Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

kobebryant

Reaction score
One of the absolute worst things about being a celebrity of some recognition would have to be being filmed by weirdos as you're out in public.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":2gn9ddtq said:
One of the absolute worst things about being a celebrity of some recognition would have to be being filmed by weirdos as you're out in public.

Agreed. Who knew Seattle had a poparazi group?

Seymour

Reaction score
Jerhawk":ui3f18j3 said:
kobebryant":ui3f18j3 said:

Agreed. Who knew Seattle had a poparazi group?

Maybe he could hire Phoenix Jones from Seattle to protect him from those Bellevue thugs? 8)

Phoenix good crop

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
RussB":2g2w5yes said:
So what is going on with him? There have been videos fans have filmed of him walking around in bellvue. Posts pics on instagram and looks just fine. I dont think hes injured at all, it just seems like concussion protocol or something he looks fine to me.

this whole situation is kind of strange
he could be out for the season just for the concussion--you don't mess around with concussions anymore--for damn good reason

pmedic920

Reaction score
DJrmb":15rxzat7 said:
Or like the one Michael Oher suffered in week 3 last season. He still is not cleared from the concussion protocol and it looks like he may never play again. The McDowell injury seems to be pointing more and more towards a bad concussion. Which by the way he could have gotten even with a helmet so people shouldn't speculate he wasn't wearing one...

Are you saying it's ok to speculate, just not ok to speculate that he wasn't wearing a helmet?

In a situation like this people are going to speculate, its human nature.

When you factor in the "passion" that football fans have, the speculation will run rampant.

As little bits of info surfaces, the speculation will become narrowed. I'd say that at this point, speculating that he wasn't wearing a helmet is completely fair.

Obviously we that are speculating could be 100% wrong but come on man, some things just make sense.

YMMV
:{)

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2ijm26pi said:
RussB":2ijm26pi said:
So what is going on with him? There have been videos fans have filmed of him walking around in bellvue. Posts pics on instagram and looks just fine. I dont think hes injured at all, it just seems like concussion protocol or something he looks fine to me.

this whole situation is kind of strange
he could be out for the season just for the concussion--you don't mess around with concussions anymore--for damn good reason

Yeah man I remember watching a piece on former MLB second baseman Brian Roberts. Who missed 13 months of BASEBALL because of complications and symptions.

Heres one article there are others if you google his name w/ concussion. Crazy that you dont see more of this with football.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orio ... story.html

Thats not even taking into account the stuff that could happen later in life due to it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":32j6u52m said:
RussB":32j6u52m said:
I dont get why they are being so top secret about it is what is weird.

Because it's a non football related head injury, so it's not like there's some protocol and treatment for something like this.

How can the team know a timeline when the doctors probably aren't even sure the extent of McDowell's head injury.

Thus being vague about it. It's not like the team's being vague just to annoy everyone, if they're being vague, it's because they don't know either.

I also heard that since it's a non football injury they are restricted by privacy rules to share medical information.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Has the "orbital fracture" theory been laid to rest yet? If so, then David Hsu's "source" (i.e. reporting as fact the random speculation he read of his twitter feed) has once been exposed as a fraud.

The most obvious explanation all along was concussion related.

:snack:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Certainly hasn't been put to rest.

I would still say that the most likely injury, given what little we know, is an orbital fracture with persistent visual deficit.

Teams and players typically aren't nearly so coy about extremely common things like concussions.

Concussions typically don't get coaches hinting at long-term, season and career ending possibilities.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":22sinswb said:
Has the "orbital fracture" theory been laid to rest yet? If so, then David Hsu's "source" (i.e. reporting as fact the random speculation he read of his twitter feed) has once been exposed as a fraud.

I would go with not at rest at all.

Davis was pretty up front about the speculative nature of his information. It's a single source, not multiple which would infer confirmation. He did vouch for that one source having been reliable already this year. Fraud infers an intent to deceive. Which certainly doesn't exist at all here.

If it were as simple as a concussion, that doesn't seem to merit the level of evasion we've seen from the club. Nor would that follow with the types of comments they did offer. Namely the seriousness and season threatening nature of the injury. Concussions are serious. But it's incredibly unlikely they would have been able to make a determination on him losing the season at that early stage if it were simply a concussion. They are mercurial injuries, but expected to be short term. Long term issues tend to be only known as the recuperation process extends beyond the expected recovery.

What they did offer, suggests an injury that has a more definitive length of recuperation. It's not unlikely at all that he did suffer a concussion. But that was probably in addition to something more concrete.

mikeak

Reaction score
To add against the concussion

You don't come out a week or two after a concussion and say things that indicate he won't play for the rest of the season

You do if there is severe head trauma / injury

Long term concussion symptoms wouldn't be known as soon as those first comments about him not coming back / likely not / would take a lot

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DJrmb":19y9ip5n said:
Which by the way he could have gotten even with a helmet so people shouldn't speculate he wasn't wearing one...

Hummmm .....folks on this message board speculate about everything else, so why not his accident?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3hi6ohd4 said:
hawknation2017":3hi6ohd4 said:

I would go with not at rest at all.

Davis was pretty up front about the speculative nature of his information. It's a single source, not multiple which would infer confirmation. He did vouch for that one source having been reliable already this year. Fraud infers an intent to deceive. Which certainly doesn't exist at all here.

If it were as simple as a concussion, that doesn't seem to merit the level of evasion we've seen from the club. Nor would that follow with the types of comments they did offer. Namely the seriousness and season threatening nature of the injury. Concussions are serious. But it's incredibly unlikely they would have been able to make a determination on him losing the season at that early stage if it were simply a concussion. They are mercurial injuries, but expected to be short term. Long term issues tend to be only known as the recuperation process extends beyond the expected recovery.

What they did offer, suggests an injury that has a more definitive length of recuperation. It's not unlikely at all that he did suffer a concussion. But that was probably in addition to something more concrete.

Mentioning this again as I don't think the team is being evasive because they don't want to talk about it. They are restricted from giving out his private medical information due to privacy law. This was not a football injury and it's not their place to give out the information. That's up to Malik and his people.

chris98251

Reaction score
This topic is dead, we won't know shit till he is released to play and can get in front of a microphone or the team can.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
WOW, sounds like he's lost all his sense of who, what and where he is.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/09/04 ... l-and-more

Rookie defensive lineman Malik McDowell will regularly be in-and-out with the team as he makes his way back from a vehicular accident. Carroll said they are focused on comfortably getting McDowell back in the building at this time. “We are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that kind of stuff and he feels comfortable about that with really no demands on him at this time.”

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1nghs8hf said:

Rookie defensive lineman Malik McDowell will regularly be in-and-out with the team as he makes his way back from a vehicular accident. Carroll said they are focused on comfortably getting McDowell back in the building at this time. “We are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that kind of stuff and he feels comfortable about that with really no demands on him at this time.”

That literally is not even close to what Pete is explaining there................... :177692:

mikeak

Reaction score
Yep. Malik's ATV fun forced us to redo Baldwin's contract and burn $6 million or so

Yeah I know I am supposed to feel sorry for the guy but I will wait with that until a story confirms he was going 10mph on an open trail with a helmet on and a freak accident happened. Until then I am going to assume no helmet flying down some minor trail and having lots of fun with his buddies.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Blitzer88":25vhtlnm said:
Bobblehead":25vhtlnm said:

That literally is not even close to what Pete is explaining there................... :177692:

I don't know, , "we are trying to work him back in with us and just re-connecting and making sure that he has a sense of coming to work and all that stuff..."? I think that's a pretty loaded statement full of ambiguities and questions.

Latest posts