Max Unger and 1st for Jimmy Graham and 4th round pick

Jiggy

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1vw0p91y said:
Our offensive line just got much weaker and given Bevell's inability to consistently utilize a tight end we just tied up $10 million/year on a player who will catch 50 passes a season max.

I think you're being pretty generous with that number. I absolutely HATE this trade.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Suspect Seattle did not see much in the first round they were giving up. I think it's a good trade and fills a gap. Hopefully, Unger leaving does not make a larger gap. I have to digest this but I think this is a net plus for Seattle.

Largent80

Reaction score
Who would we have taken with #31?

We are set at RB......WR and OL is all thats left and we have 10 picks left.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Thanks. My eyes hurt. I was looking at a vikes board.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2uxeqyhf said:
CAP GUYS: can we afford this?

We can, or they wouldn't have pulled the trigger. There is always the option to rework the contract as we aren't on the hook for his previous signing bonus.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I'm pumped and jacked about this deal. Elite target for Russell. No more of Unger bad snaps!

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/575383407284387840[/tweet]

A little late for second-guesses. Now that we have our big target, its easy to understand why they let Zach go so easily. They wanted to go TE...missed on Julius Thomas, and didn't like any of the prospects in the draft at TE. So here's to team Schnedier for havin big un's.

AVL

Reaction score
Call him a receiver, sounds like only one year is guaranteed. OK .Maybe he can adjust.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":34i2pgpo said:
Clearly Graham is a great player and you have to give up something to get him,

but Max AND our 1st rounder?

Well, basically gave up Unger and 78 spots in the draft (assuming that NO's 4th round pick is the 13th in the round). Traded the 31st pick for the 109th pick.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
What an awesome trade! I didn't see this coming but always expect the unexpected

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3hqzqqx7 said:
I like his talent, but I'd rather not have just sent Unger packing without a viable replacement. Our offense was just better when he was out there.

It was, yup. But out of the 6 years we had him, he only had a full season twice. He missed 13 games in the past two years. I'd be willing to take a downgrade a little at the center spot if it would give us a more reliable presence there.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I absolutely love it. Center is the most replaceable piece of the Oline and we did fine last year when he was out. We had zero red zone threats and no serious go to receiver. Graham checks off every question and finally gives Wilson an elite option in the passing game which they had to do at some point. You weren't going to get anyone like Graham at 31.

Great move by JS!

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, really smart move actually.

We obviously wanted one of the top TE's and we were pushing hard to get Thomas but with this move we actually end up paying Less against the cap for a Better player!!!

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Amazing get, but this also confirms that K Wilson is now an after thought bust

Latest posts