Next up: Giants

WmHBonney

Reaction score
iigakusei":u4k27n0a said:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20991526/new-york-giants-cornerback-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-suspended-team
Sounds like a one game suspension for now....
Either way, internal strife for them is a good thing for the 'Hawks.

irocdave

Reaction score
Before the biggest millennial poster child was carted off the field crying like a little girl I knew the Hawks were going to curb stomp the Gi iants. All this crap about them being good and on the rise is just smoke and mirrors. That team has been bad for 5 years. Eli is a coat tail rider, he cant carry a team, never has. He is not his older brother, not even close.

Hawks are going to get up on the Giants early and coast. The injuries to their WR corp just solidifies my take on the next game. The Giants were not as good as the media has attempted to portray (go figure, largest media market) and the Hawks players know what town they will be playing in. Hawks are much more prepared to play in front of a huge audience than the Giants are. Look for Sherman to have a huge game, it's the stage he lives for.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think we have the confidence yet for any game to be a trap game yet. I think we're still searching for our identity and this will be just another game to build upon the last game. I think if we win the next 3, the Card game will definitely be a trap game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1fogfix6 said:
Bobblehead":1fogfix6 said:
I don't think we have the confidence yet for any game to be a trap game yet.
Agreed; but we do have the incompetence for a trap game.

We have the incompetence for a bad game, not a trap game :)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2d5sioqf said:
Well...We do have a pretty long history under Pete Carroll of playing up to AND down to our competition.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5lzk9u5y said:
Bobblehead":5lzk9u5y said:
Well...We do have a pretty long history under Pete Carroll of playing up to AND down to our competition.

Strange huh?

But, yes, you're right, we do have the incompetence to fall into trap games.

RussB

Reaction score
They should dominate. But im not 100% convinced, it always seems like these gimme games always end up turning into a crap shoot that goes fubar.

NJlargent

Reaction score
If you went to the giants Seahawks games in the 80s and 90s and up until 2010 (Which I think was the year we had a late pick six to seal it) in the meadowlands you would understand why I am stressed. Back then we didn't travel and I was always one of five fans in the entire stadium and as i kid that was tough.

Now that I just thought about all those games I hope we destroy them.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I don't see this being an easy game at all. With the way the offense has looked do you really expect them to score a bunch on any halfway competent defense? They have one of the top defensive lines in the league, which is pretty much our kryptonite. The saving grace is that their offensive line is probably worse than ours. They may not score at all, I expect this to look a lot like the Ram's game though overall.

sutz

Reaction score
I just want what I call a "workmanlike" game. Would love to see earlier scoring, of course, not waiting until the second half.

It looks like our D can contain their offense, so if we could put up at least 3 long scoring drives with at least 2 TDs in there, we'll probably be OK. If the D can get a couple of turnovers, with a short field, another 2-3 scores could be possible.

I don't want to see some 9-6 nail-biter abomination, though I would take it and complain minimally. ;)

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":10hdf2sj said:
What's the record for most points scored ever?

I know it was a rhetorical question, but the highest scoring game (both by an individual team and by combined teams) was the 113 points scored in the 1966 Redskins 72 vs Giants 41 game.

I'm sensing a repeat :lol:

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2kv8ezre said:
bigskydoc":2kv8ezre said:
I'm sensing a repeat :lol:
Lol, I'm hanging myself if our defense gives up 42 to the Giants.

Their offense is their weakness, not their defense. Hawk strength is defense not offense. No scoring records are in danger.

RW92

Reaction score
Have tickets for Next Sunday at the Meadowlands. Sitting third row behind the Seahawks bench. I will take some pics and post them and give my best post game analysis as we move forward into the season. After watching Philly last night we need to raise the ladder to continue to compete in the NFC. Fletcher Cox looked unstoppable.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Seymour":x38a2me6 said:
Seafan":x38a2me6 said:
That is a team in a world of hurt. 0-5 and they lost three WRs and a special teams players to injuries today. OBJ out for the season.

Not to mention that Eli is getting abused like a red headed step wife as well. :twisted:
What the hell is a step WIFE? LMAO

step CHILD, brother... step CHILD.

Thanks for the laff. I needed that.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
It was only a few years back that our offense looked out of sync and hopeless, then we went on an east coast trip and scored like 3 50 burgers in a row. The offense caught fire right after that and we picked up momentum for a playoff run. I don't know if that'llhappen again or not but this trip sure does feel like it could start something!