MacDonald vs Johnson decision time

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While I respect his decision, if Johnson doesn't want to be in Seattle, so be it. And IF it's true that he's asking 10 mil plus a year? No thanks.
Someone has mentioned that he also didn't want Geno as the starter. No idea if that's true. They interviewed him TWICE and he didn't want to come here

I guess it doesn't matter, he's off the table.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
While I respect his decision, if Johnson doesn't want to be in Seattle, so be it. And IF it's true that he's asking 10 mil plus a year? No thanks.
Someone has mentioned that he also didn't want Geno as the starter. No idea if that's true. They interviewed him TWICE and he didn't want to come here

I guess it doesn't matter, he's off the table.
I’m available to be Head Coach of the Seahawks!

I’ll take $5M/YR.

Pick me, pick me!!!

keasley45

Reaction score

Food for thought. Some valid points here. Not to say that we should change our thinking. He's no doubt a good coach. But maybe it's a bit premature calling potentially not getting him a failure and needing to resort to plan B, C or whatever.

That, and... coordinator vs coach are two different skillsets. If he doesn't impress John, maybe he was worth waiting to talk to, but that one of the Vrabel , Kafka, Quinn interviews was superior.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Now that Johnson isnt available, at this point nobody else gets me jazzed up other than Macdonald. If it's not him, I'll be disappointed with whomever John chooses

BASF

Reaction score
Here's a name that I haven't seen anyone talking about. If Ben Johnson is the new HC, then what about Brandon Staley as the new DC? He ran a great defense when he was with the Rams. He's another guy that was a better coordinator than he was a HC.
No more Fangio disciples please. His system was figured out two seasons ago and I didn't see great innovations with the Dolphins defense this year to think he figured it out.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
Oh Shit, he doesn't look too happy after his Commies interview....

Capture

PS - How do I post a direct link to a tweet on here? Sorry not super technical but nothing I did seems to have worked.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Now that Johnson isnt available, at this point nobody else gets me jazzed up other than Macdonald. If it's not him, I'll be disappointed with whomever John chooses

Why disappointed? At some point the team needs to make a choice as to which candidate is to be the guy.

Frankly I wanted an offensive minded HC this time around but am prepared to to take the considered choice of JS who will have reasons for making his choice.

For sure McDonald appears to be an upcoming candidate for a HC job, but the team has other experienced options to fall back upon. Let's be patient anise what happens rather than deciding now the choice made would be a fail.

Wheetie

Reaction score
Why disappointed? At some point the team needs to make a choice as to which candidate is to be the guy.

Frankly I wanted an offensive minded HC this time around but am prepared to to take the considered choice of JS who will have reasons for making his choice.

For sure McDonald appears to be an upcoming candidate for a HC job, but the team has other experienced options to fall back upon. Let's be patient anise what happens rather than deciding now the choice made would be a fail.
I'm not allowed to be disappointed?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Oh Shit, he doesn't look too happy after his Commies interview....

View attachment 64115

PS - How do I post a direct link to a tweet on here? Sorry not super technical but nothing I did seems to have worked.
Meh. He could have been giggling for ten solid minutes, and they can still get a still that makes him look bummed or exhausted.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
My updated preferences of realistic candidates:
1) MacDonald
2) Kafka
3) OC from Dolphins
4) Any other guy Im forgetting about with a background in offense
5) Vrabel
6) DC from Panthers
7) DC from Raiders
8) Quinn

CactusJack

Reaction score
Kafka does nothing for me. It could potentially be a huge swing & miss hire. Nothing about him & his resume would give me confidence about the direction of this team.

If you don't hire MacDonald, then I think you have to bring Quinn in. Especially if you're in John's shoes. His job could be on the line with this decision. So, let's hope he makes the right one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it really only matters what the candidate does for John.
It'll all work itself out soon.

What about Evero?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Seeing who the new coordinators are will be very interesting. But they're a lot easier to find than a HC.

Latest posts