Mayweather vs pacquiao finally happening

Largent80

Reaction score
Once again, the golden age of boxing ended in the 80's. Great bouts and all were free on TV.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Tical21":1boze91f said:
I disagree on many levels. I'm guessing you have never seen any of the Pacquiao-Marquez fights.

Great sports betting day tomorrow :D

First the derby, then spurs/clipps game 7, and then Pacman vs Mayweather.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Maybe it was better that my comcast was out and didn't spend $100, found a way to listen to it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":38a1evcz said:
JSeahawks":38a1evcz said:
May toyed with him.

Sure did

Yeah if you guys call toying with him running more than Usain Bolt. Garbage fight that should've happened 7 years ago, except Mayweather was too scared.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Typical Mayweather fight and he won it in typical fashion. Definitely not worth the 100 and glad I didn't have to pay it.

Manny said he thought he won, but Floyd like...

[vine]e7Vv6e3LBED[/vine]

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3cb59o6v said:
Typical Mayweather fight and he won it in typical fashion. Definitely not worth the 100 and glad I didn't have to pay it.

Manny said he thought he won, but Floyd like...

[vine]e7Vv6e3LBED[/vine]

That was the most awkward postfight interview. I was like..."Manny..wtf are you saying?"

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BCampbellESPN/status/594730135527493632[/tweet]

Anyone see Denzel Washington? :lol:

900x900px-LL-43e0e516_image.jpeg

Tical21

Reaction score
Two things became glaringly evident tonight.

1. A quality, volume puncher would carve Mayweather up.

Mayweather had no answer tonight when Manny got him cornered or they got into heated exchanges. He just doesn't have the punching power to do anything but run.

2. Manny Pacquiao is no longer a quality, volume puncher. As basically a career-long Pacquiao fan, tonight was extremely sad. I never thought I would see a day where Manny didn't throw punches. When he threw, he won the exchanges, but he just doesn't have the juice to throw anymore. I yelled at my tv at least 30 times begging Manny to throw. Mayweather would run and run, and then Manny would catch up, get Floyd in tight, and then still didn't throw punches.

It became glaringly obvious why Mayweather waited until Manny was over the hill to take this fight. Manny in his prime is the exact fighter that is tailor-made to be the kryptonite to Mayweather. Even 2-3 years ago Manny dominates this matchup.

Manny landed 8 of the 10 hardest punches in this fight. Just got pointed to death off the jab.

knownone

Reaction score
Honestly, not even Pacman in his prime could beat Floyd. Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, 3 inches in height, equal speed and arguably the best defense in the game. I just don't see how "volume and speed" can beat that.
I hate to say it... Floyd has hand picked his way to best P4P maybe ever.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
knownone":wa1gw24l said:
Honestly, not even Pacman in his prime could beat Floyd. Floyd has a 5 inch reach advantage, 3 inches in height, equal speed and arguably the best defense in the game. I just don't see how "volume and speed" can beat that.

It became glaringly obvious why Mayweather waited until Manny was over the hill to take this fight. Manny in his prime is the exact fighter that is tailor-made to be the kryptonite to Mayweather. Even 2-3 years ago Manny dominates this matchup.

Tical naied it

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Pacquiao could have fought Floyd earlier in Pacquiao's prime. Had Pacquiao agreed to be tested. He didn't because he knew he would fail the test and his secret would be out. Both Pacquiao and Mayweather are morons. Neither deserves to win anything.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score

knownone

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2uefkh5f said:
knownone":2uefkh5f said:

Tical naied it
How is Manny tailor-made? What are you basing this on? What volume puncher has really taken it to Mayweather?
Hate to say it man... Tical is wrong, even when Manny threw punches he wasn't landing, it looked impressive, but none of them landed.
Mayweather had no answer tonight when Manny got him cornered or they got into heated exchanges. He just doesn't have the punching power to do anything but run.
Ironically, Mayweather landed more punches against the ropes and cornered than Pacquiao... I would posit that Mayweather did have the answer last night.

Manny landed 8 of the 10 hardest punches in this fight. Just got pointed to death off the jab.
This his opinion, the actual stat for power punches Mayweather - 81 of 168, Pacman - 63 of 236

In his last 3 fights Pacman averaged 750 punches. Tonight? 430 he literally landed half as many punches as Mayweather. So the argument that Pacman is just past his prime and can't throw the same volume is laughable he threw his normal volume 4 months earlier and a few months earlier than that. Seriously, to say Pacman would have dominated this fight 2-3 years ago is absolutely ridiculous.
He couldn't pull off his volume punching style because Floyd moved, rolled and clinched his way out of it, not because Pacman was to scared or to old to throw. That's just what Floyd does.