NBA looking good in the playoffs.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
People that complain about the NBA just sound bitter. It's so easy to find them around the Seattle area. Just look at the poster who compared it to WWE. Because the NFL is so much better? Hasn't Brady, Big Ben or RW been in like 90% of the SB's the last 15 years? The NFL isn't all that much different in terms of play. You can't touch a QB, no more big hits, a flag can be thrown on nearly any play.

There are a lot of reasons why you don't get parity in the NBA. For one it is a 7 game series. The better team is going to win the longer the series is. Which is why you see upsets in March Madness or the NFL Playoffs. Also, a dominant player like LeBron, Kobe or Jordan can impact the game more than any sport. Which is why superstars rule the NBA and why many think it's foolish to pay max money to a MLB player who can really only come to the plate as much as the worst guy in the lineup. Just like how a QB can touch the ball on every offensive play, a basketball player can not only touch the ball on every offensive play but he can impact the game on the defensive end too.

The main problem with today's NBA are the super teams. LeBron is going up against a team with 4 all-stars, and two of them have been MVP before. It's going to be a terrible finals, but this is a weird season. The Cavs weren't suppose to be this awful. Watch out next season when Boston is fully healthy, they are young and talented. Should be interesting to see where LeBron decides to go or if chooses to stay.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1l4u2fpg said:
People that complain about the NBA just sound bitter. It's so easy to find them around the Seattle area. Just look at the poster who compared it to WWE. Because the NFL is so much better? Hasn't Brady, Big Ben or RW been in like 90% of the SB's the last 15 years? The NFL isn't all that much different in terms of play. You can't touch a QB, no more big hits, a flag can be thrown on nearly any play.

Yes. The NFL is leaps and bounds better.

First of all, no one expects to see the same 2 teams in the Super Bowl every year and we don't. Sure, NE has been to a lot of Super Bowls in the past 15 years, but they've played a different team almost every time, gone 10 years in between wins, and the games have always been very close, entertaining games.

Did anyone expect the Eagles to make it to the Super Bowl and beat the Brady/Belichick Patriots with a backup QB leading the team? When was the last time something like that happened in the NBA?

Did anyone (outside of Seattle) expect the Seahawks to make it to the Super Bowl and beat the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL led by Payton Manning? When was the last time a great defense shut down a great offense in the NBA?

Finally, of course a flag can be thrown on any play. Players can commit penalties on any play. Your other 2 points are just plain wrong. I see plenty of big hits and I see plenty of hits on QBs every single Sunday during the season. That last one is just weird coming from a fellow Seahawks fan. We've seen Russ get pummeled for what seems like years now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1p73q9ve said:
IndyHawk":1p73q9ve said:
Threedee":1p73q9ve said:
One way to feed the cynicism is for the Celtics and Rockets to go down in the exact same manner. Houston with 27 consecutive missed three point attempts is a bit ridiculous. They should test for stupid pills.
Thats just dumb basketball to keep wasting shots on a low % shot.. That is the game these days
let's just rain three's and hope we make more than them :pukeface:

They had no choice. Houston has no mid-range game. Especially with Chris Paul out.
What?A pro team cannot play any other way with one guy out?I thought today's
players were supposed to be elite..They can't play D and just shoot 3's..
Sounds like a basic game plan for 6th grade.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Chapow":3mxwnb2l said:
Hawk-Lock":3mxwnb2l said:

Yes. The NFL is leaps and bounds better.

First of all, no one expects to see the same 2 teams in the Super Bowl every year and we don't. Sure, NE has been to a lot of Super Bowls in the past 15 years, but they've played a different team almost every time, gone 10 years in between wins, and the games have always been very close, entertaining games.

Did anyone expect the Eagles to make it to the Super Bowl and beat the Brady/Belichick Patriots with a backup QB leading the team? When was the last time something like that happened in the NBA?

Did anyone (outside of Seattle) expect the Seahawks to make it to the Super Bowl and beat the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL led by Payton Manning? When was the last time a great defense shut down a great offense in the NBA?

Finally, of course a flag can be thrown on any play. Players can commit penalties on any play. Your other 2 points are just plain wrong. I see plenty of big hits and I see plenty of hits on QBs every single Sunday during the season. That last one is just weird coming from a fellow Seahawks fan. We've seen Russ get pummeled for what seems like years now.

Of course there is more parity in the NFL, it is set up that way. My point was that the person who said the NBA is like WWE, you can say the same for the NFL. But I laid out a ton of reasons in my previous post as to why there is less parity in the NBA. Superstars rule and dominate the league and can do so for a long time. Also the seven game series has a lot to do with it. If it were a one game elimination the Cavs wouldn't even be in the finals. Actually they wouldn't have made it past the Pacers in the first round.

If you measure a sport by its parity, then yeah NFL is much better. But I don't agree with the idea that the same teams are in the finals every year means bad business for the NBA. It's only bad when the finals aren't competitive. Everyone was loving the finals a couple years ago when the Cavs could compete with GS. The problem right now is that the Warriors are so much better than the next team.

OP
OP
seahawkfreak

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yeah this sucks! 4 yrs straight and both the same teams are in the finals and probably should have lost in the conference finals this year. Give em credit for experience and pulling the wins out. Really wanted to enjoy basket ball to the end of the playoffs though.

Have fun Cleveland and GS because no one else cares.

Don't we start the Seahawk 99 day count down today? That is exciting.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Playoffs are the only time basketball is even worth watching to me (but I am also not a big fan of the sport in general). No more complete garbage teams, or best players resting. The season is too long, and talent level overall is still very bad.

Seeing the same teams in the finals for the 4th consecutive year is absolutely awful, but the conference finals were somewhat entertaining.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This championship series is going to be same as the past 4 years.....boring. There's zero parity in the NBA and it absolutely sucks to watch. The game isn't even a team sport anymore.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":11keviz4 said:
NBA is the most fake sport in the world.

Everytime I think the NFL is getting bad, all I have to do is watch an NBA game to realize that the NFL is not nearly as far gone as it could be... maybe it will be one day, but the NBA is 100% fake. 100% scripted.

You can't watch even 5 minutes of an NBA game without seeing it for the total fraud it is.

I see no difference between pro basketball and pro wrestling to be honest... fake punches and piledrivers, vs alley oops and jams. They don't even bother dribbling the basketball anymore. Traveling simply doesn't exist unless it's convenient for an official to use to give the team they want to win an extra few possessions.

I keep waiting for Lebron to climb up on the backboard and jump down like Hulk Hogan. The whole thing is so ridiculous.

Who here actually believed they would let Boston win game 7?

I have an easier time suspending disbelief in a theater watching an over the top Marvel movie than I do watching the NBA...

I'm not one to watch any NBA outtside of the playoffs, but after watching game 1 of the finals, many of these observations apply, imo.

That was about ridiculous on many counts.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":213d9bnx said:
Cavs got royalty screwed by the refs tonight.

How's that? Lebron's block? He was still moving and slightly elevated just before contact. It was the correct call and confirmed after review.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":3ilkngrl said:
Hawk-Lock":3ilkngrl said:

How's that? Lebron's block? He was still moving and slightly elevated just before contact. It was the correct call and confirmed after review.

I think a lot of folks were questioning why it was reviewed at all. The ref said there was doubt about being in the circle (and used that to overturn the charge), but Lebron was a couple feet out at least, and their wasn’t a disagreement in what was called on the court (charge). It looked like all refs called it the same?

For the NFL, It would kind of be like reviewing an incomplete pass and then changing the call to pass interference. If you are going to review, it’s a specific element of the play, not go snooping for anything else that might have happened differently than you saw it in real time.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1bvbbtf7 said:
Hawk-Lock":1bvbbtf7 said:

Everyone is talking about the reversed call, which I didn't agree with. However there was a sequence late in the game where LeBron got stripped and was clearly fouled and no call. The next time down the court for GS LeBron stripped KD and was called for a foul. It was a clean strip. Basically three huge plays that went against Cleveland late in the game. If one of those calls go in favor of Cleveland they likely win the game.

Here are the two plays I'm talking about, they are both in the video. I think they happened on consecutive plays.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/herseynba/status/1002467412531392512[/tweet]

I had no rooting interest in the game, I just felt the Warriors got a lot of favorable calls.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Horrible Finals (after the first game) but I'm still happy for Steve Kerr, a Seahawks fan who says his coaching philosophy was inspired by Pete Carroll. Kerr even plays music during Warriors practices.

B71980b868854605f935a9d3e220698a