Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
The greatest, and my favorite Seahawk of all time. He’s a GROWN ASS MAN! <3

Kinda makes it all worth it to me, never ended properly. Will the O line appear? Prob not, but one can dream!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":mrveso3x said:
Scorpion05":mrveso3x said:
Yea, but ultimately that doesn’t matter.

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

Remember 2nd half of the season in 2015?

How many great pass rushes did we face then? Genuinely don’t recall.

Our team is geared even more than then towards pass blocking. Analysts have also pointed out how simplistic our offense is. We don’t have the scheme or personnel for pass first. We have an amazing QB that needs to play flawless for you all to think we COULD be a pass first offense.

But in actual passing offenses, Mahomes, Brees don’t need to be perfect.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":2o60cvhp said:
I don't get how anyone could think this is a bad idea. So entertaining.

Hell yeah. At this point we've got nothing to lose, and it's not like there were amazing RB's just waiting to be called on the last week of the season.

If the only thing Lynch does is energize the locker room and stadium, and that somehow inspires the team to have a chance to win Sunday night? That's good enough for me.

Elemas

Reaction score
I don't have much hope for the next two games. To put it plainly, I'm assuming two losses.

But, I'm proud of this team. Injuries aside, we would've done damage (when we weren't really supposed to). We are a young team as well...need a few key signings and we're back in the mix.

Now...on to Marshawn....how can you not love this? I'd love to see a SB run...with BeastMode running it in for the game closer. He's a Seahawk legend and unpredictable. He wouldn't come back if he didn't have any left in the tank. The feeling at the Clink alone this next weekend makes it make sense.

If we can snatch a win, awesome. If not, sit back...get a lil misty eyed, and be proud of this team.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Whether he helps with a run game or not saying anything about Marshawn Lynch is blasphemy against the Seahawks he was the best back Seattle has ever had.
What does he bring? Leadership, Toughness the qualities that brought us a Superbowl if you watch plays right now if a player thinks the play might be over they quit especially on defense remember how everybody just ran to the ball not anymore they expect the next guy to make the tackle. I think we lack serious Leadership holding players accountable the way Sherm and Thomas did.
The Whole Team rallied around Marshawn he is a Mans man or shall we say a players player.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Elemas":2pt6inn5 said:
I don't have much hope for the next two games. To put it plainly, I'm assuming two losses..

While I don't think we'll win Sunday, I actually like our chances of going on the road in Philly or at home against the Vikings. Neither team is impressive. Both highly winnable games.

Now if we continue to suffer an insane amount of injuries? Then no, it's over.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Remember our history. We start with the run and keep going wearing them out. If we start with a taste of Beastmode, and pull him to rest him after knocking off the russt. Then in the second half Beast out....Release the Beast. Release the Kraken, release the skittles. Taste the RAinbow.

The second half is where we will do the most damage. Let them have a 7 pt lead in the first half and then let them go Feastmode.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I prefer the road game against PHI. However, there's still a chance we'd be playing Dallas. That's less ideal.

If we stay alive, we end up playing SF again win or lose. I bet half the Webzone will be Hawks "fans" as divisional looms because they see us ATM like we see PHI. Even if we get Quandre and Clowney back.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Niner fan reaction here:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/12/24 ... k-17-49ers

Leave it to Pete Carroll to exploit a rule violation by the guy he is signing
Lynch’s time with the Raiders abruptly ended in 2018, when he suffered a groin injury—cruelly, against Seattle—that saw him placed on injured reserve. Lynch’s contract with Oakland expired after last season, and though he was presumed to have retired once again, the enigmatic tailback never filed his papers—which is why he is able to sign with the Seahawks so late in the season.
Even when it’s strictly a PR move, Carroll can’t help himself from exploiting self created rule violations to do something that otherwise is illegal. So now this transaction is fully explained. Petes deal with the devil requires a quota of cheating in return for ridiculous luck and bad calls, and this move added to the systemic PED and drug violations, and the convicted felon on his roster, brings his account with the devil current through christmas.

----

I got a similar reaction when I told the resident 9er SO. It's NOT CHEATING. Lynch didn't sign his retirement papers with Oakland because his contract expired. He's as much a UFA as CJ Anderson or Turbin.

So then people are snarking that they might as well get Bowman. He signed a one-day contract to retire a 49er in June so that deadline is past.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Man... this is the coolest Seahawks news in quite a while. Beast is my all-time favorite Seahawk and a national treasure.

We just got Chris Carson back, but he's going to be wearing #24. The Clink is going to be ROCKING Sunday night.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This is so awesome. I'm pinching myself all day, as well as others to make sure I'm not dreaming

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is EPIC! All you negative nancies can as the British say, piss off. This is not about gaudy stats it's about the emotional impact he will bring to the team and the fans this Sunday Night. I don't care if he gets less than 30 yards rushing...His presence and physicality alone will demand respect. Given our current injury situation this is nothing but a GOOD thing!

Unfinished Business!! GO HAWKS!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
WELCOME BACK, MARSHAWN LYNCH!

Seriously folks, this is a win-win situation. It's not costing us much because it's not about the money. It's about unfinished business. Even if Marshawn is a shell of his former self, he's as good as most other run-of-the-mill backs out there. And no matter what, he always gives it his all on the field.

He's coming back for a reunion with a team he loved to make it a happy ending after all. The 12s are going to be pumped every game he's out there. It's a huge morale boost, and if nothing else, that translates into energy in the stadium, which yes, could be worth first downs, penalties, etc.

This is some of the best Seahawks news we've seen in a long time!

:irishdrinkers:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Man I was getting tears this morning thinking about Marshawn lining up in the backfield for the Hawks in 2019. Makes we want to go back and watch him during the '12-14 seasons. I think most of recognized his greatness when he was playing, but this just takes the Myth of Marshawn to another level. If we can make a playoff run with him leading the way from the backfield... I don't think football can get any better.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":32a9fcvr said:
ivotuk":32a9fcvr said:
John63":32a9fcvr said:
MrThortan":32a9fcvr said:
I don't even care if he doesn't even get one carry. It feels good to have him back on the team when I think they are struggling with their identity.

That struggle is on PC. Lynch is going to make it worse.

INCORRECT. :141847_bnono:

To bad the facts show it is correct.
No, what is "Too Bad", is that you don't know what you're talking about.
This "Team Identity" gig that you're talking about IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN Pete's insisting on Running The Ball to wear down Defenses, THAT is the reason behind Drafting Penny, and so many other Running Backs + bringing in a bunch of others for a look-see in the last week or two.
Pete KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, even if you don't.
Pete also knows that it's unfair and stupid to heap too much on Russell Wilson, or any other ONE player on either side of the ball.

sutz

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3sep8kmp said:
Niner fan reaction here:

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/12/24 ... k-17-49ers

Leave it to Pete Carroll to exploit a rule violation by the guy he is signing
Lynch’s time with the Raiders abruptly ended in 2018, when he suffered a groin injury—cruelly, against Seattle—that saw him placed on injured reserve. Lynch’s contract with Oakland expired after last season, and though he was presumed to have retired once again, the enigmatic tailback never filed his papers—which is why he is able to sign with the Seahawks so late in the season.
Even when it’s strictly a PR move, Carroll can’t help himself from exploiting self created rule violations to do something that otherwise is illegal. So now this transaction is fully explained. Petes deal with the devil requires a quota of cheating in return for ridiculous luck and bad calls, and this move added to the systemic PED and drug violations, and the convicted felon on his roster, brings his account with the devil current through christmas.

----

I got a similar reaction when I told the resident 9er SO. It's NOT CHEATING. Lynch didn't sign his retirement papers with Oakland because his contract expired. He's as much a UFA as CJ Anderson or Turbin.

So then people are snarking that they might as well get Bowman. He signed a one-day contract to retire a 49er in June so that deadline is past.
So, Pete is Belichick West. Is that what he's saying? :laugh: :rofl:

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Cyrus12":4x3kgnws said:
But will we give him the ball on the goal line for the win?
Yes. In the Super Bowl. Against New England.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm just gonna sit back and tear up a little watching Beast Mode take the field in Seahawks Blue. :snack: I immediately went to Stub Hub for tix, but was turned away at $400 bucks + per for nosebleeds. You'd think this was a big game or something, made bigger with #24 returning... Sheesh. I hope it's as fun as I'm hoping it will be! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.