Maxwell starting Cb next year

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
I know this is a little premature but watching maxwell play yesterday really impressed me.I want to see how he does on the road against some good receivers of the niners and the giants but what if he does good the next couple of weeks. Could we be seeing the growth of our next starting cb. I mean Browner and Thurmond are free agents next season and considering that browner is a 31 year old corner and Thurmond hasn't necessarily made smart decisions lately to seal his place in that spot we could be seeing maxwell make a move to seal his place in the starting 11. Lets not forget that Sherman became the starter after Thurmond got injured and Sherman never looked back from then.What do ya think?

Jville

Reaction score
1-0 ....... thats this years theme.

w00t

Reaction score
He was a beast vs the saints. He was definitely showcasing his talents yesterday.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
Before jumping the gun, can we see him play on the road against better WR's? Colston looked invisible for the Saints, and KJ Wright played very well. But I would like to see Maxwell on the road 3-4 times to give a decission.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Not to brag, but while a lot of people were panicking about the loss of Browner and Thurmond, I totally predicted that Maxwell would play well against the Saints. Okay, I did mean to brag.

I also think he's our future CB...but you just never know with Pete and John.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I can see Maxwell as a starting corner next year. Like I said, I was the one who doubted Lane and Maxwell. But Maxwell gets my nod to start if Thurmond and Browner does not come back.

chris98251

Reaction score
Simon, Lane, Maxwell, Shead, Maragos, Johnson, Thurmond, Browner, Schnieder and Pete will have some decisions to make. Maxwell is making a great carrot for a trade for picks or a hole to fill, Lane also looked good, Thurmond and Browner opening to FA, if we want to resign both and that could happen with the recent smudges on their careers. Shead they kept around for a reason and Johnson and Maragos are decisions going forward depending on how Schead is rated. Simon is being hidden and all indications are he has the upside that could make a big impact.

A bounty of riches, but like the Monkey and the cookie jar you can't hold on to them all and expect freedom to persue other things.

OP
OP
D

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
It's a great opportunity for maxwell, and if him and lane do good the front office can let browner and Thurmond go with more ease in the offseason.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Where y'all not watching when Maxwell has played earlier this year? When Browner was out before he played outside and Thurmond played inside.

I don't think it's even going out on a limb to thing that Maxwell has an inside shot at starting for this team at some point. Not at all.

Sac

Reaction score
Wasn't Maxwell ahead of Sherman on the depth chart their rookie year but got bumped for injury?

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
I do not care if Browner comes back, I like Thurmond in the slot. Browner is gone next year. This year if he can play he give the team better depth out side of that team looks better with him gone. Much like the hawks look a lot better without Rice falling over and dropping the ball every play.

Still miss those post, you guys don't seem to understand rice gets double covered every play!!!! You guys will miss him when he is gone just wait and see!!!!! Point is don't get attached to players when there hurting the team and are already replaced.

kobebryant

Reaction score
He certainly fits the mold, doesn't he?

6'1ish, long arms, good tackler, a little cocky,smooth hips, locates and plays the ball, times his jump, good deep speed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He could start I'm sure, but Thurmond is still a better corner. If we get Walter on a deal because of this recent suspension, he'll be coming back.

Then it will be business as usual: Thurmond on the outside, sliding inside to slot when in 3 wide formations.

We'll have Simon working to get playing time and experience, and Shead is the wildcard. He projects as a Safety but the cupboard is full there, so they might think he can play either.

Going to be interesting to see who we can keep. These guys getting this much playing time is exposing their talents to other teams.

Domseahawks

Reaction score
I see a scenario of browner being brought back on a 2 year deal, his value has plummeted with this case being brought up, i see WT3 probably heading to the jags or someone else.. Great to see how much maxwell has improved and lane has great potential in the slot. I say draft a corner in the mid to late rounds to compete, we don't know what we have in simon yet so there is a ton of potential at corner at the moment.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Maxwell held up pretty well in this game, but he is no Thurmond. He was late getting to the sideline pass and had the receiver turned just a microsecond earlier that would have been a TD. Very risky and unsound way to play the sideline. He came up smelling like roses, so he gets a pass for now.