Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3doh7zzj said:
Still betting he either has orbital damage with visual deficit, or intracranial hematoma. Only things I can think of that makes sense.

I'd say that you're right. Would worry about orbital fx w palsy....
Prayers for him

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He has certainly showed flashes of talent. He hasn't shown consistency or strong work ethic. He has red flags, yellow flags, and green flags. He has the talent and potential to contribute great things but even if he was healthy he lacks the drive. Not a terrible guy by any means but he will never put the team's interests ahead of his own. The Hawks can do great things as a team but since the super owl they have become mostly a collection of squawking individuals instead. Even healthy I don't see this guy helping to correct that dynamic. Hope he proves me wrong though.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There is a tremendous amount of speculation here about the injury (injuries), the consequences (both physical and financially) to Malik, or the team good and bad. Unfortunately it's all speculation.

While this is discussion board, at some point we need to have facts. What we know for sure is Malik hurt himself riding an ATV which was apparently a breach of his contract. It was a serious head injury, what injury we don't know but it likely was serious enough to end his season. The team thinks that is so, and sent him home to recover there. Beyond that we don't know much more.

There are now 7 pages of speculation about the player's immaturity, the end of his career, or not, how bad the pick was, how much he will keep of his SB, or whether the team will punish the breach, or not. Why don't we wait until more is known?

Yep, it's frustrating to not know or have the player in camp, but we just don't know. However, speculative BS is just that, and nothing more.

Seymour

Reaction score
Why doesn't he just come clean on the accident and injury since it's up him to disclose? Whats with the secret I hurt my face game that everyone one day will know what happened anyway? :roll:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Seymour":2f9gfw6q said:
Why doesn't he just come clean on the accident and injury since it's up him to disclose? Whats with the secret I hurt my face game that everyone one day will know what happened anyway? :roll:

I'm quite sure that his agent and lawyers have told him to "clam up".

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Frankly agree.

The secrecy here is on McDowell and not the team. The team is not legally able to tell the story and McDowell has control, but doesn't want to tell what happened or what his actual injury is or how long he will take to be better. Why,? Maybe his agent has told him the team can pull his signing bonus and has breached his contract, or he knows the injury is more serious than he initially.thought. I'm sure there may be other reasons too. Sadly this leads to these lengthy highly speculative lengthy threads.

Each of us has our views, and often disagree; and it remains for each of us to decide whether some of the speculative comments are patent nonsense.

McDowell knows the truth but isn't saying. We are beating our gums until he talks.

Sucks he's injured, sucks we don't know WTF, is actually going on. I do think his injury hurts the team and wish he wasn't hurt.

Josea16

Reaction score
Smellyman":2dsiq6x6 said:
kidhawk":2dsiq6x6 said:
Smellyman":2dsiq6x6 said:
MontanaHawk05":2dsiq6x6 said:
I'd have to disagree. The loss of McDowell is probably going to be a bigger blow than everyone thought. Pass rush has always been the burr in our shoe whenever we've reached the playoffs, and our DL is quietly becoming less good. Either aging (Avril and Bennett, sharp drop in production in the latter half of last year), injury-prone (Jefferson), untested (Jones), or merely decent at pass rush (Rubin, Marsh, Reed), our only bright spot moving forward is Frank Clark. We are going to need new DL talent.

We'd have to know if he was any good first. He wasn't great in college.

He had 1.5, 4.5 and 1.5 sacks in college. Not exactly the answer to pass rush

He was a lot of Tackle in College. Sacks aren't the stat you look at for Tackles

Just refuting he could be an answer to a pass rush.

He wasn't very good in college, is a knucklehead. The top 5 talent rhetoric drives my nuts. Maybe. He never proved it.
He drove your nuts? That seems uncomfortable. <....….>;)

RussB

Reaction score
So what is going on with him? There have been videos fans have filmed of him walking around in bellvue. Posts pics on instagram and looks just fine. I dont think hes injured at all, it just seems like concussion protocol or something he looks fine to me.

this whole situation is kind of strange

gowazzu02

Reaction score
RussB":3omidimb said:
So what is going on with him? There have been videos fans have filmed of him walking around in bellvue. Posts pics on instagram and looks just fine. I dont think hes injured at all, it just seems like concussion protocol or something he looks fine to me.

Videos of him walking around Bellevue??? Thats news to me, We saw one instagram picture. which btw we have no way of knowing when it was taken. I just posted a picture to Insta that I took during the eclipse. We all know that happened on Monday.

Cannot believe we still don't know anything.

Seymour

Reaction score
Head injury, you would need to see test results and see inside his head to know what really the deal is. Could be blurred vision, headaches, and a bunch of things keeping him out. Keep in mind also, he was not the sharpest tool before this.

199a2017e016863acdd0d14f73cd081f

RussB

Reaction score
gowazzu02":7f08eirb said:
RussB":7f08eirb said:

Videos of him walking around Bellevue??? Thats news to me, We saw one instagram picture. which btw we have no way of knowing when it was taken. I just posted a picture to Insta that I took during the eclipse. We all know that happened on Monday.

Cannot believe we still don't know anything.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexpotts3/status/900083608823529472[/tweet]
Saw it on twitter, 2 days ago, someone filmed him. Its him for sure and he looks fine. I bet he might have gotten a concussion or they are just keeping him in concussion protocol or something.

I dont get why they are being so top secret about it is what is weird.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Call it a hunch, but being able to walk down the street and look fine isn't exactly the same thing as being football ready.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkGA":24egqy7h said:
Call it a hunch, but being able to walk down the street and look fine isn't exactly the same thing as being football ready.

Hunch. :mrgreen:
His pic he posted he was a passenger in the car, now he's seen walking. Possibly he cannot drive which would be an indication of some prolonged issues from the accident.

mikeak

Reaction score
RussB":2vcp0smb said:
he looks fine. I bet he might have gotten a concussion or they are just keeping him in concussion protocol or something.

RussB":2vcp0smb said:

I am a simple person and my guess would be that the reason they are being so "top secrect" is because he is not fine....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RussB":132aan24 said:

Because it's a non football related head injury, so it's not like there's some protocol and treatment for something like this.

How can the team know a timeline when the doctors probably aren't even sure the extent of McDowell's head injury.

Thus being vague about it. It's not like the team's being vague just to annoy everyone, if they're being vague, it's because they don't know either.

RussB

Reaction score
Seymour":1vxz37wb said:
HawkGA":1vxz37wb said:

His pic he posted he was a passenger in the car, now he's seen walking. Possibly he cannot drive which would be an indication of some prolonged issues from the accident.
All signs point to it being a concussion. Depends on how serious, hope its not one like luke kuechly had last year that made him basically miss the whole season

DJrmb

Reaction score
RussB":1sg6zi29 said:
Seymour":1sg6zi29 said:
HawkGA":1sg6zi29 said:

All signs point to it being a concussion. Depends on how serious, hope its not one like luke kuechly had last year that made him basically miss the whole season
Or like the one Michael Oher suffered in week 3 last season. He still is not cleared from the concussion protocol and it looks like he may never play again. The McDowell injury seems to be pointing more and more towards a bad concussion. Which by the way he could have gotten even with a helmet so people shouldn't speculate he wasn't wearing one...

Latest posts