Mike Morgan to IR

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Between Fant and Rober Myers I almost wonder if we have a new tackle in play next year as well. Myers' general body construction is just plain weird. Ridiculous core mass with a bone structure that might be too small for the force that he can create with it. I hope not though, because if he can stay durable you might really have something in a couple years.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Erebus":9ozf8rls said:
This is the first I'm hearing of him being injured. Pete said they came out of yesterday's game in good shape. So what happened?

No NEW injuries. Morgan hand an injury going into the game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3rs9b8cd said:
I was always pulling for Poole, but ever since he was drafted, I kind of got the feeling he'd be just another one of Cable's failures. I mean he was the first OL (4th round) the Hawks took in that draft. Ridiculous. He was projected to be a 7th rounder - undrafted. What a wasted pick. I just get the feeling Reese Odhiambo will meet the same fate in the near future. Another guy Cable badly reached for.

Yes, yes, and when have you known our team to setup its draft board purely base upon 'projections' from others? :177692: Yeah, big 'reach'

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm very intrigued by Fant.

Back to the thread topic, I'm concerned about a dropoff in overall special teams play with Morgan gone. Hopefully they will adjust quickly.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Poole was the biggest 'meh' pick i can remember in recent years. You look at any guys tape and you can pick something to get excited/optimistic about, but Poole showed nothing.

In fairness, that whole draft mostly sucked from the 4th round onwards, we still took Poole before Glowinski though.

McGruff

Reaction score
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... l=Seahawks

The snaps counts from Sunday’s win at the New York Jets showed the Seahawks were in nickel defense (five backs in the secondary) 87 percent of the time, or 62 of 71 plays. Sixty-two snaps how many nickel back Jeremy Lane played, with cornerback DeShawn Shead playing all of them.

One of the main reasons I found all the stress and offseason fan-focus on replacing Bruce Irvin to be so useless was that nickle defense is the new base defense in the NFL. So Morgan goes down? Its the equivalent of missing Quinton Jefferson or Tanner McEvoy . . .