MORE CROW PLEASE

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":7vfvk1lg said:
RunTheBall":7vfvk1lg said:
Tech Worlds":7vfvk1lg said:
And just when I think I couldn't respect you any more you go and post this. Excellent post ThinkTank!
I thought we were going 8-8 though? You said it yourself.
What does that have to do with enjoying what English posted?
Your own crow, that you won't eat because you are pretending you didn't post that our season was over and we're going 8-8.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":qfbr22sc said:
RolandDeschain":qfbr22sc said:
Marvin49":qfbr22sc said:
Marvin, I think his point is that a 20-word admission post doesn't trump two years of relatively consistent posting habits.

Whatever's clever. I congratulated you guys on the win after the NFC championship. I congratulated you guys after that demoralizing loss on Thanksgiving. I'm here win or lose and yeah, I'll defend my team against this forums BS. Guilty as charged.

Bottom line tho, I never write a damn negative word about the Seahawks and never even predicted a winner. He needs to rub my nose in it? Fine. It's all good. It says a hell of a lot more about him than it does about me.

Enjoy the win boys. Lord knows I would. What I wouldn't be doing though is feeling the need to rub your nose in it.

We're just used to the drive by smack from opposing fans Marv. They come in the week BEFORE the game with their smack, but after the Seahawks stomp them into submission, they are never to be heard from again. We're usually just gloating by ourselves. You must feel the need for punishment because you came back, but where are your buddies? We need to rub their noses in it too.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RunTheBall":rcese9rj said:
Tech Worlds":rcese9rj said:
RunTheBall":rcese9rj said:
Tech Worlds":rcese9rj said:
And just when I think I couldn't respect you any more you go and post this. Excellent post ThinkTank!
I thought we were going 8-8 though? You said it yourself.
What does that have to do with enjoying what English posted?
Your own crow, that you won't eat because you are pretending you didn't post that our season was over and we're going 8-8.
I was wrong. And happy I was. Don't know what that has to do with thinking the op was funny as hell.

Glad you are here playing your part.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Great post English. However, I think you've missed the boat on just calling Marvin out. There are several other Whiner posters that deserve to spotlighted in this thread. I'm going to say we need to point them out here and I'm starting those festivities right now............

My whole-hearted nomination goes to lvnginhwktwn for his post earlier this year when he told Marvin that he needed to "smell the fear" from Hawks fans because he was just so sure the mighty Team Frisco was going to whip our Hawks when they faced off. This little gem of a post can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=99334&start=50
slightly more than halfway down.

Seahawks have beaten Santa Clara 5 of the last 6
NFCCG, 23-17
Seahawks are defending Super Bowl Champions

I love the smell of those facts in the morning. They smell like victory.

rideaducati

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":25qs1uap said:
Tech Worlds":25qs1uap said:
I was wrong. And happy I was. Don't know what that has to do with thinking the op was funny as hell.

Glad you are here playing your part.

The best part about being cynical and a bit pessimistic are the pleasant surprises.

It's all about hedging your bets. If you resolve that you probably won't win, and then the team you are cheering for wins... the feeling is great! One of my new favorite things in life is being proven wrong about sports. :twisted:

About everything else in life, I am relentlessly optimistic: especially when it comes to loved ones and their health, work, art, et.

But when it comes to the things that don't matter: gambling, sports, politics - things that I have no control over, I have super low expectations so that I am never disappointed. It helps keep those things in perspective, especially football. I used to have a major major problem with football... and would get so hyped up and worked up around games that I would crash for days after a bad loss. The worst was that loss in Miami in 84... followed ever so closely by the Superbowl against the Steelers, both of those times I thought the Seahawks were "destined" to win the Superbowl and the defeat was crushing -- it took me weeks to recover.

And then came the Mora season and I resolved that I needed to lower those expectations and take the stress out of the equation. I also stopped paying attention to the details of the game... you know, no more paying attention to schemes or the difference between formations and positions, all of that stuff - the less you know the less you second guess. I used to get so down on coaches and players after a loss, and now I always take the positive approach, well, except for Percy Harvin and his bullshit...

But overall -- "What will be will be." I just cheer for my team, enjoy the games, and when things don't work out ... only an hour or two is ruined and I am over it by Sunday night.

Ever since I've been approaching it this way the Seahawks have turned into a juggernaut! I've been pleasantly surprised time and time and time again. It's like being a kid and waking up on Christmas morning believing you will get a pair of dirty socks and instead you end up with a 3' diameter Millennium Falcon!

It's not for everyone but it works for me. :) What makes me laugh is how MAD certain other fans get, especially the ones that are the way I used to be. ;)

So, you expect the worst and everything else is gravy. I'm on the opposite side right now with the Seahawks. I EXPECT the Seahawks to win and have a blast letting everyone else know. I personally have a lot of fun talking smack and even more fun WHEN the Seahawks back up my smack.

I believe the Debbie Downer attitude needs to be shelved. This isn't the Holmgren era Seahawks anymore. The team had the same attitude you and many others have early on in the season and it showed. Now that the Seahawks have their attitude and expectations back, they are doing much better. I feel that the team fed off the fans attitude and the fans didn't get their attitude back until recently.

You Debbie Downer's need to go to other sites and have a bit of fun talking some smack. It's okay, no one knows who you are. HAVE SOME FUN DAMMIT.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Well said Z_Man. I used to be the same way. Now I just enjoy the game for the game, win or lose. Of course I want to see W's, but after a loss I get over it much more quickly and easily.

In other news, I just read this by a poster on another site, thought I'd share:

Bluto: "This just in: The NFL has recalled the Colin Kaepernick action figure do to it being a choking hazard."

Go Hawks!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Largent80":ujlar372 said:
THIS, is the best EVER !!!!!!!!

H98dhnF

I thoroughly enjoyed watching that too. I'm sure the pics of this will be used for MANY years to come. I can't wait.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell and Sherman eating turkey on the whiner logo is the best thing evar.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
There is sympathy for that fanbase and their ridiculous coach?

I've been lapping up the tears all week, and this was just the cherry on top of the Niner tears ice cream.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":bexl9qx6 said:
Colin-Kaepernick-12.jpg

Who's responsible for whatever was spewed on Kapepernick's chest...?

Brahn

Reaction score
ap_san_fran_shooting_sc_110822_wg.jpg

Caption: We used to be good! No way man, We used to be good!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":odo4zi03 said:
There is sympathy for that fanbase and their ridiculous coach?

I've been lapping up the tears all week, and this was just the cherry on top of the Niner tears ice cream.

Me too. I'm loving this. I wish more of them were here to take it all in.

irocdave

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1sja7s0a said:
^ This guy. Trying to spoil our Thanksgiving weekends. Go back to Russia, Z_Man!
Leave the avatar chick here though.