Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd be OK if Unger wasn't involved, he's our best O-lineman and we already lost Carp...........on an already average offensive line?

Yikes.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Our offensive line just got much weaker and given Bevell's inability to consistently utilize a tight end we just tied up $10 million/year on a player who will catch 50 passes a season max.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":20d38xzo said:
Why the 1st as well?

Meh, I need to digest this.
Yep. A lot to weigh. Not too worried at losing the 31st pick which is pretty much a second rounder.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2txy4z2w said:
My concern is that we don't really know how to use a TE in the first place. Maybe his height would help Russ in the pocket, but beyond that I'm not confident after seeing Zach Miller go from a 60 catch TE to a 33 catch TE after getting here with Bevell at the helm.

Exactly.

Jville

Reaction score
Gee Wiz ..... I was certainly way off with my expectation that they would have a quiet first week. This is certainly different than how the 2014 free agency started.

Mojambo

Reaction score
At least there's finally something to talk about.

I wonder how much his jawing with Irvin before the play-off game is coloring people's opinions on him.

He's our douchebag now. But he is a DYNAMIC douchebag.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Holy sh*t.

My first two questions: what's Graham's contract ( I trust JS to already have the cap room worked out), and how are they going to use him ? Can or will he block ?

Everything else works.

Red zone threat: check
Wilson safety valve: check
Taller jump baller: check.
Skill player mismatch: check

We have a new show in Portland, that has Cam Cleeland on it (former Husky TE and played 9 years in the NFL). He's saying he's going to be standing up in the slot most of the time and won't have his hand in the ground. Just an opinion, but one from a former NFL TE.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Well I'll be....

I like the idea of adding a weapon like Graham, although I'm not sure we'll use him effectively, but what in the hell is the plan for the OL? I've always felt Unger was a bit overrated, but...

Wow.

I mean, like, wow. Did I say we'd be standing pat on the FA front? I guess I was right (whatever) but once again Schneider shocks everybody with a trade.

Wow.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like his talent, but I'd rather not have just sent Unger packing without a viable replacement. Our offense was just better when he was out there.

Of course it's still very early. Free Agency hasn't even technically began yet. Hopefully this deal doesn't bite us. We can use the receiving threat, and hopefully fill the hole left at center. Our backups are serviceable, but we need better than serviceable on that Oline