Michael Bennett reportedly wants around $10 million a year

seadoc30

Reaction score
He is not worth that much. I think his success had more to do with our whole D-line playing awesome as a group. Individually, he didn't stand out that much to receive that much money. I think Irvin, Scruggs, Jordan hill will replace him just fine.. Let him go wherever he wants.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":1fqg4twc said:
Michael Bennett may have just solidified his departure from the Super Bowl champs. Bennett, who led the Hawks in sacks this past season, reportedly wants around $10 million a year and is unwilling to take a discount to stay in Seattle. Michael Bennett After an impressive season, it makes sense that he wants to cash in

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...ksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_15810110

What do you guys think?.

Excuse me for a second.....

mj-laughing.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Dude's a horrible writer.

The Seattle Seahawks have big decisions to make regarding the salary cap, and Michael Bennett may have just solidified his departure from the Super Bowl champs. Bennett, who led the Hawks in sacks this past season, reportedly wants around $10 million a year and is unwilling to take a discount to stay in Seattle.

After an impressive season, it makes sense that he wants to cash in. But his wishes are unlikely to be granted by GM John Schneider, and other NFL teams for that matter.

He sets up his own false premise that Bennett is on his way out of Seattle because he's demanding 10M per year...........then in the very next paragraph confirms what most people know, that he won't get it. So how is he likely to be leaving Seattle if no one else is going to pay him 10M per year either?

Idiot.

Meeker

Reaction score
I don't get why people are acting like that price is outrageous. The guy is a great edge rusher and, even more valuable, can rush well from the from the inside. He is also fantastic against the run...

I'd love to have him back at 7-8 a year, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him get 9-10 a year. Personally would let him walk at that price, but that doesn't change anything...

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hey all power to him if he gets 10 mil...

Bring on that extra 3rd round compensatory pick!

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares what he wants/gets. He helped tremendously in us being the Champs.

Where it goes from here matters not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":1a99fp1k said:
Who cares what he wants/gets. He helped tremendously in us being the Champs.

Where it goes from here matters not.

Huh?

Sure as heck matters for next year.

hawks509

Reaction score
Obviously nothing solid behind this article, just conjecture. Although he does seem to be asking for a fair amount. The biggest issue with me is him saying blatantly he wouldn't take a discount. I think a large part of our success was everyone buying into the "team" aspect. We've proven to have a great front office so I'm not too scared if he does go. We'll find a replacement somewhere no doubt .

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawks4life":19xnt2w8 said:
Michael Bennett may have just solidified his departure from the Super Bowl champs. Bennett, who led the Hawks in sacks this past season, reportedly wants around $10 million a year and is unwilling to take a discount to stay in Seattle. Michael Bennett After an impressive season, it makes sense that he wants to cash in

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...ksrc=story_article_msn_original_head_15810110

What do you guys think?.
Good luck getting that figure from any team let alone the Seahawks. What is the franchise tag for a DL? I wouldn't give him that it just helps figure out a realistic number for him.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I think he stays. Schneider & Co offer up front money to counter his "Home town discount" statement. I believe he will realize that the extra few million playing elsewhere isn't worth it. Buy doing this, he will get others to follow in keeping this team in tact. A little bit too optimistic?

Marvin49

Reaction score
had2bhawk":rbyfij4h said:
I think he stays. Schneider & Co offer up front money to counter his "Home town discount" statement. I believe he will realize that the extra few million playing elsewhere isn't worth it. Buy doing this, he will get others to follow in keeping this team in tact. A little bit too optimistic?

A little. I remember this happing with the Niners in the late Nineties. I always hoped for that "hometown discount" and it never really happened.

Now, what MIGHT happen is player goes off into the world for big $$$, discovers that losing really sucks, their teams discover the player is not as good without the supporting cast, they get released, and then they "come home" for less money.

Thats what happened with Dana Stubblefield. I can see that happening.

These guys have a short window to make as much money as they can. They will take more mony 99% of the time.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Scottemojo":294agp87 said:
Can't blame him for setting the bar high.

Well Scott, then who do you want me to blame?

The average working man making $5,000 a month for 45 years would make $2,700,000 in a lifetime In effect, Bennett is asking for $50 million for five years. Why is it that we do not hear from the "have not's" of society or their leaders hollering for more equality?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":he8dnd54 said:
Scottemojo":he8dnd54 said:

The average working man making $5,000 a month for 45 years would make $2,700,000 in a lifetime In effect, Bennett is asking for $50 million for five years. Why is it that we do not hear from the "have not's" of society or their leaders hollering for more equality?

The average working man can't play NFL football. The average working man doesn't have the option to ask for that much money. The average working man doesn't have a scenario in front of him where he can setup himself and his family for the rest of his life.

Is it fair? Hell no...but if an average working man could request 10 mil per year and have a somewhat realistic shot of getting it he'd be requesting it 10 out of 10 times.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":u1c12raf said:
Scottemojo":u1c12raf said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Please elaborate.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I still think 7-8 million gets it done I think the actual issue will be the years we offer compared to others needing a pass rusher. Say Jacksonville or Tennessee?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1tf8u3lf said:
Scottemojo":1tf8u3lf said:

Hey look, it only took 3 pages for someone to whine about how much athletes make!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Scottemojo":de7frr6y said:
Bigpumpkin":de7frr6y said:
Scottemojo":de7frr6y said:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Please elaborate.

My question is, "Who are we fans to blame for the rapidly escalating major league sport salaries? This is probably why my seats in the 300 level have increased nearly 30% in three years. I know that my salary didn't go up by that amount!