Most liked 'sleeper'/'forgotten' Hawks.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Okay - Here's the Anti Most Hated Seahawk thread. This is your vote for a hawk that might have been under-appreciated - or a sleeper type vote.

I'll open with the same dude from my response in another thread: Joe Jurevicius.

And Emeril style (my 90's are showing) - BAM! I'll hit you with: Leon Washington!

I know there's plenty of others..... ;)

KinesProf

Reaction score
Brandon Mebane.

Jermaine Kearse - he was like the Seahawks version of Robert Horry: 4th down 4th quarter NFC championship game TD vs the 49ers; Overtime game winning TD NFC Championship vs the Packers; Super Bowl TD vs the Broncos where he broke like 5 tackles; miracle catch final drive vs Patriots in the Super Bowl; 63 yard TD in a tie game vs the Panthers in the divisional round.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a great topic.

There are quite a few - Sam Adams, Mack Strong, Dan Doornink, David Hughes, Keith Butler, Michael Jackson (LB), Paul Skansi, and John Harris (Easley got lots of recognition but John Harris was very good in his own right).

Torc

Reaction score
This is a great topic.

There are quite a few - Sam Adams, Mack Strong, Dan Doornink, David Hughes, Keith Butler, Michael Jackson (LB), Paul Skansi, and John Harris (Easley got lots of recognition but John Harris was very good in his own right).
I shoulda thought of Skansi, I was a huge fan.

Mack Strong simply has the best football name ever, anywhere. Especially considering his position.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
First name I thought of was John L. Williams. An absolute beast of a blocker and runner, who probably could have had the career of players like Alstott or Moose Johnson had he played on better teams in a bigger market.

I'd also throw out Darrel Jackson. I think he's still in the top 5 of all time Hawk receivers stats wise, but doesn't get as much love as guys like Largent, Baldwin, etc.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
First name I thought of was John L. Williams. An absolute beast of a blocker and runner, who probably could have had the career of players like Alstott or Moose Johnson had he played on better teams in a bigger market.

I'd also throw out Darrel Jackson. I think he's still in the top 5 of all time Hawk receivers stats wise, but doesn't get as much love as guys like Largent, Baldwin, etc.
good call on D Jack, he was crazy productive

Lofa and Chad Brown too. Those guys were all over the field.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We could obviously talk about hundreds of players but Edwin Bailey deserves a shout out every now and then. 5th round pick in '81 who ended up playing 11 seasons for us with 120 starts at Left Guard and retiring as a Seahawk legend with the most franchise starts as an OL. Good locker room guy, humble, and he's been active off the field in the community. Due to his longevity he's 27th all time in Seahawks franchise Approximate Value, ahead of guys like Mebane, Marshawn, Kam, Hutch, etc.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Chris Gray.

He was never a Pro Bowler, and he was a big ugly, an offensive lineman, so he was overlooked by a lot of fans. But Gray started 121 consecutive games, or over 7.5 years. The guy was solid.

I would award him with the Hawks' Rodney Dangerfield trophy. He doesn't get any respect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I'd agree with that. I liked me some D-Jack. I'd also strongly agree that the OPI in XL on him was F'ed. But, not lookin to rehash THAT ;)

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
good call on D Jack, he was crazy productive

Lofa and Chad Brown too. Those guys were all over the field.
Well, my wife, who still uses a password containing Lofa's name to this day - would completely agree with you.

For some reason I COMPLETELY forgot that Lofa's ripped pec was friendly fire. I was just looking him up for laughs and forgot that he ripped it in a collision with Deon Grant - who could make this list IMO.

Sunday night game in Seattle - it was priceless - i have a picture of the cable cam after it came loose hanging over Deon's head as he looked up at it - his expression is hilarious - thought it was gonna fall on him!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
His interception in the 2005 NFC Championship game. We all knew they were gonna' smoke Carolina that day. And it was only 7-0 at that point.

Speaking of cameras falling etc. Do you remember the game when the camera moving on those cables almost hit Hass? That would have been brutal.

Rat

Reaction score
First name to come to mind was Tracy White. I thought he was a pretty underrated linebacker, who I always wanted to see more.

Alex Bannister was an absolute special teams gunner demon at his peak. He was legitimately the best in the league at it. Unfortunate to have been slowed by injuries.

RiverDog

Reaction score
His interception in the 2005 NFC Championship game. We all knew they were gonna' smoke Carolina that day. And it was only 7-0 at that point.

Speaking of cameras falling etc. Do you remember the game when the camera moving on those cables almost hit Hass? That would have been brutal.
SNF at home vs. the Saints.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Okay - Here's the Anti Most Hated Seahawk thread. This is your vote for a hawk that might have been under-appreciated - or a sleeper type vote.

I'll open with the same dude from my response in another thread: Joe Jurevicius.

And Emeril style (my 90's are showing) - BAM! I'll hit you with: Leon Washington!

I know there's plenty of others..... ;)
First name I was going to say.. Jurevicius.. so intrumental in opening those big holes for Alexander..such a great down field blocker.