Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan

Reaction score
Im stoked about it for the emotional lift. Hopefully he has a few moments in the sun again. Its possible we dont need much out of him for 3 weeks. After that we will need 10 or 20 carries out of him I think.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Lynch and our players have remained close even with him leaving to play elsewhere. They visit back and forth. Several of our players go down to Oakland to help Lynch with his camp/s every year and went down to be with him during grand opening of his store.
I suspect it's a possibility he saw what kind of trouble they are in and is making this move to have their back in whatever way he can. If that's the case he deserves all the kudos we can muster.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":2l9mjqy7 said:
What is the incentive FOR HIM to play just 1 game? What does he make on this? Like $100,000? That's small time for a pro athlete. It's not a whole season salary. I get why the team is desperate enough to do this. Is he even in football shape? The NFL doesn't work like that. You don't just take years off and come back for week 17 after years away and be in football shape. Wow. I don't even know what to say. I thought this stuff was a joke. They are really doing this?

:shock:

NFL players are COMPETITORS. You think Larry Fitzgerald or Adrian Peterson need the money? They love being in the arena, going in front of 60,000+ people screaming. There are few things like it in the world.

Is he in shape? Who knows. But he's a pro, and if he can carry the rock 10 times on Sunday night and knock some people over, it's money well spent. Marshawn knows the culture here, he knows Russ, and they're not going to give him anything fancy to learn.

Also, we're pretty much out of options.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2gk8va7l said:
Condetta said 12/12 that Lynch just showed up at VMAC to visit "friends" and Hawks had no interest in resigning him.

That was BS. You don't go to VMAC just to say hey, you go there to get evaluated. Something was probably said that incented him to work out.

That said, no matter how much both sides want Lynch to play, he's gotta pass the piss test. Popeye saw Lynch on Friday and said he looked as baked as an apple fritter. If we're talking weed, that could be a detectable into January and if he gives a sample that'll get deemed too dilute, he'll get dinged for that too.
PC going to piss for him..
The Beast shall return!

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Remember Tom Cable was Oakland's O-line coach last year.
This could have been a reason For Beast Modes decline?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
Marshawn may have had a questionable attitude when it comes to the press, and he may have been a bit disrespectful towards the coaching staff, but when the whistle blew he always gave 100%.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I heard there was a presser from Carrol at 3 PM, but nothing. Just a bunch of speculation. Makes me think, perhaps, a failed physical? Dunno. I'm iffy on this whole thing. I'm so excited about it, but my expectations are very tempered...

Reaction score
Hope they let Momma Lynch call the plays! He will probably average about 3 yards a carry. But good luck to the guy one of the all time Seahawk Greats. But his last year in Oakland was nothing spectacular at all.

minormillikin

Reaction score
If he comes back I seriously hope it's because he's ready to play. And it's not some Mariners-type nostalgia move to distract us from the horror-show on the field.

It would be pretty damn epic if he came back and made a huge impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts