Move Ifedi to Guard

mrblitz

Reaction score
I believe in Ifedi, just not so much as a tackle, but as a guard. Apparently, Ifedi hasn't shown the footwork needed to play tackle. But with his strength, at guard, he could be a 'road grader' on running plays. Plug somebody else in at tackle, and move Ifedi to guard.

seabowl

Reaction score
mrblitz":360ov9js said:
I believe in Ifedi, just not so much as a tackle, but as a guard. Apparently, Ifedi hasn't shown the footwork needed to play tackle. But with his strength, at guard, he could be a 'road grader' on running plays. Plug somebody else in at tackle, and move Ifedi to guard.

Agree. Move him to guard. Security Guard at a bar outside the stadium. Don't want him anywhere near this team.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Re: Move Ifedi to unemployment

There, I fixed your title.

uncle fester

Reaction score
seabowl":2e2vl7ao said:
Agree. Move him to guard. Security Guard at a bar outside the stadium. Don't want him anywhere near this team.

Ok. I laughed. :)

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I feel a bit sorry for Ifedi so I went into the Seahawks shop to buy his shirt, unfortunately I went past them too quickly and ended up knocking some Wilson ones over.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
Ifedi will have to face Khalil Mack next Monday night. That ain’t gonna be pretty. Better make sure Russell’s medical insurance is paid up.

Steve2222

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1yaca7aa said:
I feel a bit sorry for Ifedi so I went into the Seahawks shop to buy his shirt, unfortunately I went past them too quickly and ended up knocking some Wilson ones over.

You tried

OP
OP
M

mrblitz

Reaction score
all i'm sayin' is that: a) you could put anyone else at tackle, and it would be an improvement, and b) ifedi can play some guard (imo). in the past, it seems like he's had some 'road grader' moments in the run game, but really doesn't have the footwork to be playing out on the edge...

lol... anyway, those are some funny replies...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
2016 Pete: Hey maybe Ifedi will work at right tackle.
2017 Pete: Hey maybe Ifedi will work at right tackle.
2018 Pete: Hey maybe Ifedi will work at right tackle.
2019 Pete: Hey maybe Ifedi will work at right tackle.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm all for moving Ifedi to guard.

Security Guard!! :snack:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
At this point, that is the fault of the coaches.

Ifedi is not a great player. Maybe not even a good one. He is likely a below average OL that has struggled most of his career.

So we devise plays that involve a struggling OL blocking 1 on 1 vs one of the best pass rushers in the league.

The job of the coach is to implement plays that mitigate weaknesses and leverage strengths. Putting plays in place that exacerbate well-known weaknesses and flaws stops being the fault of the player and becomes the fault of the coaches.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
41524180_1080237282126358_4830937046551887872_o.jpg

sdog1981

Reaction score
Did Tom Cable draft him? Then he is one of the worst players at his position.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2j8hmlwi said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1039212695344410624[/tweet]
I wish he'd just stay quiet on . Statements like that piss me off. NO he did not play "okay". He was the clear weakspot on the line.
Edit* oh that is what he said to a reporter.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
BIrIZJR

Kind of surprising but PFF didn’t hate Ifedi in this game. They gave him a slightly below average grade but graded him above average in pass blocking.

Ifedi had two horrible plays where he fell down. Other than that, I think Russell’s off day was most responsible for the sacks he took. He wasn’t scrambling like he normally does. He didn’t seem to have a good feel. Maybe the altitude played a role in that.

They graded Sweezy as borderline elite in pass pro; I can think of at least one play where that wasn’t the case.

kf3339

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3grz4lip said:
At this point, that is the fault of the coaches.

Ifedi is not a great player. Maybe not even a good one. He is likely a below average OL that has struggled most of his career.

So we devise plays that involve a struggling OL blocking 1 on 1 vs one of the best pass rushers in the league.

The job of the coach is to implement plays that mitigate weaknesses and leverage strengths. Putting plays in place that exacerbate well-known weaknesses and flaws stops being the fault of the player and becomes the fault of the coaches.

^Completely agree.

They gave him practically no help when it was clearly obvious he needed another guy on his right side to help out.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2ou9vqhs said:
BIrIZJR

Kind of surprising but PFF didn’t hate Ifedi in this game. They gave him a slightly below average grade but graded him above average in pass blocking.

Ifedi had two horrible plays where he fell down. Other than that, I think Russell’s off day was most responsible for the sacks he took. He wasn’t scrambling like he normally does. He didn’t seem to have a good feel. Maybe the altitude played a role in that.

They graded Sweezy as borderline elite in pass pro; I can think of at least one play where that wasn’t the case.

Quite happy to see Pocic graded so high, a bit disappointed Brown graded lower than his pedigree would suggest. All in all, based on these ratings, our OL was sort of OK or kinda average.

For all Ifedi to guard folks, Ifedi played RG in his rookie season and didn't do well. Arguably, he is doing better at RT than his rookie RG. Ifedi made more eye popping mistakes than others on OL and often at the most inopportune moments, other than those those mistakes, he is serviceable. Quite sure Fant will have his chance at RT some point in this season, not entirely sure if Fant is an upgrade over Ifedi though.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Isn't it kind of hard to block for a QB who instantly backs up 15-20 yards behind his offensive line

Latest posts