Marshawn on whether Marshawn is coming back...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Emotionally, that seems to be the fair response. After all, it seems likely we would have scored had we handed the ball to Marshawn near the goal line. Of course, there's the stats that prove that would not have been a guarantee though, so we truly will never know what the outcome would have been had they handed it off. It seems like we know the outcome but we really don't.

McG

Reaction score
Aros":1gfret2k said:
Emotionally, that seems to be the fair response. After all, it seems likely we would have scored had we handed the ball to Marshawn near the goal line. Of course, there's the stats that prove that would not have been a guarantee though, so we truly will never know what the outcome would have been had they handed it off. It seems like we know the outcome but we really don't.

Nothing in life is a guarantee other than death and taxes, but I would have bet my house on Lynch scoring in that situation. If he doesn't, then we don't deserve to win, flat out. I hate that we lost because of an intellectual pissing contest trying to be won by a guy who is a marginal OC at best and that couldn't recognize that the Pats do their fair share of "mid-week scouting". Well that and trying to pass to a guy who is a #4/5 WR in the league that hangs out with Colin Kaepernick during the offseason. Personally and I know I'm in the minority but, I still think there's a case for defensive PI that could have been called there, but the Lockette would have actually had to step up and make a real attempt on the ball.

Going to miss Beastmode, I still remember the Beastquake run did for this team and myself personally. That run is what made my wife to be at the time a Hawks fan. The man is a Seahawks legend and I'm still holding out hope that he will come back, but it's wishful thinking at this point. That cap hit for 2016 is crazy and I doubt he will be back on anything close to a discount. This one of things I hate about the NFL, players don't stick around nearly as long as the NBA or MLB, it's just too physically demanding of a game.

mrt144

Reaction score
seabowl":1dxt7ohi said:
mikehawks":1dxt7ohi said:
TMZ reporter is obviously a putz, and would laugh and worship Marshawn no matter what he said. If his/girlfriend/wife/friend/coworker/completestranger/walmartemployee said that, he would of responded differently. You kind of have to give Marshawn a free pass, because I'm sure he is a bit tired of the media to say the least.

Media and the general public should respect people's privacy.

I couldn't disagree more. It's about being a professional. What if Peyton Manning would have responded the same way? Major news story and people would be all over him. Marshawns response shouldn't be accepted or laughed at either. It's a legit question and although he's been asked every day about it he should be professional about it. One thing to say that he's all about that action but his response was pretty stupid IMO.

Rovell, is that you?

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
LMAO Marshawn definitely has a way of getting under the skin of some very conservative, old-fashioned folk around here.

kobebryant

Reaction score
seabowl":2hgfolsw said:
mikehawks":2hgfolsw said:
TMZ reporter is obviously a putz, and would laugh and worship Marshawn no matter what he said. If his/girlfriend/wife/friend/coworker/completestranger/walmartemployee said that, he would of responded differently. You kind of have to give Marshawn a free pass, because I'm sure he is a bit tired of the media to say the least.

Media and the general public should respect people's privacy.

I couldn't disagree more. It's about being a professional. What if Peyton Manning would have responded the same way? Major news story and people would be all over him.

Actually, the media does a really good job of sweeping Peyton's transgressions under the rug. He's a middle America darling.

I've heard of Cam's purchasing of a stolen laptop at Florida more times than I care to count these past two weeks. While there seems to be some vow of silence regarding Peyton's transgressions in Knoxville, which are worse than anything Cam, TO, or any other media target has done.

kobebryant

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2msxhbxr said:
LMAO Marshawn definitely has a way of getting under the skin of some very conservative, old-fashioned folk around here.

The minister from Footloose has definitely been active on the interwebs these last couple weeks.

mrt144

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2pztturp said:

Or people who really think the players owe them more than product on the field. I'm sure seabowl isn't going to lose any sleep not knowing what Beast is doing or that Beast isn't the consummate professional.but he sure likes to make it seem like this is an important thing we all should care about because some day some kid might be flippant and disrespectful or something. I don't know, maybe seabowl is somehow professional invested with Beast?

kobebryant

Reaction score
mrt144":gdunaxi7 said:
SixSeahawk":gdunaxi7 said:

Or people who really think the players owe them more than product on the field. I'm sure seabowl isn't going to lose any sleep not knowing what Beast is doing or that Beast isn't the consummate professional.but he sure likes to make it seem like this is an important thing we all should care about because some day some kid might be flippant and disrespectful or something. I don't know, maybe seabowl is somehow professional invested with Beast?

Please think of the children, good sir.

mrt144

Reaction score
kobebryant":kdophjtq said:
mrt144":kdophjtq said:
SixSeahawk":kdophjtq said:

Please think of the children, good sir.

Can only do that if I'm clutching my pearls but those went missing around the same time seabowl posted in this thread.

Mick063

Reaction score
He would have won a Super Bowl given the chance.

A real shame.