Malik news

Megatron

Reaction score
Remember Ken Hamlin, he got into a fight which resulted in a skull fracture, a brain contusion, and a subdural hematoma after the sixth game in 2005. He was put on the NFI list in November of that year and missed the rest of the season. In 2006 he started all 16 games, less than a year after suffering the head injuries. Not saying their injuries were exactly the same (we don't even know if Malik had a subdural hematoma or a skull fracture) but everything about the extent of Malik's injuries is nothing but speculation until he releases his medical records (if it ever happens) or someone with full knowledge of his situation is able to talk about it without violating HIPAA, basically Malik himself at this point.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It very well could be that having lived through a co-worker going through the ordeal that I see a correlation that very strongly implies a link that doesn't actually exist. I'm no expert, for sure, so I will defer to your diagnosis.

All I really know is I knew a bright guy with a wife and a child on the way who is now living with his mother because he can't take care of himself, and the diagnosis was MS.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2xn52f01 said:
It very well could be that having lived through a co-worker going through the ordeal that I see a correlation that very strongly implies a link that doesn't actually exist. I'm no expert, for sure, so I will defer to your diagnosis.

All I really know is I knew a bright guy with a wife and a child on the way who is now living with his mother because he can't take care of himself, and the diagnosis was MS.

Heartbreaking, certainly. I hope they all get the support they need.

kf3339

Reaction score
I think we will all have a good feel for his future by the start of the regular season. He will have been more than a year removed from the injury and had plenty of time to heal. If he still can't participate then it may end up badly for him and us. We'll see.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
12HawkFan":1zkwzx67 said:
The entire super secret thing is what is most bothersome to me because quite frankly if it was just a young dumb kid doing some young dumb kid thing that got him injured, it would have been discussed and forgotten months ago if they had just went public with what had actually happened and been done with it.

Instead we have what we have and it leads me to believe that if the truth had been known from the beginning it would have cost him financially and the Seahawks would have moved to sever all ties with him, especially the financial ones, it's the only thing that makes any sense to me for keeping the whole thing under wraps.

Absolutely agreed that it's the deliberate vagueness in team statements and lack of insight as to what the condition is from his people that is very atypical in this situation. Also noteworthy is that outside reporters aren't touching it.

This is PURELY CONJECTURE, but it makes me think it could be something that could be career threatening (which we already know from reporting, but reporters won't go farther than that to say what it is), but that also comes with a lot of stigma attached.

TBH it reminds of Scot MccCoughan's firing from the 9ers -- everyone from the team to reporters were weird and vague about it, and as fans we all kinda knew that everyone from the team to reporters knew what was going on, but nobody was going to be the person to come out and say that he was a major alcoholic whose life was falling apart because of his addiction.

I'm obviously not saying that McDowell fell off an ATV and became an alcoholic, but my pure conjecture is that whatever his condition is has a stigma attached to it. In following that thread I obviously have my own suspicions about what it could be, but again, those are best not named and if that's true it's McDowell's choice to talk about it or not.

Seymour

Reaction score
Well this is one case that no news is not good news. And looks like no news from here.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Conjecture, lots of conjecture. We simply don’t know enough real facts about the injury, the recovery, what to expect if anything but the draft pick is seemingly a write off due to a young man’s foolish high risk recreational Non Football Injury. Of course he’s self interested in keeping his cards close to his chest as he could lose a lot of money if he fesses up what the whole situation is for him. Of course we are all acutely interested. The team naturally knows more, and probably knows more than they are allowed to say. We will need to simply be patient before either good news or more likely expected bad news ends this strange rule mandated silence.

Too bad, I had hopes the team had drafted a potential high reward DLineman. Perhaps I might be wrong but at this point my expectations are not high. I hope I’m wrong.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It don't matter, we probably would have taken that other goof ball.. Foster and he'd be a failure as well.

bighawk

Reaction score
I hope he can make it back he is only 21 until the doctors say he cant play i holdout hope. He is a unique talent when healthy. If it takes another year. Then so be it. He is a seahawk so i still support him. Dont give up hope yet.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Just keep your expectations to zero, and then anything he contributes will be PURE GRAVY, BABY.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!