Mike Davis - (RB) Signs with Seattle

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I like it. He showed signs of being hungry and ran hard last year. Good depth.

Hotchy

Reaction score
My feeling is that Wilson doesn't need great WRs, he needs a great RB to keep defenses guessing, and honest. Not one team is gonna fear anyone lining up in the backfield with Russell. Kind of destroys the read option and playaction

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ozs3imbr said:
Hotchy":ozs3imbr said:
You're right, none of them are scrubs, as they're good enough to play in the NFL. Scrubs sounds harsh. How about none of them are in the same class as an Alexander, Warner, Warren, Lynch, Watters. Man, we sure have had some greats

Well, that's true. But Carson showed real potential as a complete RB at least, whereas McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are going to be role players. Also a really good pass blocker, so there's a strong chance Seattle sticks with him.

Davis, though, is a great compliment. Some good moves.

Any one of the four including Davis (good re-signing by the way) with a full back leading would make this team credible in my humble opinion. It would keep the team on the field longer and increase that dreaded T.O.P. thingy.

Hotchy

Reaction score
I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......

Chapow

Reaction score
Hotchy":16fnjf8w said:
I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......

Carson sure looked like he had the potential to be an above average to very good starting RB to me. Not sure why you're implying it would be a bad thing if he's our #1 RB? Because he's not a big name or a high draft pick? I don't get it.

There's a pretty long list of very highly regarded and very highly drafted RB's that were straight up busts in the NFL. Not sure taking one at 18 makes a whole lot of sense to me when we potentially already have a pretty good one on the roster and plenty of other holes to fill.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Mike Davis is the literal definition of a highlight running back. Makes flashy plays every now and then but doesn't give you consistent vision. There's a reason there wasn't a market for him. We have got to raise our standards...we can do much better than him and I hope we draft an RB

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1ddtptni said:
Mike Davis is the literal definition of a highlight running back. Makes flashy plays every now and then but doesn't give you consistent vision. There's a reason there wasn't a market for him. We have got to raise our standards...we can do much better than him and I hope we draft an RB

There was a market for him, he met with several teams.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Chapow":1kosqpmx said:
Hotchy":1kosqpmx said:

Carson sure looked like he had the potential to be an above average to very good starting RB to me. Not sure why you're implying it would be a bad thing if he's our #1 RB? Because he's not a big name or a high draft pick? I don't get it.

The biggest concern is injury.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Minimum will be $705,000 I believe.

I'd expect it to be in the $800,000 - $1,000,000 range personally.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":16880dkl said:
No way in hell Carson is a scrub. Way too early to make a claim like that.

At the same point, they cannot realistically bank on Carson being great and Davis being adequate. We assumed Rawls was going to be the solution and he dropped off a cliff after his season ending injury. I hope Carson avoids a similar fate but his body of work is way too small to put everything on the Carson-wagon.

Mike Davis is a fine backup to have. He's a little Robert Turbin in that respect. But we need a lot more than Chris Carson and Mike Davis to get this running game going again.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You guys see Davis as a backup to Carson? I thought he was best in the 3rd down role catching screens last year and think it's more Prosise/Davis/McKissic as pretty good competition for that receiving back role. One of the three should stay healthy, right?

I think the backup/competition to Carson is not on the roster yet.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2uaj8udo said:
This is a deep draft for the RB group. Resigning Davis along with having a (hopefully) healthy Carson and a sprinkling of a McKissic makes me think we won’t se an RB drafted until the 5th round. Glad to see Davis back. Those 3 may or may not have a consistent home run hitter among them, but they can get on base.

I don't know how many teams have a "consistent homerun hitter" but they've probably got 3 Mike Camerons in there. Potential to go off one day and hit 4 homeruns but will probably give you +average to ++average games each and every sun/mon.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
He's got 348 rushing yards, and one TD in three years in the NFL. He wasn't on the active roster for the first half of last season, and took that spot following injuries to the other RBs. He is a depth guy, nothing more. I running backs are going to flash and turn into significant contributors it would have happened by now. Can anybody think of a player that did as little as Davis has done his first three years, then all of a sudden started running for 500+ yards in a season?

On another note we now have Carson, McKissic, Prosise and Davis. I'm assuming they add another running back through the draft, though I doubt it's in the first three rounds. So with that in mind, which one of those current four (assuming all are healthy) are the least likely to make the team? I say it's Davis.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You forgot the two FBs Tre Madden & Jalston Fowler. Madden is regarded as being FB/HB tweener.

Latest posts