My off-season wishlist

bellingerga

Reaction score
So here is my wishlist going into this next off season and what I hope to see the team accomplish.

Replace Leroy Hill and Marcus Trufant. Love the guys, and they're the only remnants left of our great run to the superbowl but the game has passed them both by in my opinion, both of them have been a liability when on the field, most of the year. Would also like to see maybe 1 solid late pick for linebacker depth too. I really trust that Pete and John can get us quality depth as usual past the first few rounds. They are second to none in talent evaluation.

Next up, we need a reliable, durable, true #1 Wide Reciever. Someone that can always be counted on. We need that guy that can just move the chains whenever it needs to be done. I still think our current WR's are pretty darn good and Sidney has #1 talent, but he's just unreliable, and there's always that injury risk with him though this year he did manage to pull through for us, instead of riding the pine.

At this point I'm comfortable saying that Bruce Irvin needs to have either a different role, or at the very least only be in on pass rush downs. We need a dominant DE that can pass rush and run stop. Of course thats on just about everyones wish list, but I think that would have made all the difference this year from us losing today, to us winning in the superbowl. I think this might be our absolute #1 need. Could use some interior rush.

Finally, atleast one more Offensive linemen, I'm as far from sold on sweezy even being a backup Oline, as I possibly can be. I'm over the sweezy project.

So what say you fellow hawk fans? I Think with as much as they've accomplished every year through the draft and minimal free agency participation, that it's conceivable we make some moves in every single one of these areas of concern, and with as much talent and depth as we have now it sure gives the Front office alot of freedom to go after their guys. The guys they want most.

Anyone care to add or subtract from my list, lets hear it.

Erebus

Reaction score
I agree with your goals, and I would add trading Matt Flynn to free up cap room and gain an extra pick (hoping for a 4th, would accept a 5th). Here's how I would prioritize the goals in free agency and the draft:

1. Sign Henry Melton in free agency. Might only be possible after trading Flynn.
2. Draft a DE in the 1st round, hopefully Ezekiel Ansah.
3. Draft a WR in the 2nd round. While I would love to add a 1st round talent WR, I think DE is a bigger need and warrants the use of our 1st round pick. And with Schneider having spent time in GB, I assume he would follow the GB model and wait till the 2nd round for a WR.
4. Draft an OLB to replace Hill in the 3rd round. I have faith in PC/JS to find a good OLB in the 3rd.
5. Draft an offensive lineman in the 4th round. He doesn't need to be someone that can start right away, so this is a good round to find a guy with a lot of upside that needs developed.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
There have been rumblings that Percy Harvin wants out of Minnesota. He's a player i would love to get and would be PERFECT for the Hawks, imo. If we could get him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Then there are a couple of DT's (Stark, and the dude from Chicago i think?) who i'd like to look at.

I'd love to go into the draft without any huge needs and just let Pete and John work their magic.

rsm650

Reaction score
I bet we will get some free agent DL/WR who's expected to start and be an impact on our team, then draft some random DL/WR guy deep in the draft for the position that we don't need anymore.

As for my wish list (similar to yours):
-Produce beast defensive linemen, similar to our "Legion of Boom." Having all 4 linemen constantly bringing pressure would help out our secondary immensely. I guess we could call these guys the "Legion of Zoom." Lol.
-Have a superb go-to guy at wide receiver for Wilson. If the opponent starts shutting him down, we can look to our other good receivers.
-Add some depth to our offensive line. I know that we've been a little shaky in the draft about this, but we're bound to strike gold sometime, right?
-Sign an undrafted kicker or draft him in the later rounds. I know Hauschka is decent and will be better when he recovers, but it never hurts if we start another competition and find out we have superstar kicker. Maybe he could have made the 65 yarder today!

I haven't been paying much attention to draft prospects/free agents before (I totally thought the Hawks would win this game), so sorry if I can't come up with any names.

chihawk

Reaction score
Percy Harvin would be great. I would give up a 2nd for him.
Dwayne Bowe will be available too, but I think he is about the only elite WR that will be on the market....that means big money.

Fred Davis is another interesting potential FA. Team him up with Miller and the offense could be similar to NE....no true, elite WR, just spread the ball around.
Davis was also a USC guy under Carrol, so that could help attract him.

Erebus

Reaction score
chihawk":177zl187 said:
Dwayne Bowe will be available too, but I think he is about the only elite WR that will be on the market....that means big money.

I believe the market will also include Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, and Mike Wallace. And the draft has a lot of WRs too, so that should hurt the market for all WRs.

pehawk

Reaction score
Mike Wallace would be perfect. He's been playing with a QB who extends plays, 5 seconds at a time, his entire pro career. He's the only WR I'd go after.

Chawker

Reaction score
First move Red Bryant to DT so we can push the pocket, Mebane needs to go. Trade Bruce Irvin to the jets for their first round pick,maybe have em throw in something extra.
Draft a DE to replace Bryant, 270- 290lbs ranger, then draft a real good pass catching TE , WR & OLB bring Clemons back. the rest is just fluff.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Chawker":174plgwe said:
First move Red Bryant to DT so we can push the pocket, Mebane needs to go. Trade Bruce Irvin to the jets for their first round pick,maybe have em throw in something extra.
Draft a DE to replace Bryant, 270- 290lbs ranger, then draft a real good pass catching TE , WR & OLB bring Clemons back. the rest is just fluff.

Mebane is a better pass rusher then Big Red. I'm not sure what you're solving there.

SDHawk

Reaction score
Free Agent Targets:

Henry Melton, DT or Desmond Bryant, DT or Richard Seymour, DT
Mike Wallace, WR or Greg Jennings, WR
Jared Cook, TE or Fred Davis, TE
Tavaris Jackson, QB or Drew Stanton, QB or Jason Campbell, QB

Trade:

Matt Flynn, QB
for 3rd Rounder

Draft:

1. Khaseem Greene, OLB
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1724998/khaseem-greene
[youtube]T1VePxDCLdU[/youtube]

2. Kawann Short, DT
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1631164/kawann-short
[youtube]tljz8vIcdkc[/youtube]

3. Jordan Hill, DT
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1703048/jordan-hill
[youtube]rWFZ2PKWJ8s[/youtube]

3. Jared Abbrederis, WR
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1785868
[youtube]zGWXphHFTaY[/youtube]

4. Ricky Wagner, OT/G
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1695592/rick-wagner
[youtube]6hPpZAl7m6Q[/youtube]

5. Nathan Williams, DE/OLB
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/play ... n-williams
[youtube]LnImG_6vyZE[/youtube]

6. Denard Robinson, KR/RB
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664499/denard-robinson
[youtube]IAJvrMLURik[/youtube]

==================
Depth Chart Offense
==================

QB: Russell Wilson | Tavaris Jackson** | Denard Robinson*
WR1: Sidney Rice | Jared Abbrederis*
WR2: Mike Wallace** | Jared Abbrederis*
WR3: Golden Tate | Doug Baldwin | Denard Robinson*
TE: Zach Miller | Jared Cook** | Anthony McCoy
FB: Michael Robinson
RB: Marshawn Lynch | Robert Turbin | Leon Washington | Denard Robinson*

LT: Russell Okung
LG: Paul McQuistan | Ricky Wagner*
C: Max Unger | Lemuel Jeanpierre
RG: JR Sweezy | Ricky Wagner*
RT: Breno Giacomini

=================
Depth Chart Defense
=================

LDE: Red Bryant | Greg Scruggs
LDT: Henry Melton** | Jordan Hill*
RDT: Brandon Mebane | Kawann Short*
RDE: Chris Clemons | Bruce Irvin | Nathan Williams*

LOLB: Khaseem Greene* | Malcolm Smith
MLB: Bobby Wagner
ROLB: K.J. Wright | Mike Morgan

LCB: Richard Sherman | Byron Maxwell
SS: Kam Chancellor | Jeron Johnson
FS: Earl Thomas | Chris Maragos
RCB: Brandon Browner | Jeremy Lane
Nickel: Jeremy Lane | Byron Maxwell
Dime: Byron Maxwell

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ugh....armchair GM's.... it's not fantasy football or Madden 2013.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2k3bedfh said:

Yea guys, stop throwing out your idea's, opinions and thoughts on an internet message board! Idiots!

pinksheets

Reaction score
Doesn't Red play DE because he wasn't working out at DT? I've heard the notion of moving him back inside from a few people and don't really understand it.

SDHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3dra5pcc said:
Jazzhawk":3dra5pcc said:

Yea guys, stop throwing out your idea's, opinions and thoughts on an internet message board! Idiots!

Lol, right on. Thanks

pehawk":3dra5pcc said:
Dig it SDHawk

Thanks!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
My offseason wish is that Y'all stay healthy and positive. Seahawks will improve in the off season GUARANTEED. They have a great little general with huge kahonas and a never-die attitude.

Axx

Reaction score
1. A JJ Watt / Justin Smith caliber defensive end
2. a monster at DT
3. I want gus bradley to get hired by Chicago or Philly, i dont remember whos interviewing him, either way i want him gone.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bowe is not very fast and he is known for not having a very good work ethic.

He is a big name, but there's a reason why he is going to be available. He puts up good numbers because he is basically the only decent receiving option they have in KC since Gonzalez left and they just feed him the ball. A few of big games, and then games where he disappears. They have been trying to find other players to put around him for a while, including drafting Jon Baldwin in the 1st last year. I don't see how he would improve the Hawks that much. We need someone to stretch the field, and he is not it.

Tical21

Reaction score
I LOVE Percy Harvin. LOVE. Certified Man-crush. But as far along as Golden has come, and how much cheaper he is, I don't know that I would pay that much money AND give up a high draft pick to replace him. If you want to replace Sidney, that's another conversation, but then you're essentially making Percy Harvin the highest paid WR in the NFL by a good margin. Just dunno that it makes sense. Would be pretty cool though.
I think our top 3 WR's are one of the better groups in the NFL. Don't know that I would throw that many more resources into it at the moment. I concede we don't have a true legit #1, but I also am not sure that we throw enough to need one.

My wish list is for a very good offensive lineman, and a very good LB. Preferably a middle so we can move Wagner outside to try and become more of a playmaker type.

I don't think Tru will be here. It will be Thurmond/Lane competing for the nickel job.

Need to keep Tom Cable somehow.

The young guys need to keep improving.