MNF - Patriots @ Chiefs

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":13senyd6 said:
volsunghawk":13senyd6 said:
Since the accusations and punishment came down, the Pats have been to 4 conference championships and 2 Super Bowls. They've had a 16-0 regular season. They've made the playoffs every season except the one where their QB went down in the first game (and still finished 11-5), and finished in the top 2 seeds 4 times. They've won 10 or more games in every single one of those seasons.

Maybe all true, but they've also been one of the most overrated teams in recent history due to getting fat every year for the past 10 years in the horrible AFC East.

So every year the Pats get a 4-5 game head start on the rest of the AFC because the rest of the East teams can't ever get their sh*$ together, which not only has given them better records than they'd have in other divisions, but also important home field advantage playoff games.

I for one am going to enjoy the slow demise of the Patriots, as I cannot stand their coach or their fans. Both miserable bastards to the bone.

Eh, they play the hand they're dealt. We lived off of that same formula in the mid 2000s.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3lberzi6 said:
Sgt. Largent":3lberzi6 said:
volsunghawk":3lberzi6 said:
Since the accusations and punishment came down, the Pats have been to 4 conference championships and 2 Super Bowls. They've had a 16-0 regular season. They've made the playoffs every season except the one where their QB went down in the first game (and still finished 11-5), and finished in the top 2 seeds 4 times. They've won 10 or more games in every single one of those seasons.

Maybe all true, but they've also been one of the most overrated teams in recent history due to getting fat every year for the past 10 years in the horrible AFC East.

So every year the Pats get a 4-5 game head start on the rest of the AFC because the rest of the East teams can't ever get their sh*$ together, which not only has given them better records than they'd have in other divisions, but also important home field advantage playoff games.

I for one am going to enjoy the slow demise of the Patriots, as I cannot stand their coach or their fans. Both miserable bastards to the bone.

Eh, they play the hand they're dealt. We lived off of that same formula in the mid 2000s.

Yeah for like 3 years, not 12.

Exittium

Reaction score
IMO we should be in our own category for the dumb ass noise record, for also creating minor earthquakes, not only once BUT TWICE against the same TEAM!.. To me that's more impressive then a bunch of fans who screamed during a timeout/commercial break in a stadium that holds, what around 10,000 more people?

canfan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2rfgfyxw said:
Cyrus12":2rfgfyxw said:
Pats have not been good since the day they got caught stealing other teams play call signs...Is it me or does Brady not give a shit anymore??? AFC is an awful conference....Bengals are the class team now.

If you want to criticize some of Belichick's play calls, that's fair. If you want to trash their drafting, you've got plenty of reason to (they've especially been awful in the 2nd round). But saying they haven't been good? Man, I hope Seattle has a stretch of not being good like that. Of course, I'd like some Lombardis thrown in there, but just getting those high seeds year after year after year... that's what a dynasty looks like.

Facts sure can mess up a good story line!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Pats have done this before (slow starts) and yet you see them in the end(playoffs) I know better than to think they will tank the season...I'd go by GB qb statement...Relax! I think the Bengals are in for a tough game..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2h7mvili said:
The Pats have done this before (slow starts) and yet you see them in the end(playoffs) I know better than to think they will tank the season...I'd go by GB qb statement...Relax! I think the Bengals are in for a tough game..

You're probably right, but how awesome would it be to see the widespread panic of entitled smarmy Pats fans all collectively hitting the panic button next week if the Bengals go into Foxborough and destroy their beloved Patriots?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2mnes4ue said:
You're probably right, but how awesome would it be to see the widespread panic of entitled smarmy Pats fans all collectively hitting the panic button next week if the Bengals go into Foxborough and destroy their beloved Patriots?
That'd be funny, but based on the history of the Patriots, Brady, and the Bengals...This game screams "unexpected beatdown" with the Patriots winning big, IMO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2scua47x said:
Yeah, I'm not buying that New England is dead until it's a fact much like San Francisco. I think both of them will win 10-11 games as usual and be right in the mix like it or not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1spbadtm said:
IndyHawk":1spbadtm said:
Yeah, I'm not buying that New England is dead until it's a fact much like San Francisco. I think both of them will win 10-11 games as usual and be right in the mix like it or not.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels different.

When's the last time the Pats looked that bad and got destroyed? What I saw Monday night wasn't Brady looking off a little and the Pats losing by six on the road, that was a beatdown.

But yeah, they play in the AFC East, so even if they only win 9 or 10 games, they're still going to come in first. But I don't see the Pats improving drastically as the season progresses, too many huge problem areas. O-line, WR, interior D-line, LB's, mediocre RB's.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ My read too.

While at different times so far this season the 9ers have looked really bad in pass pro, pass rush, run d, and special teams, potato performances across these units have been isolated, and they haven't looked consistently bad in any one area, and have also just been shooting themselves in the foot with penalties.

The Pats, on the other hand, have looked consistently bad in multiple areas in a way the 9ers haven't yet. Put another way, I think it's POSSIBLE for the 9ers to get hot and hit the wild card week on fire*, whereas if the Pats make the playoffs, so far, it looks like they're going to back door in without really belonging there this year.

IMO Belichick-the-coach has finally been done in by Belichick-the-GM. If anything it's a testament to his coaching ability that it has taken this long.

*It's also of course possible they don't; this isn't a prediction.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pfxdyq7 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1pfxdyq7 said:
IndyHawk":1pfxdyq7 said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but this feels different.

When's the last time the Pats looked that bad and got destroyed? What I saw Monday night wasn't Brady looking off a little and the Pats losing by six on the road, that was a beatdown.

But yeah, they play in the AFC East, so even if they only win 9 or 10 games, they're still going to come in first. But I don't see the Pats improving drastically as the season progresses, too many huge problem areas. O-line, WR, interior D-line, LB's, mediocre RB's.
Kansas City has a history of making Tom Brady look bad on MNF. Especially at Arrowhead.