Max $$$ for Russ...what's your number?

Cartire

Reaction score
kpak76":3nzbh2uu said:
Cartire":3nzbh2uu said:
kpak76":3nzbh2uu said:
1. It's stupid to expect anyone to take a discount for their job, especially if they are good at it. It's also insulting to him for even suggesting it tbo.

2. It's not your money, and you don't manage the salary cap. So stop worrying like it is your money or that you are the one running the numbers for the team. Just enjoy the ride we are just beginning on.

3. If the team tanks because of 1 contract that is not the fault of the person with the contract. That would be up to JS and PC to find the talent around RW to have that lasting dynasty. Having 3 of the best DB's at their position signed for the next 4 years makes building this team a lot easier.

4. See point 1.

Got it.

Everyone shut up and stop discussing anything...

What do you think this is? A discussion board?

Think of it this way, how would you like it if someone on a message board was talking about how you should take a discount for your work? Will that thrill you?

Anyways at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you or I think, the Hawks will do what they will do.

Horrible comparison. You are awarded no points. And may god have mercy on your soul.

Sherminator

Reaction score
Cartire":nxvrnqwn said:
kpak76":nxvrnqwn said:
Cartire":nxvrnqwn said:
kpak76":nxvrnqwn said:
1. It's stupid to expect anyone to take a discount for their job, especially if they are good at it. It's also insulting to him for even suggesting it tbo.

2. It's not your money, and you don't manage the salary cap. So stop worrying like it is your money or that you are the one running the numbers for the team. Just enjoy the ride we are just beginning on.

3. If the team tanks because of 1 contract that is not the fault of the person with the contract. That would be up to JS and PC to find the talent around RW to have that lasting dynasty. Having 3 of the best DB's at their position signed for the next 4 years makes building this team a lot easier.

4. See point 1.

Got it.

Everyone shut up and stop discussing anything...

What do you think this is? A discussion board?

Think of it this way, how would you like it if someone on a message board was talking about how you should take a discount for your work? Will that thrill you?

Anyways at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you or I think, the Hawks will do what they will do.

Horrible comparison. You are awarded no points. And may god have mercy on your soul.

Hahahahah,
Everyone on this forum is now stupider for reading that.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawkWow":ssyuhclf said:
Like all of us, I certainly want Wilson back on this team in '16 (and beyond), but I am less certain this team requires a "25 million dollar QB" to win championships. I am hopeful Russ will want to keep the team healthy and settle for a deal that will allow that to happen, but with aspirations as lofty as owning his own team, a discount may be unlikely. I don't think this RW thing is the no-brainer most believe it to be. I believe JS really has his work cut out for him.

As important (and popular) as RW is, if he seeks a 5 year, 125 mil deal, I am not certain he will get that out of JS. That's like Avril, Bennett and Thomas combined and more than any single (no pun intended) football player deserves, or needs, especially when endorsements (and a 3rd contract at 30 are factored in). Wilson could easily make 50 mil per while only hitting us for 20, which I think should be our max, unless he is willing to sign an 8 year deal for like $180.

Two questions:

A) How much would be too much to give RW in your educated opinion?
B) Will this thread surrender to the somewhat predictable cries of blasphemy, you hater!...you give RW whatever the **** he wants...you're a dead man, Hawkwow!?

I will be entertained either way.

well now that the comedy part of this thread is over, RW will get what he deserves being the best young QB in the league and a top 5 QB at that, you may not think we need a "25 M QB", but if that is the going rate for a top QB then we do need one. Without RW we do not get to the SB. So he will get what he deserves based on the market. My opinion it will be between 18-20 mil. Not even sure were your 25 mil came form as no QB is making that....yet.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Cartire":36bd3q23 said:
Honestly, ill get flak for this. But the 49ers and Kaep just set the bar for team friendly contracts that still pay for production.

Im hoping that finally, teams and players alike agree that its too toxic to get into the $20 mil range without deescalaters. I think Colins contract was a win for both sides, kinda. If Colin plays as well as he thinks he can, he'll make a load of cash. If he craps out, he'll be out without to heavy of a burden on his team. And both scenarios allow for more team building. Im really hoping Russell follows this route.

EDIT: forgot to answer the question. I "think" he will allow team friendly, and we'll see $16-18 mil/yr range with production. Im hoping this is what we get, I think this is what we will get. I think JS and PC are to invested in this team to sell them off. I really want this to be what happens.

RW will not and should not sign that deal, Kap has huge questions about him RW has none. Do I think it will be 25 mil, no but it will be 18-20 and there will be a lot less performance orientated money, as RW has already proven himself.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Cartire":1lsdjxuv said:
Sherminator":1lsdjxuv said:
I think Wilson will be the beginning of the 23+ mil per year QB.
The man totally deserves it and has to get significantly more than recent QB contracts signed (Kaep and Cutler).
You don't let QBs of this potential/talent level get away, I liked the idea of a blank check.

This sounds more like you like the idea of a team crippled in salary cap hell.......

how do you figure that by the time we signed Rw 23 mil would be almost nothing the cap is expected to go up to close to 150-mil next year,, and we are under now, and it will go up every year after. Le me put it another way 88% of the teams that won an SB had a franchise QB. The Pats are in the running every year, as is GB and they have QBs making huge money, that when they signed their huge deals made up over 15% of the cap, and yet they do it. The reality is without a franchise QB you might make it once but you will not be in the running every year. NO team that won an SB without a franchise QB were in the running the following year. NONE. Any deal can be structured to make it friendly enough for a team. IF they want to sing him to 23 mil a year on a 7 year extension, that would really equate to only 19.8 mil a year, Remember he still has 1 year left that will only pay 1 mil, so it is really 6 years at 23 mil plus the 1 year at 1 mil but the cap hit can still be spread out through out the whole 7 years. and as the cap goes up the hit as a percentage goes down. So no crippling involved.

Anthony!

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1hhrersb said:
Priscoe put an article out there yesterday naming RW & Beast as two of the most over valued players in the league.

Actually he did not he said Unger and then said he could have said RW and Beast but please remember Prisco is anti Hawks and has been hoping for RW to fail for since he was drafted. The fact speak for themselves with RW he has set records, and done it behind the worse pass blocking o-line in the league. Prisco is a joke and always has been, the fact he said it was Unger but had to add the jab at Rw says it all.

kearly

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1a0lmogn said:
gusevejy.jpg

I almost posted this exact same thing.

Subzero717

Reaction score
In honor of the greatest fans on the face of the planet Russel Wilson signs a 12 year deal paying him 12 million a year with a 12 million dollar signing bonus.

:cool:

Subzero717

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2yjl3mlt said:
In honor of the greatest fans on the face of the planet Russel Wilson signs a 12 year deal paying him 12 million a year with a 12 million dollar signing bonus.

:cool:

Anyway in all seriousness. Whatever he wants. I fully expect him to be the highest paid player in the league, if only for five minutes after he signs his next contract.

hawk45

Reaction score
He can garner the richest contract of all NFL QBs and it's still look like a good deal a year later when the cap number rises and some douche like Cutler gets more.

I'm serene about it because just like all the other signings JS will get Russ for an amount they're both happy with, and in time we'll all say wow, that wasn't so bad. Heck we might even say that the day it's signed.

Russ knows what he's worth and so does Schneider, and I will bet they both have similar numbers in their head.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
22-25 per year in guaranteed $ over 6-7 years. Three years later we'll all consider it a bargain based on his play and the team's success.
His 3rd contract may well break the 30 per average but will be for like 3-4 years.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The max would be a number that handicaps the team to the point they cannot keep anyone, even with cap increases.

That said.. his final deal won't be close to that number.. it will be fair and market value for a franchise QB with a Super Bowl ring, who has a very realistic opportunity to win a second ring before he's eligible for a new deal.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":pphyzj86 said:
I often wonder how much Russell makes for his Microsoft Surface endorsement. I mean could Allen literally pay him "extra" through that and keep him reasonable with the cap(football contract)?
Could they get away with that? It would be a sneaky way to get Russ the money he deserves without killing the Team.
:stirthepot:

I'm not sure about the rules in your scenario, or how it would be policed.
Great plan IMO.

15 mil a year for 5 yrs.

2 MS adds a year @ 6 mil each
= 27 mil a yr.
Cap don't feel a thing.

Anthony!

Reaction score
pmedic920":8y7armyv said:
Seahwkgal":8y7armyv said:
I often wonder how much Russell makes for his Microsoft Surface endorsement. I mean could Allen literally pay him "extra" through that and keep him reasonable with the cap(football contract)?
Could they get away with that? It would be a sneaky way to get Russ the money he deserves without killing the Team.

Great plan IMO.

15 mil a year for 5 yrs.

= 27 mil a yr.
Cap don't feel a thing.

well for one the endorsements have no baring on his contract, and It would be illegal for them to be part of any deal the NFL would go nuts. next the 15 mil a year thing, yeah not going to happen like I said you are looking at 18-20 which while it would not make him the highest paid it would be top 5, well at least for a little while.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anthony!":3e26sbr2 said:
pmedic920":3e26sbr2 said:
Seahwkgal":3e26sbr2 said:

Great plan IMO.

15 mil a year for 5 yrs.

= 27 mil a yr.
Cap don't feel a thing.

well for one the endorsements have no baring on his contract, and It would be illegal for them to be part of any deal the NFL would go nuts. next the 15 mil a year thing, yeah not going to happen like I said you are looking at 18-20 which while it would not make him the highest paid it would be top 5, well at least for a little while.

Was tongue in cheek. Did you miss the post I quoted?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If we want to keep winning Super Bowls I don't think we can pay the guy the most or even close..Look at the Ravens..I know the cap gets higher but that evens out the same as all spots get paid more ..He is a good qb but defense is what wins the titles,that has been proven over and over..Simple game managers have won Super Bowls Dilfer,a young Ben ect
so get mad when I say I'd rather have a great defense and offensive line before I pour a ton of money into a qb..If he's this smart,great team guy..He will take 12-15 million per for 5 yrs ...Not one qb is worth 20 million or more ..No matter how you want to justify it..I could care less what Kap makes..It hurts the 49ers more than anything-why should we copy that..

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":qepbnmoy said:
If we want to keep winning Super Bowls I don't think we can pay the guy the most or even close..Look at the Ravens..I know the cap gets higher but that evens out the same as all spots get paid more ..He is a good qb but defense is what wins the titles,that has been proven over and over..Simple game managers have won Super Bowls Dilfer,a young Ben ect
so get mad when I say I'd rather have a great defense and offensive line before I pour a ton of money into a qb..If he's this smart,great team guy..He will take 12-15 million per for 5 yrs ...Not one qb is worth 20 million or more ..No matter how you want to justify it..I could care less what Kap makes..It hurts the 49ers more than anything-why should we copy that..
Russell IS NOT a game manger!!! :pukeface: :229031_banghead:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I never said he was..I used the term that others were and won Super Bowls..I know RW is more than just a game manager.I just don't think any qb is worth killing chances of going to Super Bowls ..(like the Ravens)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":fju714hi said:
I never said he was..I used the term that others were and won Super Bowls..I know RW is more than just a game manager.I just don't think any qb is worth killing chances of going to Super Bowls ..(like the Ravens)
Ok. I get what you mean. Sorry about the over reaction. I guess the amount of times I have read about Russ being a game manager is getting to me. My bad. :oops:

Latest posts