MRob has physical with Seahawks tomorrow (confirmed by team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdiags

Reaction score
Man, someone has a hard-on for MRob. It is silly to say the team should sign him back because they owe it to the fans. They were hired to produced a winning organization and to sustain it. Not let emotions enter into it. It was tough seeing MRob let go but this argument was on-going since late spring as folks started looking at things from a cap related slant. I hate seeing any of the core guys getting the axe but I also know I have no say in the day-to-day decisions the FO makes.

Hawkscanner was laying out a logical, not emotional case of why the physical as mentioned may not be a sure sign that the team is going to bring MRob back. Stop with the personal attacks and attack the post/not the person. That is where you cross the line. A lot of folks do.

If you don't agree with the view, try putting out a non-emotional response that isn't an attempt to paint the other side in some light they weren't portraying.

Respect the passion and the love for MRob but using some tact when responding to others has its place here.

chris98251

Reaction score
People say FB is a dieing breed, I think that the two TE set has taken the place of the FB, although I also think it's a flavor of the month type thing. Good running teams use a fullback still, when you start getting lighter to move faster a fullback would be a good counter, a fullback may not block a 300 pounder as well but they sure can take on a 250 or lighter maybe 220 pound LB to open a hole.

Just saying that people right things off to easlily, the game is one of cycles and adaption and counter adaption, you only have 11 guys on a side and when a team stacks things one way it takes a while for the league to one copy and emulate, second a bit more time to come up with a new thing, or a old one with a twist.

I don't think Pete is abandoning the running game, but many said this is a passing league and RB's are not as important anymore, I use our Seahawks as an example of the running game is alive and well still. I'm not so sure Pete is all in on not having a fullback as well, if he was why would we be looking at MRob anyway.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
drdiags":3bii3q70 said:
Man, someone has a hard-on for MRob. It is silly to say the team should sign him back because they owe it to the fans. They were hired to produced a winning organization and to sustain it. Not let emotions enter into it. It was tough seeing MRob let go but this argument was on-going since late spring as folks started looking at things from a cap related slant. I hate seeing any of the core guys getting the axe but I also know I have no say in the day-to-day decisions the FO makes.

Hawkscanner was laying out a logical, not emotional case of why the physical as mentioned may not be a sure sign that the team is going to bring MRob back. Stop with the personal attacks and attack the post/not the person. That is where you cross the line. A lot of folks do.

If you don't agree with the view, try putting out a non-emotional response that isn't an attempt to paint the other side in some light they weren't portraying.

Respect the passion and the love for MRob but using some tact when responding to others has its place here.

Educate me on where I crossed the line of attacking the poster and not the post? I was pretty clear about where the comments made were subject to further discussion and even asked specific questions to support the point. (Which were not answered).

drdiags

Reaction score
If you think that how you have responded in this thread is how things should be, then there isn't much to say. At this point, if no one has pulled your coat-tail then you must be within the rules. Seemed your accusations against Hawkscanner of having an agenda against MRob was without merit. I don't read where he says it was a bad idea, just offering some ideas on how to interpret this move.

Your responses to me seemed more at discrediting him as a "hater", thus the attack the poster instead of the post. That is my read as someone who wants to see MRob back because I think he can help, IF he is healthy which I gather is just a witch hunt propaganda smear campaign by MRob detractors.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If Marshawn Lynch was Jake the Human, then Michael Robinson would be Jake the Dog...if Robinson gets signed its its Mother F'n, Adventure Time.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
To me the most significant thing is his leadership on and off the field. I'd be so stoked to see him healthy and back on the team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1o9on55l said:
To me the most significant thing is his leadership on and off the field. I'd be so stoked to see him healthy and back on the team.

Our team does not lack leadership. Our record would indicate his wasn't missed.

We need a full back with the injury to our current guy. Robinson is familiar with our system so it makes sense.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Please pass the physical MRob! The blind guy is alright but MRob is the fullest of the full backs!

cdallan

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":qczthjm7 said:
Hawkscanner":qczthjm7 said:
I certainly AM excited about this ... but my enthusiasm is tempered somewhat because there are a lot of unknowns at this point. Is Michael Robinson truly healthy? Has he gained back the weight that he lost? Is he not merely in shape -- but in football shape? If all of that is so, how quickly will it take for him to get back in to the rhythm of things ... and could the offense even potentially take even a tiny step back as he gets back up to speed? IF Robinson is healthy ... IF he's gained back the weight he lost ... and IF he's in football shape (or close to it), then naturally I'm really excited. Maybe that's the reason Schneider picked up the phone and called him, as he's and his staff have been monitoring his progress and Coleman now being banged up gave them the reason they needed to bring him back in. On the other hand, this simply could be Schneider and company simply doing what they always do when a roster player goes down to injury, making calls to a prepared list of street free agents. Bringing Robinson in for a physical could simply be the Seahawks doing their normal due diligence, leaving no stone unturned. We'll certainly find out more as the day unfolds tomorrow.

How much weight did he lose? What do you have to support your negative view of him? The armchair GM is strong in this thread. MikeRob is a proven PRO BOWL quality player... The Seahawks made a bet, which has failed on them (both Ware and Coleman FAIL at FB compared to MikeRob) and we have a section of the 12's drinking the kool-aid and asking dumb questions.

The league is going away from the FB... Our offense defies the league and its status quo, does it well, and people ask questions here that are about as absurd as a pack of crappy ESPN analysts in a coffee room on Monday morning.

SMH at you guys.

Why don't we bring in Ray Lewis then whilst Bwags is injured? He's a Pro Bowl player. And I bet he has actually put weight on since last season. Plus, there is a pretty good chance he has grown a set of antlers since the Super Bowl. That would be awesome for taking on blockers.

Shaking my antlers at you guy.

Jac

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2tf5yz9g said:
Educate me on where I crossed the line of attacking the poster and not the post? I was pretty clear about where the comments made were subject to further discussion and even asked specific questions to support the point. (Which were not answered).

The questions that Hawkscanner asked are precisely what Schneider wants answers to. If it was an absolutely certainty that he was still a Pro Bowl quality FB, he would be on somebody's roster right now. The league hasn't changed that much. The conclusions drawn in your posts are what really earn the "SMH". It's as if you're ready to have him in this week's lineup "sight unseen" fooling the Rams with his awesome Penn State QB skills. The armchair QB is certainly strong in that line of thinking.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1dcn2zb1 said:
UK_Seahawk":1dcn2zb1 said:

We need a full back with the injury to our current guy. Robinson is familiar with our system so it makes sense.

Please point out to me where in my post I said we lacked leadership.

Signing MRob would be a popular move in the locker room as he's a leader.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
TwilightError":1ysv2m26 said:
Please pass the physical MRob! The blind guy is alright but MRob is the fullest of the full backs!
he's partially deaf, not blind.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":lsgeqbw9 said:
If Marshawn Lynch was Jake the Human, then Michael Robinson would be Jake the Dog...if Robinson gets signed its its Mother F'n, Adventure Time.

Dude, at least get it right. It's Finn the Human and Jake the Dog. Gunter would be very displeased right now.

djb28

Reaction score
I hope he brings his video recorder... :snack:

TwilightError

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2ntsawnf said:
TwilightError":2ntsawnf said:
he's partially deaf, not blind.

But he does play well for a blind guy, right?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3etn8kwy said:
Tech Worlds":3etn8kwy said:
UK_Seahawk":3etn8kwy said:

Please point out to me where in my post I said we lacked leadership.

Signing MRob would be a popular move in the locker room as he's a leader.

You posted that to you the most significant thing he brings is his leadership on and off the field.... Sorry but that led me to believe that you think we need it, thus we lack it.

My bad for assuming the obvious

King Dog

Reaction score
I personally like MRob, but that's beside the point. Coleman is hurt, Ware hasn't practiced forever - we need a fullback.

Where else are you going to find one this time of year that knows our system inside and out?

This will work out beautifully if he can pass a physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.