New Offensive Coordinator Idea

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":1u43agmh said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1u43agmh said:
dogorama":1u43agmh said:
Except for one thing, there are professionals around the league that don't regard him as a good OC. I get how our opinions don't matter much but how about theirs? We could have won 13-14 games this year without him going into a protect mode with a lead. He started some as early as the 3rd qtr!

Have you spoken to these professionals then?

And quite frankly -- who cares what the rest of the league thinks anyway? Do you trust them more than Pete Carroll?

That's the absurd nature of this argument.

And your final sentence is a classic example of the 'Blame Bevell... Anyone but Bevell' mindset I was talking about. Thank you for providing me with a perfect illustration of it.

You're absolutely right, next time you think you have a serious physical ailment don't consult a professional because who cares what a professional thinks?

Terrible counter argument.

I think Marvin needs help in the NFL forum.

dogorama

Reaction score
"Really" I will give you an example: each year the fans vote all pro in one poll and players vote on their fellow players. Which one do you think the players respect the most? You're like the guy who thinks he makes his case best because he yells the loudest, LOL.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":3dp165g1 said:
"Really" I will give you an example: each year the fans vote all pro in one poll and players vote on their fellow players. Which one do you think the players respect the most? You're like the guy who thinks he makes his case best because he yells the loudest, LOL.

This literally makes zero sense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":p3hkdewh said:
Good lord no...not Kiffen.

Bevell isn't going anywhere. I am not his biggest fan but we could do worse. I think the reason he starts off so vanilla is that he tries the simplest risk free gameplay and then if that doesn't work moves on from there. There is a reason we have been in every game since he became OC. The Carolina game was the first game where things spun out of control so quickly that we couldn't adjust in time.
I agree.
Being a 10:00 AM game in the East was a big slow start factor.
Russell Wilson is known for not making the same mistake twice, & hopefully, Bevell won't be repeating with his mistakes.
Oh and, as for Players being disgruntled about Coaches not being held to the always compete standards set by Pete, Offensive coordinators aren't the ones blowing their assignments, and not executing the plays.
Oh and Welcome aboard Hey-Suse :16:

dogorama

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3ohst25k said:
dogorama":3ohst25k said:

This literally makes zero sense.

It makes "zero" sense to have more respect for the opinion of professionals who make their living playing the game than those who are mere spectators? I hope to God you aren't in any kind of position where you need to make responsible decisions.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":lpz5nc17 said:
It makes "zero" sense to have more respect for the opinion of professionals who make their living playing the game than those who are mere spectators? I hope to God you aren't in any kind of position where you need to make responsible decisions.

Which professionals?

You haven't named any.

I respect Pete Carroll's opinion on who he wants to coordinate his offense.

You clearly don't.

mort

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1jsbt9wt said:
dogorama":1jsbt9wt said:

Which professionals?

You haven't named any.

You clearly don't.
We barb back and forth playing checkers, I trust they'd all playing chess.

dogorama

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16urjhpn said:
dogorama":16urjhpn said:

Which professionals?

You haven't named any.

You clearly don't.

I quoted an article earlier about who was considered the top-ten OC's in the NFL and no one mentioned Bevell who is OC of arguably the most talented team in the league. I have read tons of articles listing top OC's and he's never mentioned. His biggest claim to fame is making the worst call in the history of the NFL. Everyone knows that PC is a defense minded coach who prefers a conservative mistake free offense but without a competent oline and RB it stalls drives where we can't convert third downs. We saw the result of that the first half of the season. Everyone here thinks Bevell was responsible for RW's late season success but it was because we went away from his offense, not because of it, and then let RW be the dynamic player he is.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ah right.

'Articles'.

Let's put our faith in those instead of Pete Carroll.

What a thoroughly hopeless argument.

dogorama

Reaction score
It's a hopeless argument because outside of smart-ass remarks you have no argument. It's a football message board where opinions are exchanged, not a place where you pretend to be the exclusive bastion of knowledge.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'll put my faith in the rest of the Seahawks.net community on this one as to who doesn't have a case...

Davidess

Reaction score
I Actually don't buy the "we stopped running Bevels offense we let RW be this Dynamic playmaker"

Ive watched those "Mic'd up" segments. One in particular was when RW overthrew Lockett on a sure TD. RW was on the bench with Bevel going over that play. the convo went something like this

RW: Ah man I had him
Bevell: yeah, just gotta step up into the pocket.
RW: Couldve been a touchdown
(probably my favorite part of this because Bevel stares at him almost in a disappointed father figure way and says)
Bevell: Yeah it could've been.

RW has started to step up into the pocket in the second half of the season instead of retreating to the outside like he was prone to do. Bevel is an excellent play caller, he is not the one out there making throws, he calls the plays and RW is given the option to audible, because weve seen it so its not like Bevel sits there and goes "alright Russ, you're running just this play" RW brings a set of plays into the huddle and is able change it at the line.

blaming Bevel or hell any OC for every offensive problem is a cop out. now that doesn't mean that all OC's are absolved but not all of them can be blamed. Bevel calls some good plays a lot of them have to be executed. game day isn't a walk through practice, he cant be out there going okay Russ throw...NOW..or Doug..fake here and go...THERE..

This offense has been ranked in the top 10 the last couple years under bevel..so im sticking to him.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Davidess":3831gqbr said:
I Actually don't buy the "we stopped running Bevels offense we let RW be this Dynamic playmaker"

Ive watched those "Mic'd up" segments. One in particular was when RW overthrew Lockett on a sure TD. RW was on the bench with Bevel going over that play. the convo went something like this

(probably my favorite part of this because Bevel stares at him almost in a disappointed father figure way and says)

RW has started to step up into the pocket in the second half of the season instead of retreating to the outside like he was prone to do. Bevel is an excellent play caller, he is not the one out there making throws, he calls the plays and RW is given the option to audible, because weve seen it so its not like Bevel sits there and goes "alright Russ, you're running just this play" RW brings a set of plays into the huddle and is able change it at the line.

blaming Bevel or hell any OC for every offensive problem is a cop out. now that doesn't mean that all OC's are absolved but not all of them can be blamed. Bevel calls some good plays a lot of them have to be executed. game day isn't a walk through practice, he cant be out there going okay Russ throw...NOW..or Doug..fake here and go...THERE..

This offense has been ranked in the top 10 the last couple years under bevel..so im sticking to him.

Any reason you're still going with the old comatose hawk as an avatar?

Davidess

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":38m06jj5 said:
Davidess":38m06jj5 said:

haha. I honestly like the retro look. figured there wouldn't be much of that logo on here so i thought "Dave, lets be a little different"

I had never heard it called the Comatose hawk though haha.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bevell gets the benefit of the doubt from me...especially after this season. In the same way an offensive line can limit QB's effectiveness, so too can it affect the called plays. Most everyone in here already knows that, but the ones who incessantly bash Bevell choose ignore it. More than once, we've all seen what Russ can do when his chains are removed. Well, the chains were removed from Bevell, so to speak, at the halfway point id the season and he suddenly looks pretty capable.

His knowledge and experience might go a bit further than just drawing up plays. He was the starting QB for the Wisconsin Badgers back in the day. Led them to a 10-1-1 record, Big 10 championship and a Rose Bowl victory. Set several team records on the way.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The panthers are built very similarly to the Hawks and I believe our offense could be as dynamic with better Oline performance. I like to think Bevel could open things up more if he had confidence in our protection holding up.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":37fvu88h said:

Could it be the same reason you are at the top of yours?

dogorama

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":txxwpa4l said:
Ah right.

'Articles'.

It's not about "articles" it's about a general consensus around the league. By people who know what they are talking about i.e. not you. But we don't want to have our own opinions do we? I bet you made a great hall monitor.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":2c5yll7z said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2c5yll7z said:
Ah right.

'Articles'.

It's not about "articles" it's about a general consensus around the league. By people who know what they are talking about i.e. not you. But we don't want to have our own opinions do we? I bet you made a great hall monitor.

Let's throw it open then to Seahawks.net....

Who do you trust more?

Pete Carroll

Or the people in dogorama's 'articles'?