miles of traveling

captSE

Reaction score
(35,000 Round trip including playoffs) Is that what I heard the announcer saying when talking about the Hawks travels last season? I say jet-lag......

Last season, I remember the Atlanta playoff game and thinking the Hawks had the only morning game that weekend based on their body clocks - 3 hour time difference making this this way and putting the Hawks at a disadvantage. Game time could/should have been changed, but it wasn't.

Wasn't the NFL was going to step in and help correct this anomaly?

It sure would bring some fairness to East and West coast teams who have to do this (Although I would contend that West coast teams going East suffer most by this scenario since the East coast have already past the AM when traveling to the West). The Carolina game was a perfect example and I wonder why they can't delay such games by 3 hours.

Was the NFL was going to fix this or what's going on here?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
The NFL fixed it for east coast teams only. A couple years ago they created the rule that no east coast team will be required to travel to a west coast venue more than two times a season. It was first implemented in 2010 when the Steelers were scheduled to travel to Seattle but the NFL stepped in and made Seattle travel to Pittsburgh instead even though Seattle traveled nearly three times as much over the course of that same season.

We played that game not only on the road but also at 10:00am local time and were blown out something like 34 to zero.

Yet the NFL claims to be about parity. The truth is It's about profit and that is also why this year and last they flexed the leagues most profitable team out of east coast early games the featured good opponents. If that profitable team drops back to mediocrity so does the profit that comes from it.

It sucks but what can you do?

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
We just have to deal with it, I think it was the niners in Fraudbaughs first season they took care of business on the road with Alex Smith as their QB, I'm confident we can do the same.. That way come playoff time we can rest at home.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Welcome to the NFC West.

Niners led the NFL in miles traveled for years. For awhile there the NFC West used to consist of teams in Atlanta, New Orleans, St louis and SF. Nuts.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
In the end TV > fairness.

If the networks have to fill their early game slots, then the west coast teams are going to play early.

Latest posts