METCALF

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
People who wanted him traded just didn't like the guy. Not a good enough reason. You don't trade guys with his rare skill set.
Exactly. They ignore the numbers and production because they hate his assertiveness

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
Hold on guys...that wasn't my reasoning at all. AT THE TIME of my post; with Russ gone and the QB situtation unknown, it felt like a rebuild and sort of still is. I figured with Metcalf's talent, it was probably the best time to get some great draft picks to rebuild the team while giving Metcalf an opportunity to play with current elite team and enjoy immediate success. With draft picks from both Russ and Metcalf, the possiblities seemed endless with so many draft picks on acquiring new talent. For the record, I personally love Metcalf, even more now that he really wanted to stay in Seattle without knowing anything about how his contract situation would play out.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Hold on guys...that wasn't my reasoning at all. AT THE TIME of my post; with Russ gone and the QB situtation unknown, it felt like a rebuild and sort of still is. I figured with Metcalf's talent, it was probably the best time to get some great draft picks to rebuild the team while giving Metcalf an opportunity to play with current elite team and enjoy immediate success. With draft picks from both Russ and Metcalf, the possiblities seemed endless with so many draft picks on acquiring new talent. For the record, I personally love Metcalf, even more now that he really wanted to stay in Seattle without knowing anything about how his contract situation would play out.
Look I get it. A knee jerk reaction. DK is one of the pieces we’re going to need through his prime to secure another Lombardi. And who knows maybe we catch lightning in a bottle with Geno or Drew and surprise some people this year. This team is shaping up to be special especially defensively

sutz

Reaction score
Even in a rebuild, you evaluate every player on the team and make decisions on who will be a part of it or not. Trading DK away would add to the length of the rebuild, not quicken it.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Even in a rebuild, you evaluate every player on the team and make decisions on who will be a part of it or not. Trading DK away would add to the length of the rebuild, not quicken it.
“Let’s rebuild by trading away our best offensive player and then let’s spend years looking for his identical replacement…”

A rebuild can take place by removing what doesn’t work. Not removing what does work.

Imagine trading DK for an unproven offensive lineman(s) with draft picks. Now, imagine having DK with an unproven line. Which would you rather have?