Mayweather vs pacquiao finally happening

Largent80

Reaction score
The joke is on every single person that paid to watch this....Hahahaha, y'all must feel like jabroni's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All the people complaining that the fight sucked don't watch boxing, because what we saw Saturday night IS the state of boxing. A bunch of smart technical fighters that are too savvy to take risks with their career or health. They know they're gonna get paid the same either way, so why brawl and risk getting knocked out and sustain brain injuries?

That's what the flyweights did, that's what Mayweather did, and it's why the Klitscho's have ruined the heavyweight division.............and specific to Saturday's fight it's why Pacquiao didn't go for broke after the 7th or 8th round taking risks to go after Mayweather harder. His check was already cashed.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
All over facebook and twitter people are crying about what a boring and horrible fight it was......If you had any idea about Mayweather you would have known what you are in for. He is the greatest boring boxer....if that makes sense.

Boxing obviously isn't what it used to be, but if you want a glimpse of some good boxers, check out Gennady Golovkin, Terrance Crawford, and Danny Garcia. Those three always put on a good show when I watch.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Mayweather didn't win are nuts and have never watched Mayweather fight.

The guy outside the ring is a horrible, horrible person -- inside the ring, he's amazingly technical and thought out fighter. Clear victory.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2d6fu5re said:
All over facebook and twitter people are crying about what a boring and horrible fight it was......If you had any idea about Mayweather you would have known what you are in for.
Nobody knew what they were in for because no one watches boxing anymore. And this fight did nothing to change that. The PPV numbers were huge, but you can bet your ass that the average person isn't gonna shell out $100 again to watch a fight when what was hyped up as the "fight of the century" wasn't even the most entertaining fight of the night. This fight killed any potential resurgence of mainstream interest in the sport.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SonicHawk":132anmbk said:
Anyone who thinks Mayweather didn't win are nuts and have never watched Mayweather fight.

The guy outside the ring is a horrible, horrible person -- inside the ring, he's amazingly technical and thought out fighter. Clear victory.
He won alright, but the way he won is what is driving people nuts. He looked more battered and bruised than Manny, yet he still won. Why? Because of a flawed point system. Floyd Mayweather landed more punches than Manny, but most of them looked like love taps. That will win you a fight, because it matters how many punches you land. Whenever Manny would start his assault he would clinch him. I think he abused the clinching far too much, I counted 14 times in the first round alone that he clinched.

Yes, Mayweather won, but the way he did it was unsatisfying, and very cheap feeling. This is more a testament to how the scoring system is flawed.

I will say this: Mayweather has great footwork and is very hard to hit. I just wish he wouldn't win fights by clinching, and hugging, with little taps that clearly only there to gain points.

knownone

Reaction score
I think what drives people nuts is a lack of boxing knowledge. People who rarely if ever watch boxing, saw all the hype over the last 5 years and bought into the media driven narrative that this was the fight of the decade. They bought into the narrative that the so called "People Champ" Manny Pacquiao was the only guy who could beat the "Evil" Floyd Mayweather.

Now reality has struck those who were previously naive to Floyd Mayweather. Floyd did what Floyd has always done, he doesn't take risks, he puts himself in the best position to use his unique skill set. Most people who follow boxing know this, the onus was on Manny Pacquiao to push the pace of the fight and force Mayweather into a position he's not comfortable with. Manny couldn't, he was to small and to limited offensively to do anything to Mayweather. Mayweather unequivocally exposed Manny's limited tool set and it shouldn't come as a surprise to people. The fight was boring, not because of Floyd but because Manny wasn't good enough to really test Floyd. It sucks, but that's boxing.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
knownone":2tc5n7a2 said:
Now reality has struck those who were previously naive to Floyd Mayweather. Floyd did what Floyd has always done, he doesn't take risks, he puts himself in the best position to use his unique skill set. Most people who follow boxing know this, the onus was on Manny Pacquiao to push the pace of the fight and force Mayweather into a position he's not comfortable with. Manny couldn't, he was to small and to limited offensively to do anything to Mayweather. Mayweather unequivocally exposed Manny's limited tool set and it shouldn't come as a surprise to people. The fight was boring, not because of Floyd but because Manny wasn't good enough to really test Floyd. It sucks, but that's boxing.

The rock clap clap gif

I agree with every word you said here. I'm not goona act like I watch boxing all the time, but I've watched every Mayweather & Pacquiao fight in like the last few years, so I kinda knew what to expect, and I find it funny people out here blaming Mayweather or the scoring system for a bad fight... but Pac couldn't do anything to stop Mayweather from running or whatever you want to blame him for that made the fight boring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mayweather said he'd fight Pacquiao again in a year. No shit, who wouldn't want to make another 100 million for dancing around for 12 rounds?

I think boxing had it's chance Saturday night to reignite some sort of interest in the sport, and failed miserably. I don't know anybody who'd pay to watch those two fight again, even for a much lower PPV cost.

Latest posts