I didn't think twice about this comment, because ego is a problem on EVERY professional team, good or bad.

Bottom line for me, I'm not worried about ego's on this team, Pete has been absolutely BRILLIANT at managing egos.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39nxw1cf said:
You guys also have to remember that M-Rob is trying to come across as an unbiased member of the media now, so he's going to make an effort to be somewhat critical of the Hawks.

I didn't think twice about this comment, because ego is a problem on EVERY professional team, good or bad.

Bottom line for me, I'm not worried about ego's on this team, Pete has been absolutely BRILLIANT at managing egos.

I agree, I see this as Robinson going the "lazy" media route with the tired "ego", "complacent" garbage talk. That's all. He hasn't been there at the OTA's or minicamps in the lockerroom with the guys, so he can't see how the chemistry of this team is developing.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
jlwaters1":22f41bod said:
Sgt. Largent":22f41bod said:

I agree, I see this as Robinson going the "lazy" media route with the tired "ego", "complacent" garbage talk. That's all. He hasn't been there at the OTA's or minicamps in the lockerroom with the guys, so he can't see how the chemistry of this team is developing.

????? It's a potential pit fall.... I mean would you rather him say, Seattle is going to win the super bowl again, no doubt about it?

What he said was true, people got paid this off season.......big red who was THE leader is gone. Not a huge stretch.

drdiags

Reaction score
Another way I look at MikeRob's comments is not so much the guys that got paid but rather some of the fringe guys resenting it. Just speculating, since that is mostly what we do around here, I wonder how much that played into Bates and Sherman's dust-up. Maybe not at all but surely Bates knows this year is put up or shut up. Two years of PS, he is running out of time.

Okay, I am done making stuff up. Ha!

Smellyman

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3se26nyk said:
Sgt. Largent":3se26nyk said:

crikey......He was asked what could derail the seahawks to repeat and gave his answer.

doesn't mean he thinks it will happen. He gave a perfectly good reason. Yeah he hasn't seen what is going on but he knows just a little bit more about the team than you. You think?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I listened to that whole episode and using that small part of what MRob said without the rest of it is taking it out of context. The tone of the podcast was that the Seahawks are in a great position to repeat. They then got into hypotheticals to come up with reasons why the Hawks may not do well next year, and this is what MRob came up with.

Even thought they are not grizzled veterans age wise, I think guys like ET, Sherm, RW will all lead with their work ethic. And these guys have all been thought it once now.

Anyone else getting really tired of all the complaints about the Hawks being brash on twitter etc like Sherm? Geez, look at some of the crap those winning Cowboys did in the 90s. How about Rothlisberger who could have easily gone to jail if they could find a sober witness. Or Aldon Smth this off-season. But oh no the Seahawks are totally evil cause some of their guys talk too much and call themselves the best etc. Give me a break.