Mike Davis - (RB) Signs with Seattle

Ruminator

Reaction score
Chapow":3aci9xxl said:
Hotchy":3aci9xxl said:
I beat you to it. I already took back the scrub tag. But if he's our #1 this year.......

Carson sure looked like he had the potential to be an above average to very good starting RB to me. Not sure why you're implying it would be a bad thing if he's our #1 RB? Because he's not a big name or a high draft pick? I don't get it.

There's a pretty long list of very highly regarded and very highly drafted RB's that were straight up busts in the NFL. Not sure taking one at 18 makes a whole lot of sense to me when we potentially already have a pretty good one on the roster and plenty of other holes to fill.

This thinking is all we need to know for the time being regarding our current RB situation. If your brain attempts to think other things, reboot it and re-read this post.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":2llei49p said:
SoulfishHawk":2llei49p said:
Would be shocked if they don't trade down at 18. They need to get a 2 and 3 back at some point.
That's what I'm thinking. From where we're drafting, a 2 and a 3 are probably worth more than a 1 anyway. Looks like they're up to their old tricks, fill in the gaps in FA, then trade back to stockpile picks on Day 2/3. I can live with it. The draft has never been that big a deal for me anyway. It's interesting, but it's not the most important day of the year or anything.

I find the importance of the draft to be in inverse proportion to the previous performance and expected performance of the team you cheer for.

Draft day used to be huge for me, then Seattle got good, and I cared a whole lot less.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
There is going to be some talent in rounds 3-5 at RB this year

Royce Freeman
John Kelly
Kalen Ballage
Rashaad Penny
Bo Scarbrough
Jarvion Franklin
Chris Warren III

12forlife

Reaction score
There's a pretty long list of very highly regarded and very highly drafted RB's that were straight up busts in the NFL. Not sure taking one at 18 makes a whole lot of sense to me when we potentially already have a pretty good one on the roster and plenty of other holes to fill.[/quote]

Yes you can get lucky and land a Potential star RB in later rounds, and I was with us rolling with Carson, but what did he last 6 games? What happens if he doesn't come back to form, like Rawls? Then your going to bank on Davis, Mckissic & the paper puppet Prosise? Prosise might aswell already put him on the IR! If we have a chance to draft a stud complete back like Nick Chubb I think you have to take him. If we move down from #18 i'ld even be ok with Johnson or Penny, but don't believe they make it past midway through the 3rd. Ballege in the 4th is ok, appears to go down to easy, Freeman doesn't show to be a between the tackle runner, Kelly more of a receiving back. We need a stud/complete RB to pair with a hopefully healthy Carson. Chubb, Michel, Johnson, Penny. are far and away my top 4. I know people will say what about Guice, imo I think he runs angree like Rawls, and we know where that lands ya in the NFL.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDavisRB/status/976847566578077696[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/976942921277571072[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeDavisRB/status/976932618783555584[/tweet]
29402539_1602765549779052_7237365870555561984_n.jpg

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Good third rb behind Carson and whoever is drafted or signed. I have given up on Procise who will be on ir before training camp. We need to draft a rb in the event Carson doesn't show the flash he had last year.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Cyrus12":s0e4yjl4 said:
Good third rb behind Carson and whoever is drafted or signed. I have given up on Procise who will be on ir before training camp. We need to draft a rb in the event Carson doesn't show the flash he had last year.

For sure.

Relying on a RB that didn't carry a heavy load in college and lasted 4 games before getting injured terrifies me.

Seattle will go RB early, I'd bet my house on it being either the first or second pick.

Seymour

Reaction score
Nice to wake up to some good news today.

And yes, I do consider this good news. I'd rather go with guys like Davis that have showed they are capable here rather than risk those 50/50 FA backs that we seem to get less from.

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":ogqpx248 said:
Cyrus12":ogqpx248 said:

For sure.

Relying on a RB that didn't carry a heavy load in college and lasted 4 games before getting injured terrifies me.

Seattle will go RB early, I'd bet my house on it being either the first or second pick.

Where do you live and what's that in American Dollars in exchange.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":2im5yt2t said:
original poster":2im5yt2t said:
Cyrus12":2im5yt2t said:

For sure.

Where do you live and what's that in American Dollars in exchange.

The south east, around an hour outside of London and about 10%-15% below the average house price in Seattle.