My theory on the Kam holdout

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm sure the Cary Williams payday added more fuel to the fire. The BMax payday was most likely an initial catalyst.
No sympathy for Kam here. Our FO gave him a contract that many thought overvalued him at the time.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Inactive again today.

Is he holding out in a different way now?

All seems very strange.

Subzero717

Reaction score
It really doesnt matter why to me. He did and it cost the team. How much we will never know but Id venture to say we would have won in St Louis in the opener is a safe bet. He hasnt played all that well this year and I wouldnt be suprised if he was gone next year. In hindsight if the NYG did call him for Collins and a pick would have been awesome.

JPatera76

Reaction score
How convenient for Kam. He gets his money, makes a statement all while milking it from an injury.

Idk pretty far fetched tbh. But then again I wouldn't have expected him to pull his stunt of sitting out at the start either. So I guess anything is possible.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think they are holding Kam out to have him healthy for the playoffs.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":y450yi8m said:
Who really cares why he held out?

He did, and one can reasonably argue that it cost us a couple of wins, which cost the team a realistic chance at a first round bye.

That's how I'll remember Kam's holdout.
This. I'm not sure I can totally forgive him for this. Not to mention he hasn't played anywhere near what we've come to expect from him. To me, that completely mitigates any argument that he outplayed his contract previously.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Throwdown":3mkloy6g said:
Being said I still don't understand... Williams was TRASH in Philly what possessed them to make that move is beyond me.

My theory is that he played well for Baltimore, and they were hoping that with coaching, they could get the Ravens version of Williams. It's not like the coaching staff hasn't coached up guys before and improved production. It's also not realistic to think that they can improve every player.

Couple that with the fact that the FA market was think for CB's and the top guys got paid and we couldn't afford them. I also don't believe they thought they could rely on Simon staying healthy. Add all this up, and I get why they did it, but am still disappointed in the results. I also believe they could've paid Williams less and still got him.

As for Chancellor, some theories floated out there that he was hiding an injury or was worried about his health. Whether or not that's true, it ended up being true this year. Let's just hope he's snake bit, if not, last year will be his last with us and we're looking for a replacement.

Latest posts