Malik McDowell

olyfan63

Reaction score
It may be a blessing that he's been raked over the coals and had words he thought were private blasted all over the Internet. Do you think now he might mind his P's and Q's and be a little more careful, now that he's had this experience, and been ridiculed and attacked? Perhaps the young man is getting an education? Or maybe he's too stupid to get it, guess we'll find out.

I don't know how NFI affects a players pay, I hope profoundly, but he was very concerned about $600, which to him should be parking meter change after getting a paycheck or two. Anyone know precisely how the NFI affects his pay?

Assuming he reports to camp, he's going to find himself humbled at times as part of his learning process, kicked around a bit, and exposed to the influence of real pros. He might now be in better position to pay attention.

So I'm going on record as him having *above* a 50-50 chance to pull his head out of his ass and become a productive football player for the Seahawks. Wish me luck with that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Here is a thought, he may have been hurt, got to camp and instead of a redshirt he got a year to get a NFL body and train, remember he is only 21.

original poster

Reaction score
olyfan63":2ws1doom said:
It may be a blessing that he's been raked over the coals and had words he thought were private blasted all over the Internet. Do you think now he might mind his P's and Q's and be a little more careful, now that he's had this experience, and been ridiculed and attacked? Perhaps the young man is getting an education? Or maybe he's too stupid to get it, guess we'll find out.

I don't know how NFI affects a players pay, I hope profoundly, but he was very concerned about $600, which to him should be parking meter change after getting a paycheck or two. Anyone know precisely how the NFI affects his pay?

Assuming he reports to camp, he's going to find himself humbled at times as part of his learning process, kicked around a bit, and exposed to the influence of real pros. He might now be in better position to pay attention.

So I'm going on record as him having *above* a 50-50 chance to pull his head out of his ass and become a productive football player for the Seahawks. Wish me luck with that.

I'm fairly sure they're not entitled to any pay but the Seahawks gave him some money weekly as a good will gesture.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I saw this thread had got bumped up and immediately thought he must have done something stupid again...so many guys we could of got instead of him that would of made an instant impact...swing and a miss...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkNuts":qll4hlno said:
This guy is a bum. Time to eat the wasted pick and move on.

Why say this if McDowell can play, or has the possibility to play this year or next?

Dude's not 34, he's 21. We can all be pissed off at his stupidity, yet still be patient to see if he can play or not.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
All I'll say is I'm way more mature at 33 then 21 even though I was pretty mature for a 21yr old having a newborn and wife.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26112yxs said:
HawkNuts":26112yxs said:
This guy is a bum. Time to eat the wasted pick and move on.

Why say this if McDowell can play, or has the possibility to play this year or next?

Dude's not 34, he's 21. We can all be pissed off at his stupidity, yet still be patient to see if he can play or not.

Some people just insist on cutting off their nose to spite their face.

mikeak

Reaction score
original poster":wik3gtjv said:
olyfan63":wik3gtjv said:

I'm fairly sure they're not entitled to any pay but the Seahawks gave him some money weekly as a good will gesture.

Yeah that weekly allowance and the $3,198,503 signing bonus he was given is all that puts food on his table.........

Seahawkville

Reaction score
As a fan, it's become kinda infuriating the way the Seahawks divulge information about injuries. Who is to say they are at liberty to do that however.?

It's just a bummer for us that spend so much time all year following every scrap of news we can get.

This guy was our first pick in last years draft, and never played a down. It was reported he had an accident that disfigured his face but when you see his arrest video, that isn't true.

So, what is true?....I don't believe anything anymore unless I personally know the source and that is sad.

We all should be looking at this whole ordeal with a cocked eyebrow.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Malik was just more in a string of arrogant moves by the Seahawks.

Instead of taking an obvious choice and putting them in their natural position they take a flyer on a player with some pre-draft concerns thinking that they are smarter than everyone else. They keep swinging for the fences and have been striking out at an alarming rate. They need to just go for some singles and doubles and build a more solid team.

randomation

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3tieu26f said:
Or maybe they just having been picking the guys that YOU wanted them to pick?

We gave the niners Foster we could have taken Ramcyzk and the Saints would have taken Foster instead we traded down gave the niners Foster left outselves with zero premiere oline talent on the table but hey Cable might have even managed to screw up Ramcyzk who was probably the 2nd or 3rd best player on the Saints line as a rookie.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Easy to say after the fact that a pick was horrible. And I wanted them to take an O Lineman, clearly looking back now, Malik was a horrible pick. But I think people get way too worked up about picks when it's not a guy they wanted them to take. It has been that way for years. Including the local radio people. Instant butt hurt if it's not someone they haven't heard much about and/or that they wanted them to take. It's very rare that they do what we hope that they will do. Nobody should ever be surprised at that they do. If anything, the way they have picked early in the draft makes me hope they will trade down. They clearly do better work AFTER the 1st round.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It has been mentioned in this thread that there is no record of the ATV accident. Where did this accident supposedly occur? Does that state require personal injury accidents to be reported? If so, then there should be a police report. If this was never reported to the police, then why not? Was he under the influence of alcohol or drugs? There are a lot of unanswered questions in this post. If he was involved in a serious personal injury accident, then there should definitely be some sort of police report. One of the most common reasons why accidents like this go unreported, is because the driver is intoxicated.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I never had any particular players I wanted instead. However, when the (supposed) draft experts list your areas of need and best available players and your picks are not in the areas of need nor in the best available over and over and over again it says something.

You don't see the organizational arrogance? "We can draft a kicker and turn him into a star offensive lineman" type of bs? Hey, why don't we draft an olineman to be an olineman. How bloody hard is that?

Seymour

Reaction score
WmHBonney":tdhwu4ro said:
It has been mentioned in this thread that there is no record of the ATV accident. Where did this accident supposedly occur? Does that state require personal injury accidents to be reported? If so, then there should be a police report. If this was never reported to the police, then why not? Was he under the influence of alcohol or drugs? There are a lot of unanswered questions in this post. If he was involved in a serious personal injury accident, then there should definitely be some sort of police report. One of the most common reasons why accidents like this go unreported, is because the driver is intoxicated.

It was mid July and he was in Michigan somewhere.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seymour":287s64ru said:
WmHBonney":287s64ru said:

It was mid July and he was in Michigan somewhere.

So, are there any Michigan folks in here? Is it a law in Michigan that personal injury accidents be reported?