Mark Brunell's hatred of the Seahawks continues

plyka

Reaction score
Just listening to the Podcast of First Take with Mark Brunell. If you remember, this is the same Brunell that picked the Saints twice, the 49ers (if memory serves) and claimed that the Clink was NOT the loudest stadium in the NFL (despite Guiness' claim that it is the loudest stadium in the world), and NOT the hardest place to get a win on the road.

Now you could just hear his glee, when he said: "Next week after Peyton walks in there and wins, he will be the best QB in history..." Next the hot chick asked him: "It's obvious you're leaning towards the Broncos, what's your prediction?" Brunell answers with a 32-17 easy victory for the Broncos.

Unlike most I don't think Seattle has a lot of haters in the media. There is an obvious bias in media people against Seattle, but it's more due to them not caring enough to research/watch the games rather than a bias against. Skip Bayless has a bias against. But that's really the only person I know or think that has a bias against Seattle, except for Brunell.

Anyone know what this guy has against the Seahawks? I feel like he absolutely hates them / disrespects them whenever he gets a chance.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Didnt Brunell go to UW? Havent heard about his bias.

I think Marshall Faulk has the most obvious bias of anyone Ive watched or read much from.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Mark is just jealous because he used to be Russell Wilson, or so he thought.

Mark was once a scrappy, tough young quarterback playing for a team in a city (J-ville) that like Seattle is an afterthought to the NFL. He was a good Christian, and he managed to shock the world with a couple of key victories (J-ville over Denver in 1996 playoffs). He then got to go around quoting the Bible being all gracious when the team won. Finally, in 1999, his team was the number one seed with an even better record (14-2) than the Seahawks have this year. Unlike Russell, however, Mark was not able to beat his conference nemesis (Tennessee), not even in the postseason, and so that 14-2 record, #1 seed, and impressive 62-7 trouncing of the Dolphins in the Divisional round was all for naught.

Mark is just pissed because Russell is doing what he, Mark, should have done but could not. And now all that sweet Christian posturing Brunell threw down looks like it was all an act. He's a bitter, mean-spirited little man.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
At least he's consistent.

This is exactly why I don't give a damn about anything former players have to say.
All of their thoughts are skewed by their history with teams, players and coaches.

I'll take fantasy football writers over former players anytime.

Nog

Reaction score
Likewise Trent Difler, a former mediocre NFL QB (and this is a euphemism) who is judging us? Seriously, it doesn't move me at all. Just make me laugh!

Axx

Reaction score
Nfl network is somewhat fair. There are a few that obviously hate seattle like jeff garcia and marshall faulk but overall its pretty balanced. Darren sharper (in jail now lol), baldinger and irvin appear to like the seahawks.

Espn though has nothing but seahawk haters thats why i stay away from that network. They predict seattle to lose every week. Espn only cares about big audiance teams like sf and NE. they also love the cowboys

Polaris

Reaction score
Also Mark Brunell is a R-Skins homer, and that particular fanbase hates Seattle (almost as much as the Niner fanbase does).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We all know he is secretly wearing "Don't You Ever Talk About Me!"* T-Shirts that he bought from Sherman's website.

(*How sharp is Sherman to market his own merch based on his own catchphrases?)

The guy is so vehemently anti-Seahawk that he clearly doesn't want anyone to notice his crush.

stmcmurray

Reaction score
Also, if memory serves me correctly, Brunell was QB of the Redskins when we beat them here in 05/06 in the Divisional round.

KK84

Reaction score
Kinda off topic, but the comment that said Baldinger liked us was 100% correct. He's the only guy on Philly radio that has been gushing about our d from the very beginning. (2011 is when he started talking about it I believe).

Meat

Reaction score
Brunell is broke. It's all gone. Everything. He's also left-handed.

davidonmi

Reaction score
brunell picked the saints both times and the niners.
Him picking the broncos is a good thing

Nog

Reaction score
stmcmurray":3u0h4l6p said:
Also, if memory serves me correctly, Brunell was QB of the Redskins when we beat them here in 05/06 in the Divisional round.
I guess it is because they are delusional for more than a decade :mrgreen:

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Meat":elesdbg5 said:
Brunell is broke. It's all gone. Everything. He's also left-handed.

Well, I'm left-handed. So is this guy:

2003944259.jpg

drdiags

Reaction score
He is just trolling the nation, playing the reverse psychology thing. Or maybe fans gave his family crap when he played against the Seahawks in the '05 playoff game?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Come one you all take these guys too seriously. Like Russell will say ... "just ignore the noise".
I'm confident in this team, so are all of you. Don't let a few bitter people mess up your day.
Like Russell will say: "Get out there and win the day". Don't let negative thoughts ruin this beautiful Saturday.
I know I got 99 problems, but Brunell ain't none of them.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Tim Brown was easily the biggest Hawk hater. So glad he's off TV now. He must be dreading this SB matchup.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
joeseahawks":359gay7m said:
Come one you all take these guys too seriously. Like Russell will say ... "just ignore the noise".
I'm confident in this team, so are all of you. Don't let a few bitter people mess up your day.
Like Russell will say: "Get out there and win the day". Don't let negative thoughts ruin this beautiful Saturday.
I know I got 99 problems, but Brunell ain't none of them.

This. And remember that Pete Carroll's mother used to tell him to begin each day with the believe that something amazing was going to happen.