Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3eb3nwkb said:
chris98251":3eb3nwkb said:
IMO he was going to be an added run stopper which was heavily missing last year for the first time in PC's tenure.

I don't know about that. Last season, Seahawks defense was ranked #1 in fewest rushing yards allowed per carry, #2 in overall rush defense DVOA, and #1 in unadjusted rush defense efficiency.

Rubin & Reed are solid run-first defenders. Bennett, Avril, Jefferson, & Clark are also very good against the run. Nazair Jones is another run stopping DT prospect in the same mold as Rubin.

McDowell is being counted on more to fill the void in rushing the passer. Other than moving Bennett & Clark inside, we don't have a ton of interior pass rush options.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Malik quite obviously didn't write that tweet today (way too eloquent compared to anything else he has ever tweeted) so it is likely from his agent. Which hopefully makes 'on the field in the near future' accurate but may unfortunately be agent-talk with some other, possibly-misinformed, agenda.

The trouble with thinking the Hawks expect him to have a quick recovery is in the fact they signed DT Rodney Coe; the timing and position may not be mere coincidences.

Hopefully the top draft pick Malik will be great.. at some stage..

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1zazexmr said:
NFSeahawks628":1zazexmr said:
chris98251":1zazexmr said:
IMO he was going to be an added run stopper which was heavily missing last year for the first time in PC's tenure.

I don't know about that. Last season, Seahawks defense was ranked #1 in fewest rushing yards allowed per carry, #2 in overall rush defense DVOA, and #1 in unadjusted rush defense efficiency.

Rubin & Reed are solid run-first defenders. Bennett, Avril, Jefferson, & Clark are also very good against the run. Nazair Jones is another run stopping DT prospect in the same mold as Rubin.

McDowell is being counted on more to fill the void in rushing the passer. Other than moving Bennett & Clark inside, we don't have a ton of interior pass rush options.

There was a significant drop off once Red and Mebane left. They were dominant at the position. I'm not sure why you are so high on Rubin and I think Reed is ok but hard to really say how he will pan out. There was a significant amount of chunk rushing plays against us last year that I remember not happening in the past.

That being said and I'm not doubting him but I'm not sure McDowell is the answer at rushing the passer. Idk his tape was underwhelming, that being said I'm not a coach just a fan. :p

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pmedic920":3w3xnw4u said:
Was an ATV accident.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sea.247spo ... 628618/Amp
e9e9d55813e7e4f09c4551000495cd6b.png

This sucks.

Wishing Malik a speedy recovery.

When did Pete say he could miss the season?

I don't remember hearing that in his press conference...

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":wsb8kwwp said:
hawknation2017":wsb8kwwp said:
NFSeahawks628":wsb8kwwp said:
chris98251":wsb8kwwp said:

There was a significant drop off once Red and Mebane left. They were dominant at the position. I'm not sure why you are so high on Rubin and I think Reed is ok but hard to really say how he will pan out. There was a significant amount of chunk rushing plays against us last year that I remember not happening in the past.

That being said and I'm not doubting him but I'm not sure McDowell is the answer at rushing the passer. Idk his tape was underwhelming, that being said I'm not a coach just a fan. :p

As long as Pete Carroll is our coach, the Seahawks will be pretty dang good at stopping the run. The pass defense gets all the pub, but our run defense has been consistently dominant.

I do agree with your points on Reed & McDowell. Reed did seem to lose leverage at times last season, leading to a few big rushing plays. But overall, they were still the #1 or #2 rushing team in the league in raw efficiency.

Interior pass rush has been non-existent apart from Bennett/Clark moving inside in the nickel defense. I agree that McDowell is still raw & will take time to develop into the every down 3T pass rusher they have been missing over the last several years. Most likely, the defensive line will remain reliant on playing Bennett/Clark inside to generate any significant interior pass rush.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1a8wzt2a said:
pmedic920":1a8wzt2a said:
Was an ATV accident.

This sucks.

He didn't say that. He said he didn't know when McDowell would be ready to return to the team. McDowell says he will be ready to return to Seattle in the next few days after resting his injuries.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1konbkew said:
NFSeahawks628":1konbkew said:
pmedic920":1konbkew said:
Was an ATV accident.

This sucks.

He didn't say that. He said he didn't know when McDowell would be ready to return to the team. McDowell says he will be ready to return to Seattle in the next few days after resting his injuries.

If he didn't say that then why is Ian Rapaport selling fake news.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I can't post a link for some reason as the site keeps giving me an error message.

At 2:57 pm the hawks placed him on the reserve did not report list and signed DT Coe. Found it on the Seahawks twitter account.

pmedic920

Reaction score
sutz":2da2ybog said:
Gee, NFL players get a lot of concussions while wearing helmets. And unless you're in some competition, how many ATV riders wear full face helmets? Not many, I'd guess.

:229031_shrug:

Not sure what your point is.
I respond to 2-3 ATV incidents a week, (especially in the summer) they are very common in my district. I don't have exact numbers but I'd guess that 90% or higher that involve head injuries/facial trauma also involve the injured party not wearing a helmet.

My point is, I think riding an ATV without a helmet is a "stupid move".
All being said without knowledge of this situation. It was as stated, "speculation".

Cyrus12

Reaction score
What a great start to the the season...probably the start of many lows the way this unfolded. So much for year one for this guy...at least curry played...so many other guys we could of drafted.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I hope they take some money away for this. It's one thing to have fun it's another to engage in reckless behavior when your under contract as a pro athlete.

Go ahead and do what you want, have a fun summer and pay for it in the wallet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1ahcc4if said:
I hope they take some money away for this. It's one thing to have fun it's another to engage in reckless behavior when your under contract as a pro athlete.

Go ahead and do what you want, have a fun summer and pay for it in the wallet.
Kinda of agree with this.
I'd bet there is a clause in his contract that forbids him from doing stuff like this.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This sucks big time. He was going to add to our depth on the d-line. The pessimist in me thinks we wont see him till next season now

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
That's what we get for drafting a Spartan. :stirthepot:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3kisc9do said:
Being reported from training camp on NFLN.

"Injuries include a concussion and facial injuries"

Pure speculation on my part but I'd guess he wasn't wearing a helmet. If that is the case "stupid move" on Malik's part.

I had hopes that this kid would be an Impact player this year.

OHH Yess, he did make an IMPACT, that is for sure. :2thumbs:

RW92

Reaction score
He'll recover. It's just one of those things. We need him, all 6 foot 6 of him. Our pass rush has been suspect at times and I hope that he can play by third game of pre-season. At least have him work out in the weight room. Do sprints. What ever it takes. But he must understand that his body is his investment and he must take care of it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
sutz":1gc0w0ku said:
pmedic920":1gc0w0ku said:
Being reported from training camp on NFLN.

"Injuries include a concussion and facial injuries"

Pure speculation on my part but I'd guess he wasn't wearing a helmet. If that is the case "stupid move" on Malik's part.

I had hopes that this kid would be an Impact player this year.
Gee, NFL players get a lot of concussions while wearing helmets. And unless you're in some competition, how many ATV riders wear full face helmets? Not many, I'd guess.

:229031_shrug:

Well that's pretty stupid not to wear full face when ATV'ing. Motorcyclists do, downhill mountain bikers do, snowmobilers do. And that is recreational. If you are going fast enough in an ATV to lose control, you should wear a full face helmet.

But world is full of young stupid men unwilling to even show a modicum of safe behaviour.