Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremiah

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1gqzxxbt said:
SanDiego49er":1gqzxxbt said:
What is the incentive FOR HIM to play just 1 game? What does he make on this? Like $100,000? That's small time for a pro athlete. It's not a whole season salary. I get why the team is desperate enough to do this. Is he even in football shape? The NFL doesn't work like that. You don't just take years off and come back for week 17 after years away and be in football shape. Wow. I don't even know what to say. I thought this stuff was a joke. They are really doing this?

:shock:
You may not know this about Marshawn, but he has never spent a penny if his football salaries earned throughout his career. He's lived on endorsement money, etc. I say this because you're right, the 100 K will mean next to nothing to him.

Where does this information come from, that he has never spent his salary. I don't see how he could survive on endorsements, he had pretty much zero endorsements until 2013. I mean maybe a car lot, or a plumbing place, but nothing serious. He was a nobody until he caught on in Seattle.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
https://heavy.com/sports/2019/05/marsha ... net-worth/

2. Marshawn Lynch Allegedly Hasn’t Spent Any of the $50 Million He Made Playing Football

According to Inc.com, Lynch lives solely off of his endorsement deals and hasn’t spent a dollar of his NFL contract money.

Lynch was selected 12th overall in the 2007 NFL draft by the Buffalo Bills. He signed a five year $19 million contract and took home about $14 million before being traded to the Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks signed him to a 4 year $30 million extension prior to the 2012 season as he entered his prime. He then signed a two-year contract extension worth $24 million in 2015 before retiring after the season. When Lynch came out of retirement to sign for the Oakland Raiders he signed a two-year $9 million deal with a max of up to $16.5 million.

His total contract earnings throughout his career are upwards of $50 million dollars.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
HawaiiD":2qfd39ah said:
Remember Tom Cable was Oakland's O-line coach last year.
This could have been a reason For Beast Modes decline?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
Lynches last two years were still pretty impressive, he averaged over four yards a carry and I believe still broke a ton of tackles.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I smiled as soon as I got the notification this morning .

Yesterday was a rough day , and then waking up to all the injury news . Scary . Super Bowl hopes seemed all but lost .

Then I read Duane brown back 2-3 weeks ( important to get a bye ! )

Then Lynch coming in . We are signing him if he passes the physical . He’s in shape and ready to go , according to Pete .

Lynch helps is win a super bowl . He’s HoF bound .

quadsas

Reaction score
They have to do it. Theres no other way if he is willing. Beast will bring so much more than just the carries. Imagine the crowd on Sunday if he's out there and for the rest of playoffs

pmedic920

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":17lswzai said:
HawaiiD":17lswzai said:

Lynches last two years were still pretty impressive, he averaged over four yards a carry and I believe still broke a ton of tackles.

Go watch the video I just posted.

Several of the plays were when he was a Raider.

Not many yards but he still had the ability to make some incredible plays.

If we can just get 3-4 out of him it will be huge.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
pmedic920":16eh2lhl said:
Spin Doctor":16eh2lhl said:
HawaiiD":16eh2lhl said:

Go watch the video I just posted.

Several of the plays were when he was a Raider.

Not many yards but he still had the ability to make some incredible plays.

If we can just get 3-4 out of him it will be huge.
He didn't get nearly as many carries but he sure was a force for the Raiders. Solid statistical seasons for as many carries as he got.

evergreen

Reaction score
It is the Christmas miracle we need. If he does anything beastmode the crowd will go wild! The stage is set for some serious ass kicking for us or, real redemption. Just imagine a few good runs from him and a miracle win at home... Everyone will be writing us off... It could be Franco Harris II or awesome. Even then Franco gave us the shot we need. Damn how similar is this to 1984?!

Boycie

Reaction score
minormillikin":2klufqub said:
If he comes back I seriously hope it's because he's ready to play. And it's not some Mariners-type nostalgia move to distract us from the horror-show on the field.

It would be pretty damn epic if he came back and made a huge impact.

We’re screwed either way, so even if this is a Hail Mary then, I can’t think of anyone better than Lynch to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts