Marvez: Dan Quinn next Jets head coach

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
MJ-Celebrating-Six-Titles.gif

CHawk

Reaction score
On sports radio today they said the Jets maybe hiring a coach before a GM. You know the Seahawk way.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
would be awesome to win another superbowl next year with a new coordinator..
Seto has my vote

Cartire

Reaction score
I hope hes able to concentrate these next 3 weeks. Needs to keep his head with this team first.

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1b6tjgv8 said:
Dan and Kyle would be a decent get for NYJ on paper. If they're "assured" of getting those guys, then they can afford to wait as long as they want. I'm guessing Quinn will bring Travis Jones or a different Seahawks assistant with him to serve as the DC. So, it's really just a matter of filling out the position coaches.

The real sad thing for me is Dan Quinn knows what Percy Harvin is all about. We probably aren't getting that 4th rounder. :(

His first year is a breakfast ball. He'll hang onto him long enough to give us our pick like a good Hawk.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":rts0heg6 said:
Who cares, lets go win us a super bowl. Let all this crap happen on Feb 2nd. after we hoist the trophy.
Kinda of feel this way. I hate losing the guy but its going to happen and I'll wish him the best when it does.

brettb3

Reaction score
Cartire":1lc1j3lj said:
I hope hes able to concentrate these next 3 weeks. Needs to keep his head with this team first.
Why would you doubt that? He was just fine last year.

kmedic

Reaction score
Who are some other possibilities as our next DC besides Jones, Seto, and Morris? I've read many of the guys like ET like Quinn better than Bradley because of his aggressiveness. I think it's gonna be very important to bring in someone more similar to Quinn's 'attack' like play calling versus the conservative Bradley.

Cartire

Reaction score
brettb3":2pcyy0c7 said:
Cartire":2pcyy0c7 said:

He also didnt have another job awaiting him to finish the season last year.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Quinn is from New Jersey and he coached DL with the Jets for two years, so it makes sense. At the same time, this reporter is getting ahead of himself. Quinn interviewed with four other teams. It's possible he would choose to coach a team like Atlanta, which already has a franchise QB, over the Jets.

I'm curious to see who Carroll choose to replace Quinn. It might make sense to go with another outside hire over a dedicated position coach like Rocky Seto, who also serves as Defensive Passing Game Coordinator and was Carroll's DC at SC in 2009.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Cartire":1wf9nugd said:
brettb3":1wf9nugd said:
Cartire":1wf9nugd said:

He also didnt have another job awaiting him to finish the season last year.

That might actually be better then, because he won't be worried about trying to interview after our season.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":cmk3j5xw said:
Scottemojo":cmk3j5xw said:
Dimes to dollars we now know where Maxwell signs.

Maxwell is going to get PAID. He's the shutdown guy on any other team.

I hope so. I would love to see a 3rd round (hell even 4th round) comp pick in 2016 for Maxwell.

McGruff

Reaction score
kmedic":zixgaf4b said:
Who are some other possibilities as our next DC besides Jones, Seto, and Morris? I've read many of the guys like ET like Quinn better than Bradley because of his aggressiveness. I think it's gonna be very important to bring in someone more similar to Quinn's 'attack' like play calling versus the conservative Bradley.

Kris Richard, Seto and Jones would be the in house candidates.