NBA Playoffs

JSeahawks

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2gu4ma6e said:
JSeahawks":2gu4ma6e said:
The way Ginobli has played the last 2 games has me seriously wondering if he's throwing the series. Like some Argentinian gangster got to him or something.

He has been especially bonkers right at the end of the last couple games, I noticed that as well. He didn't seem to ever have a plan and realized it after he left the ground.

My boy LaMichael James agrees (notice the wonderful grammar from that quality U of O education):

LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames 39m
Ginobli be point shaving

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Throwdown":2ztrzddv said:
dontbelikethat":2ztrzddv said:
Happy for Lebron and Ray Allen :D!

Nothing for Rashard huh? Lol

Who?!?!

Sike, I'm happy for all the former sonics :D!

Gotta prepare to fork up an extra $30 for a pair of lebron's now :(.

niveky

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3brtisci said:
AbsolutNET":3brtisci said:
JSeahawks":3brtisci said:
The way Ginobli has played the last 2 games has me seriously wondering if he's throwing the series. Like some Argentinian gangster got to him or something.

He has been especially bonkers right at the end of the last couple games, I noticed that as well. He didn't seem to ever have a plan and realized it after he left the ground.

My boy LaMichael James agrees (notice the wonderful grammar from that quality U of O education):

LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames 39m
Ginobli be point shaving

Because it couldn't be 15 years of professional basketball played at the highest levels each and every year combined with the fact he is 35 years old and he is an old 35. Maybe if he hadn't burned the midnight oil so much playing summer basketball so many years, he would have had more in the tank the last few years. 1 Olympic gold medal, 3 championship rings, 2 all star-selections and a sixth man award is a resume that most players would be highly envious of. Regardless of the flop hate, if he was just a flopper and had no skills he would have been out of the league long ago.

The reality is that he has been one of the best players ever at his position, no i'm not saying a top 5 or whatever, so hold onto your britches..but he has been(yeah i know a lot of you are thinking he is a has been) the best player on the court many times in his career when his A game was on. Without all of his talent and skill where would the Spurs have turned to for all of the clutch decisions and shots he contributed to the Championships they won in those moments when Duncan/Parker and other players were not effective. He has taken over many a game.

It is my hope that if this is Manu until he leaves the game that he refocuses on the areas he works on so that way he can eliminate the many stupid mistakes he can be credited for in these playoffs. If he can willingly do something similar to what Robinson did when Duncan came in, I believe he can still be a solid contributor for this team. Leonard has taken over what he was to this team, but I think they can still use him if he gets his head straight.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, that.

Adding.... With the hope that if he doesn't want to hang it up, yet, he doesn't expect to keep being the highest paid dude on the team. I could be all for Manu remaining a perma-Spur, but the cost/benefit analysis has to at least SEEM to work out.

Free agency year, Manu.

niveky

Reaction score
TravTex":n17q4zen said:
Yeah, that.

Adding.... With the hope that if he doesn't want to hang it up, yet, he doesn't expect to keep being the highest paid dude on the team. I could be all for Manu remaining a perma-Spur, but the cost/benefit analysis has to at least SEEM to work out.

Free agency year, Manu.

He has always had that mental resilience needed to sustain continued success in the NBA. The way that it looks like age hit him full force this year may just be a challenge he hasn't been able to adjust to yet. He was injured at the absolute worse time, you can't get up to speed in the playoffs...but as he said he felt the best he'd felt all year and if he was playing bad, he was just playing bad. I think that these playoffs have probably left too much of a bad taste in his mouth to just hang it up now, even if it might be a significant battle. He won't want to go out on his teammates like that. Not with the kind of competitor he is. I am taking it year by year for sure, but I feel about 99% certain he will be back with the Spurs next season, and he'll figure out a way to make big contributions to the team, even if he has to humble himself and find a new fit for himself, a new role on the team.

TravTex

Reaction score
Y'all be happy. I'll be over here all wailing with despair.

Also... Danny Green. Dude. Why you gotta be hanging out at the fricking Heat after party?

Anyway, onward to the hoop off-season. Spurs need a combo guard who can score, and a big dude. What fate Ginobli? What's the market for Splitter? What's a realistic scenario? Jarrett Jack + Speights, Tyreke Evans + Dwight Howard? (Heh.)

Bellinari? Hell, he kinda looks like Manu...

niveky

Reaction score
TravTex":22u9ea2v said:
Y'all be happy. I'll be over here all wailing with despair.

Also... Danny Green. Dude. Why you gotta be hanging out at the fricking Heat after party?

Anyway, onward to the hoop off-season. Spurs need a combo guard who can score, and a big dude. What fate Ginobli? What's the market for Splitter? What's a realistic scenario? Jarrett Jack + Speights, Tyreke Evans + Dwight Howard? (Heh.)

Bellinari? Hell, he kinda looks like Manu...

I was already thinking myself that the Spurs should be looking at another Center and/or Power Forward with size. Another shooting guard for sure. Neal and Green have been good but I think they need more consistency and adding another body could at least push them. Cory Joseph is looking like he could definitely be a solid player but I don't think it would hurt to kick the tires on another back up point guard the Spurs front office feel could fit what the the team needs. I don't know who all will be available in free agency, and hopefully they will have a couple of good players fall to them in the draft.

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, it probably won't be a dramatic free agent splash move, because boring old Spurs. They'll get some relative unknown and turn him into a superstar in a few years. Fun to speculate, even though being a Spurs fan doesn't reward impatience or a taste for spectacle.

niveky

Reaction score
TravTex":1rpexhv5 said:
Yeah, it probably won't be a dramatic free agent splash move, because boring old Spurs. They'll get some relative unknown and turn him into a superstar in a few years. Fun to speculate, even though being a Spurs fan doesn't reward impatience or a taste for spectacle.

Yeah, but with the Spurs, they have proven that even if no one else thinks they are splash moves, everyone that matters notices when their team is on the court. Talking about the offseason....Splitter has really grown on me, and in the earlier rounds he did play some great basketball and has been a good player for them as he has grown into a role on the team....but the finals...ugh....I was yelling to get him off the court every time I saw him the last two games. I kept wishing they would put Blair instead of him if they had to spell Duncan.

Latest posts