Maybe this is the real spark, we've been

niveky

Reaction score
waiting for all season from this team..I know, 8-2 and just beat the 49'ers...but this was a signature win..I don't really feel they have had one of those this year. Not in this fashion.

Clowney lifted the whole defense up tonight instead of just being a solo force. Yes, there were all the drops on the int's..there were some near misses that cost the game when they needed to make plays the most, it was an incomplete effort, but for much of the game it was pretty dominant in plenty of aspects. Diggs stepped up in his first start and joined Clowney. It seemed like the D as a whole played with a physicality that has not really been there overall for them as a defensive unit. I know that division games tend to be that way but this is quite a glimpse of what this defense could tune itself into by the end of the season with this same type of effort week in and out to close out the season.

This was a really weird game offensively, but the 9'ers have a legit d and there were some really boneheaded moments by Ifedi that were very costly, Wilson maybe tried to force his magic a little more at the end but he mostly gave them what they needed to at least stay in the game and have a chance. You hate to see that interception, but I mean only 2 all year and over his whole career he only has like 65 interceptions and I think over double the touchdowns to that and again with the fumble all I gotta say again is Ifedi.

Gordon made money catches with still a lot to learn and a lot of chemistry to find with Wilson.

I mentioned in a gameday thread that Diggs and Hollister are probably going to end up being pivotal mid season pickups, without whom, what happened tonight would not have been possible and I feel like will contribute to the team's success the rest of the season.