Malik McDowell in "vehicular" accident

LolaRox

Reaction score
My guess is that Pete is being so vague because this injury occurred outside of football/team activity and there could be HIPAA concerns. I don't image the team can just start blabbing all the details without McDowell or his family's permission.

mikeak

Reaction score
He can discuss the status of the person as it relates to the football team without violating HIPAA rules.

He is more likely vague because they are reserving their rights to hold back all the money since this most likely violated the contract. Better to be quiet now, stay on the good side of the player and figure things out exactly before you say to much

RW92

Reaction score
If we had to do this all over again, we take Reuben Foster, who has been lighting it up for the 49'ers. That kid's a player.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Sounds like Malik messed up his face pretty bad. Probably not going to be the most handsome gentlemen anymore. I think this would be more of a mental hurdle than anything else. However unlike some of you, I'm not throwing in the towel on this kid yet. He might have to sit this year out but no reason why he cant be the player we all hoped he could be in the future.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
RW92":2sqndnuq said:
If we had to do this all over again, we take Reuben Foster, who has been lighting it up for the 49'ers. That kid's a player.

Nah. Mike wasn't necessary.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
IrishNW":2rzhw6xg said:
Sounds like Malik messed up his face pretty bad. Probably not going to be the most handsome gentlemen anymore. I think this would be more of a mental hurdle than anything else. However unlike some of you, I'm not throwing in the towel on this kid yet. He might have to sit this year out but no reason why he cant be the player we all hoped he could be in the future.

We wanted him for this year.
As these vets get older and older, Avril and Bennett come to mind, out window of opp is closing.

Hendo66

Reaction score
What a shit sandwich.
I was meh on the pick but was warming up to it and anxious to see what Malik could do.
Now all i'm thinking is woulda, coulda, shoulda regarding the pick.
Hope it all works out but definitely a big ol' bummer.....

King Dog

Reaction score
Our drafts have been so sorry the past few years. Sucks we have to always count on the guys from the 2010-2012 draft without a solid infusion of young talent since. Our core guys are getting old. Was the draft genius Scott Mcloughin? If so, he's available I believe. Pay the man and get him back here.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I can't help but be completely pissed off as a selfish fan and I'm not really sorry. Orbital bone? Eye related? Long-term? Those three things make me doubt he'll be back this year. I also think they are keeping it hush hush to possibly reserve the money as someone mentioned.

mikeak

Reaction score
For anyone wanted Lamp remember he is out for season. So comfort yourself with knowing Malik won't play less games this season

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
So can we have both him and Shead on the list and bring them both back during the season?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
How is his face is it damaged? I haven't been following this issue just reading on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RW92":9t215m4y said:

"Lighting it up" in training camp? Lol.

Foster is a good player, but let's see how he does in real game action before we anoint him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Normally I'd say the longer they are withholding information the worse the situation is (and still may be the case), but there are hipaa laws they have to abide by.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3656ojhv said:
RW92":3656ojhv said:

"Lighting it up" in training camp? Lol.

Foster is a good player, but let's see how he does in real game action before we anoint him.

Exactly...do teams even tackle in training camp anymore?

sjhawkfan

Reaction score
Seymour":2tqukngm said:
QuickLightning":2tqukngm said:
Sounds like it might be career threatening.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 1872489472

Michael Bennett is talking about hoping Malik McDowell's quality of life and brain aren't affected long term by ATV accident

I would not use a generic statement from Bennett as a sign it may be career threatening myself.

I heard that and did not take that from his statement at all. The same statement could be made from any concussion. Seeing the hamburger face he likely has only adds to peoples speculation IMO.

Delete your cookies in your browser. Viola! No more article limits. :D

my bad, this was for Seymour