My final 2024 Seahawks mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
This is my last 2024 Seahawks mock draft. I have us trading down a twice. This is a rebuilding year, hence all the one year contracts JS signed in free agency this year.

Trade: Seahawks trade 1st round #16 to Commanders for 2nd round #36 & 2nd round #40.
Trade: Seahawks trade 2nd round #40 & a 2025 5th round pick to Panthers for 2nd round #48 and 3rd round #96.

Seahawks mock draft

2nd round #36 (from Commanders) - (DT) Braden Fiske 6'5" 297 lbs, Florida State:
Fiske is my favorite prospect for the Seahawks in this draft. The main knock on him is his arm length, but the Rams DT Kobie Turner had the same knock on him, his 31 inch arm length. Turner had an great rookie season, despite his short arms. Fiske is a bigger guy and much more athletic than Turner. Fiske would be a steal at this point of the draft. He is the best pass rushing DT in the draft.

2nd round #48 (frome Panthers) - (OLB/DE) Marshawn Kneeland 6'3" 275 lbs, Western Michigan: Kneeland is a 1st round 3-4 OLB for me, but a late 2nd round hand in the dirt DE. So I think teams will have him rated different based on the defensive schemes they run. He would be an amazing fit at OLB for the Seahawks, he has the power and agility that make him unique at 3-4 OLB. I think he would could be a game wrecker with Fiske, Williams, and one more player in this mock.

3rd round #81 - (NT/DT) T'Vondre Sweat 6'4" 360 lbs, Texas: Sweat seems to be slipping on mocks due to his recent DUI and weight concerns. The Seahawks pull the trigger and take the big man to solidify the front seven. He is a force multiplier on the defense.

3rd round #96 (from Panthers) - (OT/OG) Matt Goncalves 6'6" 330 lbs, Pitt: Goncalves is coming off an injury, but if his medicals checked out with the Seahawks staff, I think this would be a good get on the offensive line. He has experience at LT and RT,. He moves dudes in the run game and while not the most agile he gets the job done in pass pro.

4th round #102 - (TE) Tip Reiman 6'5" 271 lbs, Illinois: There are some nice athletic TEs that should be available in rounds 4 and 5. I have the Seahawks taking the one who has the best size of the bunch. He had a 1.55 10-yard split at the combine, which is elite for a man his size. Reiman gets yards after catch and has good contract balance which allows him to get yards after contact. I think he will develop into a good starting all-around TE.

4th round #118 - (S) Trey Taylor 6'0" 210 lbs, Air Force: Taylor is athletic, team leader, and highly productive player (he won the Jim Thorpe award). Taylor ran a 4.53 40 and had a 37 inch vertical at his Pro Day.

6th round #179 - (ILB) Jacoby Windmon 6'0" 235 lbs, Michigan St: Windmon has played ILB and on the defensive line. He has a knack for pressuring the the QB from anywhere. A couple years ago, when he played ILB, he had 119 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, and 1 PBU. This last year he was out with an injury. I think he is an intriguing prospect in the late rounds. In the video below, it is from two years ago when he played ILB and not d-line (which is where he played at Michigan State).

6th round #192 - (OT/OG) Travis Glover 6'6" 338 lbs, Georgia St: Small school stud that needs to develop with good coaching staff. developmental prospect with high upside.

7th round #235 - (WR) De'Corian Clark 6'3" 215 lbs, UTSA: Clark is a big WR that had average production in college, but he has great size and athleticism to take in the later rounds. Let Clark compete against the backups on the team and see if he sticks.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I think your theme here is..... BIG.

I guess my theme is Big dudes...with athleticism, and good college production. Fix pass rush, run defense, and run blocking. With a side of upside at TE, S, and ILB.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Nice!

I love Trey Taylor. He is a long distant relative of Ed Reed. I haven't heard of Windmon so good find. I'm going to roll mines out next week. I'll let this one shine.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This is my last 2024 Seahawks mock draft. I have us trading down a twice. This is a rebuilding year, hence all the one year contracts JS signed in free agency this year.

Trade: Seahawks trade 1st round #16 to Commanders for 2nd round #36 & 2nd round #40.
Trade: Seahawks trade 2nd round #40 & a 2025 5th round pick to Panthers for 2nd round #48 and 3rd round #96.

Seahawks mock draft

2nd round #36 (from Commanders) - (DT) Braden Fiske 6'5" 297 lbs, Florida State:
Fiske is my favorite prospect for the Seahawks in this draft. The main knock on him is his arm length, but the Rams DT Kobie Turner had the same knock on him, his 31 inch arm length. Turner had an great rookie season, despite his short arms. Fiske is a bigger guy and much more athletic than Turner. Fiske would be a steal at this point of the draft. He is the best pass rushing DT in the draft.

2nd round #48 (frome Panthers) - (OLB/DE) Marshawn Kneeland 6'3" 275 lbs, Western Michigan: Kneeland is a 1st round 3-4 OLB for me, but a late 2nd round hand in the dirt DE. So I think teams will have him rated different based on the defensive schemes they run. He would be an amazing fit at OLB for the Seahawks, he has the power and agility that make him unique at 3-4 OLB. I think he would could be a game wrecker with Fiske, Williams, and one more player in this mock.

3rd round #81 - (NT/DT) T'Vondre Sweat 6'4" 360 lbs, Texas: Sweat seems to be slipping on mocks due to his recent DUI and weight concerns. The Seahawks pull the trigger and take the big man to solidify the front seven. He is a force multiplier on the defense.

3rd round #96 (from Panthers) - (OT/OG) Matt Goncalves 6'6" 330 lbs, Pitt: Goncalves is coming off an injury, but if his medicals checked out with the Seahawks staff, I think this would be a good get on the offensive line. He has experience at LT and RT,. He moves dudes in the run game and while not the most agile he gets the job done in pass pro.

4th round #102 - (TE) Tip Reiman 6'5" 271 lbs, Illinois: There are some nice athletic TEs that should be available in rounds 4 and 5. I have the Seahawks taking the one who has the best size of the bunch. He had a 1.55 10-yard split at the combine, which is elite for a man his size. Reiman gets yards after catch and has good contract balance which allows him to get yards after contact. I think he will develop into a good starting all-around TE.

4th round #118 - (S) Trey Taylor 6'0" 210 lbs, Air Force: Taylor is athletic, team leader, and highly productive player (he won the Jim Thorpe award). Taylor ran a 4.53 40 and had a 37 inch vertical at his Pro Day.

6th round #179 - (ILB) Jacoby Windmon 6'0" 235 lbs, Michigan St: Windmon has played ILB and on the defensive line. He has a knack for pressuring the the QB from anywhere. A couple years ago, when he played ILB, he had 119 tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, and 1 PBU. This last year he was out with an injury. I think he is an intriguing prospect in the late rounds. In the video below, it is from two years ago when he played ILB and not d-line (which is where he played at Michigan State).

6th round #192 - (OT/OG) Travis Glover 6'6" 338 lbs, Georgia St: Small school stud that needs to develop with good coaching staff. developmental prospect with high upside.

7th round #235 - (WR) De'Corian Clark 6'3" 215 lbs, UTSA: Clark is a big WR that had average production in college, but he has great size and athleticism to take in the later rounds. Let Clark compete against the backups on the team and see if he sticks.

Id be over the moon with this scenario. Your best yet.

12forlife

Reaction score
Still not making IOL a priority? To do the same thing over & over and expect a different result, is insanity. If we don't come out of this draft with Beebe, Haynes, Barton, JPJ or Zinter I'm not gonna be impressed.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Still not making IOL a priority? To do the same thing over & over and expect a different result, is insanity. If we don't come out of this draft with Beebe, Haynes, Barton, JPJ or Zinter I'm not gonna be impressed.

Talk to JS about it!!! I have similar thoughts on not prioritizing IOL. I tend to do Seahawks mocks on JS past draft tendencies. I'm not going to put up a final mock that doesn't align with how JS drafts.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
The problem is, js will draft some bum OG way to high. I’ve said it before, his proven track record, is he is a terrible OL evaluator and drafted.

If he doesn’t get this draft right, I’d bet this is his last draft as GM.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
The problem is, js will draft some bum OG way to high. I’ve said it before, his proven track record, is he is a terrible OL evaluator and drafted.

I tend to agree for his earlier career here. But he has done better the past few drafts. 2020 he took Damien Lewis which was probably the better guard in that draft, him and Jonah Jackson despite being unspectacular. Seems like they hit on Abraham Lucas as a 3rd rounder. And despite Cross not being that guy yet, he pretty much was the consensus LT pick there and has panned out better or as good as the rest in that draft outside of Tyler Smith who the Cowboys got at pick #24.

Olu Olu and Bradford are yet to be determined but they were both late round picks anyway.

The only real mistake he made between 2020 - 2023 drafts was passing on Creed Humphrey when he had a chance.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score

It’s not that Schnieder cant evaluate IOL he just doesn’t prioritize the position he has recently said he can find guards anywhere. I don’t agree with the idea. I share the same beliefs that the Harbaugh brothers do value both sides of the trench. My guess if the Hawks draft OL it will be in the 4th rd

CactusJack

Reaction score

The bigger problem was Tom Cable. He had a big influence on who they took & most of them we're flops. The Raiders had the same issues when he coached for them.

They don't value the IOL & haven’t spent high draft capital on interior linemen. But a lot of it has been the input of coaches over the year's (Cable, Solari).

CPHawk

Reaction score
The bigger problem was Tom Cable. He had a big influence on who they took & most of them we're flops. The Raiders had the same issues when he coached for them.

They don't value the IOL & haven’t spent high draft capital on interior linemen. But a lot of it has been the input of coaches over the year's (Cable, Solari).
Cable has been gone for a long time now, and still the OL only manages to be a bottom 10 unit every year. What’s worse is we never have a top 15 TE either. Also JS continues to roll out at best the 20th ranked DL. It’s like he ignores the main things for winning in the playoffs, the trenches

CactusJack

Reaction score
Cable has been gone for a long time now, and still the OL only manages to be a bottom 10 unit every year. What’s worse is we never have a top 15 TE either. Also JS continues to roll out at best the 20th ranked DL. It’s like he ignores the main things for winning in the playoffs, the trenches
I agree. They haven't made it more of a priority like they should. But Cable was also here for a good stretch & alot of those picks never panned out.

I don't like their approach either. But they really haven't spent much draft capital on the IOL. Damien Lewis was taken in the 3rd round. He was a decent starter. Phil Haynes & Anthony Bradford were both taken in the 4th. Pocic was a Cable guy.

Last edited:

Latest posts