Marcus Mariota

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I think they need to take a serious look at signing him. He's better than Lock in fact i think he's better than Jimmy g. This makes alot of sense on a number of fronts i just don't know how much he will cost there are limits to what they should pay him. If they want a good veteran QB this off season that won't cost you your entire draft 'Watson' this is the best option. I'm not in favor of Watson i don't see it his legal issues are just to numerous and giving up everything we just got for Wilson just doesn't sit well at all.

Hyak

Reaction score
I can see them taking a flyer on him but he's a pretty awful NFL QB in his own right and not an answer. He won't throw it unless the guy is wide open, has inconsistent accuracy/poor ball placement accuracy, and abandons plays way too quickly. He also gets hurt a lot.

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
JTB":3ckbx7ue said:
I can see them taking a flyer on him but he's a pretty awful NFL QB in his own right and not an answer. He won't throw it unless the guy is wide open, has inconsistent accuracy/poor ball placement accuracy, and abandons plays way too quickly. He also gets hurt a lot.

There is no sure thing out there other then Watson and if they give up all that draft capital it's a lateral move at best.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Mariota and Lock battling off for the starting spot, while we draft someone like Willis/Howell to maybe take over down the road.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Mariota biggest problem has been health. When he is healthy he is a decent QB. Unfortunately that isn’t a lot.

Hyak

Reaction score
CPHawk":2dc1e1dw said:
Mariota biggest problem has been health. When he is healthy he is a decent QB. Unfortunately that isn’t a lot.

No he isn't. He was awful in 2017-2019 before finally getting benched. Tannehill replaced him and with the same personnel/OC they went from the 27th best offense to 2nd in terms of Points and RZ efficiency.

Don't look at the stats either - he literally would not throw the ball into tight windows after 2017 when he threw more INT's than TD's.

He'd also get killed if the pass protection is anything like it has been.

flv

Reaction score
The Raiders used Mariota is short-yardage and goal-line situations. I think he's a better starting option than Luck or Smith but none of the 3 are likely to be near average NFL quality starters.

getnasty

Reaction score
Mariota, Cam, Gardner all guys who aren't the future but might be able to get us to 8-9.

I'd honestly rather roll with Drew Lock and draft the future next year.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Mariotta may be our best option,probably as a bridge QB until someone better becomes available next year.

In terms of other options it looks like:
1. Watson (unlikely he'd want to come here, especially if Tampa wants him)
2. Jimmy G (unlikely the 9ers would ever trade a starting QB within the division)
3. Malik Willis (very raw, played well against the likes of UMass and Old Dominion, a total crapshoot re: the NFL)
4. Drew Locke (could not beat out Teddy Bridgewater)
5. Geno (kill me now)

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
LOL Mariota is absolutely awful. Where do people come up with this garbage? NOT A STARTING NFL QB. Never will be. A mediocre back up at best. Dude is terrible.

JGreen79

Reaction score
I still remember his touchdown pass to himself that sparked a playoff comeback win against the Chiefs. He had flashes of being great, but definitely not a long term solution.

Elemas

Reaction score
Agreed. He is garbage. But, perhaps you can answer these questions.

Do we need a good QB right now?

What difference will it make this year?

There’s a very clear answer here. It’s not Watson. It’s not Willis. Mariota? Meh… whatever.

flv

Reaction score
GemCity":2vozly5t said:
...What difference will it make this year?...
With a better DC in 2022, healthy RBs, a better QB than Smith or Lock, and a fair wind the Seahawks could win enough games to persuade the owner to extend the GM and HC. That should provide enough motivation for the GM and HC to pursue a QB upgrade. It may, or may not, be a difference fans want.

Latest posts