NFL allegedly threatens to fine Lynch 100k

HHawk121

Reaction score
Y'all do know why he doesn't speak to the media right? He used to love talking to the media and he got a lot of his words twisted and used out of context and it soured the buffalo fan base. He then said some things in jest on RRR with MikeRob and the fans mutilated his comment into something negative. Thus you have "All about that action boss"

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
el capitan":3h9wvqej said:
Julius Thomas' fine for an illegal chop block on Calais Campbell that led to Campbell missing half a dozen games - $8,268
Terrell Suggs' fine for a blatantly dirty hit on LeGarrette Blount's legs - $8,268
Bills WR Mike Williams' fine for wearing the wrong color socks - $11,025
Now Lynch is being threatened with a fine of $100,000 for not talking to the media, and the NFL wants us to believe it's obsessed with player safety. BS.
GREAT post!!! Screw Rog, screw his henchmen and screw his total bullshit lawyer speak about "player safety"!!

Donn2390

Reaction score
He agreed to the contract that pays him millions and requires him to talk to the media. He needs to man up and do what he promised when he signed. If $100 K is so meaningless to him, he should talk to the media and then donate the $100 k he saved to a deserving charity.
You can bet if he fails to speak and pays the fine, the fine will be much larger next week. He is in a no win situation. The fans pay his salary and they deserve to hear from the players.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":37tglzqs said:
He agreed to the contract that pays him millions and requires him to talk to the media. He needs to man up and do what he promised when he signed. If $100 K is so meaningless to him, he should talk to the media and then donate the $100 k he saved to a deserving charity.
You can bet if he fails to speak and pays the fine, the fine will be much larger next week. He is in a no win situation. The fans pay his salary and they deserve to hear from the players.
Fines go to charity anyway so........ Derp.

And I could give a shit if I hear anything from him... Just run fast and score lots and I'll be happy.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Bla bla bla.
Same argument we've had before.
Same opinions as last time.

Talk vs Don't talk. I don't care.
I just hope he's healthy,
they provide blocking for him and give him 30 or so carries, and a few passes.

If he gets fined. The fans should pay it for him.
Stir.

Donn2390

Reaction score
CANHawk":1jg2un4l said:
Donn2390":1jg2un4l said:
Then there is no reason for him not to honor his contract and be interviewed. I don't believe he is shy and afraid, he wants to live life on his terms. In this instance that isn't going to work. That is selfish attitude and very unprofessional. If he didn't agree with all of the terms of his contract he should not have signed it.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":3qyxx493 said:
Bla bla bla.
Same argument we've had before.
Same opinions as last time.

Talk vs Don't talk. I don't care.
I just hope he's healthy,
they provide blocking for him and give him 30 or so carries, and a few passes.

If he gets fined. The fans should pay it for him.
:stirthepot:

FIFY...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The problem stems from butt hurt mediots like John Clayton. During Super Bowl week Clayton was very outspoken about Marshawns refusal to speak. He came off sounding like a 15 year old girl complaining about her ex boyfriend. Just do your job. If someone doesn't want to talk find someone who will. Or better yet do a better job of interviewing and stop approaching your job like everyone owes their success to you.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":ahabdf61 said:
CANHawk":ahabdf61 said:
Donn2390":ahabdf61 said:
Then there is no reason for him not to honor his contract and be interviewed. I don't believe he is shy and afraid, he wants to live life on his terms. In this instance that isn't going to work. That is selfish attitude and very unprofessional. If he didn't agree with all of the terms of his contract he should not have signed it.
Lol. K'brah... Your love of "yes, no, I dunno" answers clearly exceeds mine because, if you Force him to talk, that's about all you're going to get. Think Kaepernick on a bad day... Except about 10 times as bad. Think Belichick with a cold. You can't fricken mandate somebody to be Richard Sherman. There are MORE than enough guys in this league who LOVE to talk. Go interview one of them and leave Marshawn alone.

homerun1970

Reaction score
People always do what they say they will in their work contract. I mean we don't have drug testing, discrimination lawyers, or sexual harassment claims. That is all due to the fact that company policy mandates you shall not and people take that as gospel. The view of that as fans we are entitled to be privy to athletes thoughts and time off the field to me is way more selfish than telling the media to screw off. Marshawn's adversity to the media is a learned thing comes from having a media that plays for controversy clicks.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Donn2390":3c82n2f3 said:

Can you show us all the section/clause in his contract that requires him to speak to the media? I'd like to read that.

TVHAWK

Reaction score
OMG- This is soo unbelievable- I love Lynch's onfield contributions but I am sick to death of his Me,Me, I'm so special attitude...He doesn't think rules and regulations apply to him- Why not ?? Isn't he part of this team..Sure, Embarrass the team during superbowl week, Refuse to visit the President, Demand money above your contract.....But everyone knows that players need to be available for interviews- Period.. That fancy Lambo he drives comes from Good performance , and performing All of his required duties including interviews. How out of touch is this guy ?? If you'd offer me 7 million per year, I'd cheerfully do interviews sitting on the toilet.. In my humble opinion, if lynch would just do a couple big interviews all of the demand would stop dead..( Beacon Plumming comes to mind) Get a grip Shawn :les:

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":5zlk8aa6 said:
Donn2390":5zlk8aa6 said:

Can you show us all the section/clause in his contract that requires him to speak to the media? I'd like to read that.

Maybe not in his contract, but probably in the CBA somewhere. It is what it is even as lame as it is.