Max $$$ for Russ...what's your number?

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think he gets 18 m per year in a deal completely opposite of Kaepernick.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Cartire":1q8h8rtm said:
Sherminator":1q8h8rtm said:
I think Wilson will be the beginning of the 23+ mil per year QB.
The man totally deserves it and has to get significantly more than recent QB contracts signed (Kaep and Cutler).
You don't let QBs of this potential/talent level get away, I liked the idea of a blank check.

This sounds more like you like the idea of a team crippled in salary cap hell.......

Not at all, I'm not claiming that it will cripple the Hawks. Wilson has proven that he makes his WR better. You guys won the SB without a superstar at WR, I'm quite impressed at what Wilson is able to do with such little help (offensive line, and WR/TE core)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
lukerguy":1oiqcz4n said:
ImTheScientist":1oiqcz4n said:
He will get top dollar and deserves it. Only a crazy person would let the best young QB in the game walk.

I don't think the Colts are going to let Luck walk.
If you define "best" as "The QB that throws picks early on without being pressured then steps it up and comes back more often than not after making boneheaded mistakes every other game", then sure.

tooshort

Reaction score
lifetime contract with the ability to opt out at anytime for both parties. 50 million fully guaranteed, 17 million guaranteed each year at the start of training camp with a yearly 5 million escalator for a playoff berth and 5 million for a Superbowl win.

rideaducati

Reaction score
He'll be the highest paid QB in the NFL for a year or two, but it won't matter because the salary cap will be increasing so much that his salary will become a bargain in a couple years.

This team will be able to stay together better than any team in the salary cap era. Does everyone realize how awesome it is that this team is where it is AND the salary cap is increasing at an alarming rate at the same time. Talk about PERFECT timing.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Priscoe put an article out there yesterday naming RW & Beast as two of the most over valued players in the league.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I had a dream last night that included seeing Russell on TV in a BILLS UNIFORM. I can't describe the sickening feeling without a lengthy interpretive dance and a bucket of pig's blood.

I also dreamt that I floated effortlessly to the moon on a homemade jet pack constructed from lawn furniture, so...

In addition to wondering WTH was in the chili I ate last night, I think the two above scenarios are equally likely. Pay da man. (next year, of course)

tooshort":ogy4pqj5 said:
lifetime contract with the ability to opt out at anytime for both parties. 50 million fully guaranteed, 17 million guaranteed each year at the start of training camp with a yearly 5 million escalator for a playoff berth and 5 million for a Superbowl win.
This actually sounds pretty awesome.

kpak76

Reaction score
1. It's stupid to expect anyone to take a discount for their job, especially if they are good at it. It's also insulting to him for even suggesting it tbo.

2. It's not your money, and you don't manage the salary cap. So stop worrying like it is your money or that you are the one running the numbers for the team. Just enjoy the ride we are just beginning on.

3. If the team tanks because of 1 contract that is not the fault of the person with the contract. That would be up to JS and PC to find the talent around RW to have that lasting dynasty. Having 3 of the best DB's at their position signed for the next 4 years makes building this team a lot easier.

4. See point 1.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson deserves to get paid for his past performance as well as the future. To guess what he, his agent and FO will agree upon is just that....a guess. We all agree that the Hawks are a solid team and would be ideal for any quarterback to lead into the future. Russ has had his success, as all SEAHAWKS, because of the organization around them. IMO all players are aware of the value of the whole and Russell is all in on this aspect. RW will be willing to give up the highest paid quarterback to keep the team going in the right direction, his agent, probably not so giving. I can't see any problem if he doesn't get a record breaking deal and I don't think RW does either!

Sherminator

Reaction score
tooshort":140opfcm said:

So you think he should get paid right around what Kaep is making?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I often wonder how much Russell makes for his Microsoft Surface endorsement. I mean could Allen literally pay him "extra" through that and keep him reasonable with the cap(football contract)?
Could they get away with that? It would be a sneaky way to get Russ the money he deserves without killing the Team.
:stirthepot:

Sac

Reaction score
gusevejy.jpg

Cartire

Reaction score
kpak76":tse6ets5 said:
1. It's stupid to expect anyone to take a discount for their job, especially if they are good at it. It's also insulting to him for even suggesting it tbo.

2. It's not your money, and you don't manage the salary cap. So stop worrying like it is your money or that you are the one running the numbers for the team. Just enjoy the ride we are just beginning on.

3. If the team tanks because of 1 contract that is not the fault of the person with the contract. That would be up to JS and PC to find the talent around RW to have that lasting dynasty. Having 3 of the best DB's at their position signed for the next 4 years makes building this team a lot easier.

4. See point 1.

Got it.

Everyone shut up and stop discussing anything...

What do you think this is? A discussion board?

A

Anonymous

kpak76":rhja9xh4 said:

4. See point 1.

How silly of us to discuss this topic.

Thank you for the attitude adjustment.

:roll:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3kmwib0n said:
I often wonder how much Russell makes for his Microsoft Surface endorsement. I mean could Allen literally pay him "extra" through that and keep him reasonable with the cap(football contract)?
Could they get away with that? It would be a sneaky way to get Russ the money he deserves without killing the Team.
:stirthepot:
I have already seen Niner fans saying that very thing.

kpak76

Reaction score
Cartire":3d3l58si said:
kpak76":3d3l58si said:

4. See point 1.

Got it.

Think of it this way, how would you like it if someone on a message board was talking about how you should take a discount for your work? Will that thrill you?

Anyways at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you or I think, the Hawks will do what they will do.

Sherminator

Reaction score
kpak76":qu7bidzd said:
Cartire":qu7bidzd said:
kpak76":qu7bidzd said:

4. See point 1.

Got it.

Think of it this way, how would you like it if someone on a message board was talking about how you should take a discount for your work? Will that thrill you?

Anyways at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you or I think, the Hawks will do what they will do.

Lol, Wilson has other media outlets he should worry about before this one. Besides if I was in line to make upwards of 18 million a year I honestly wouldn't care what anybody says.

But that last part, he is right guys. Time to shut down all sports forums on the internet

Latest posts