Marvez: Dan Quinn next Jets head coach

The Outfield

Reaction score
McGruff":3b95xnv2 said:
kmedic":3b95xnv2 said:
Who are some other possibilities as our next DC besides Jones, Seto, and Morris? I've read many of the guys like ET like Quinn better than Bradley because of his aggressiveness. I think it's gonna be very important to bring in someone more similar to Quinn's 'attack' like play calling versus the conservative Bradley.

Kris Richard, Seto and Jones would be the in house candidates.

Of course, Quinn wasn't really an in-house guy, so I definitely wouldn't expect it to be someone already on the staff just because they know the defense.

tooshort

Reaction score
McGruff":1937arq6 said:
kmedic":1937arq6 said:
Who are some other possibilities as our next DC besides Jones, Seto, and Morris? I've read many of the guys like ET like Quinn better than Bradley because of his aggressiveness. I think it's gonna be very important to bring in someone more similar to Quinn's 'attack' like play calling versus the conservative Bradley.

I've felt that Kris would be the pick when Quinn departed since early last year, I really don't see an outside influence being brought in when the D is really just Pete's baby that someone else gets to play 'sitter for.

knownone

Reaction score
The Jets have mostly 34 personnel right? Does Quinn have any history with 34? I can see them moving Wilkerson inside and Coples to DE... but Harris, Harrison and Pace don't fit Dan's scheme or at least the Pete Carroll iteration. Obviously I may be in the minority, but this move makes almost no sense for NY. They need a player or 2 and some minor tweaks in their secondary and that defense is top 10 maybe even top 5. If you bring in Quinn you are committing to a one or two year defensive rebuild.

brettb3

Reaction score
Cartire":2cacuo5r said:
brettb3":2cacuo5r said:
Cartire":2cacuo5r said:
I hope hes able to concentrate these next 3 weeks. Needs to keep his head with this team first.
Why would you doubt that? He was just fine last year.

He also didnt have another job awaiting him to finish the season last year.
No, but he had a whole bunch of interviews. But putting all that aside, the guy's a professional. I find it strange that anyone would question his focus.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1yqi88jp said:
If the 49ers blow up their staff, Vic Fangio would be a nice fit.

We should do this just because it would be hilarious.

Threedee

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":f4xeqif9 said:
NJSeaHawk":f4xeqif9 said:
Largent80":f4xeqif9 said:
Who cares, lets go win us a super bowl. Let all this crap happen on Feb 2nd. after we hoist the trophy.

+1.

I just wanted Quinn here for the three-peat. :stirthepot:
Why only 3??

Three is historic. Anything beyond that is just for fun.

Meeker

Reaction score
He'll have some fun pieces to work with up front on that D.

McGruff

Reaction score
The Outfield":lwzq1bj6 said:
McGruff":lwzq1bj6 said:
kmedic":lwzq1bj6 said:

Of course, Quinn wasn't really an in-house guy, so I definitely wouldn't expect it to be someone already on the staff just because they know the defense.

Qiunn wasn't technically in house, but he was with the team under Carroll in the VERY recent past.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1ui9c3c1 said:
Dan and Kyle would be a decent get for NYJ on paper. If they're "assured" of getting those guys, then they can afford to wait as long as they want. I'm guessing Quinn will bring Travis Jones or a different Seahawks assistant with him to serve as the DC. So, it's really just a matter of filling out the position coaches.

The real sad thing for me is Dan Quinn knows what Percy Harvin is all about. We probably aren't getting that 4th rounder. :(
If it makes you feel any better there was almost zero chance of the Jets keeping him anyway.

Harvin is barely even an NFL - QUALITY receiver, and even then he is towards the bottom. He doesn't put up stats and he doesn't make the people around him better and he's a POS as well.

Based on what Harvin actually does on the field he is barely even worth the league-minimum.

There was NEVER any chance of us getting a 4th. Too much money for almost no production.

Cartire

Reaction score
brettb3":3t435cro said:
Cartire":3t435cro said:
brettb3":3t435cro said:
Cartire":3t435cro said:
I hope hes able to concentrate these next 3 weeks. Needs to keep his head with this team first.
Why would you doubt that? He was just fine last year.

He also didnt have another job awaiting him to finish the season last year.
No, but he had a whole bunch of interviews. But putting all that aside, the guy's a professional. I find it strange that anyone would question his focus.

Hes also human. And he just got a head coaching job, which is one of the hardest jobs to get. Hes already calling around looking for assistants.

Im not saying he's not a pro. Im not saying Im not happy for him. Im just saying I hope he remains focused for the next 3 weeks because I understand hes most likely excited to get to work at his new job.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Poor Quinn if true. two years.... ahh one and a half years.... for moron jets fans to start flying planes and buying billboards calling for Idziks head. I would want nothing to do with that job.

If/When he leaves, I believe we hire from within. Gotta just keep the train on the tracks. As has been mentioned the D is really Pete's baby. So he needs the D Coordinator to help take it the extra step. And then im sure this guy will be getting interviewed for HC jobs in 2 years time.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

AVL

Reaction score
He's from Jersey. What could go wrong?

I hope he gets a nice contract for himself and underlings.