NFL does it again

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Whether it is the fault of the referees or the rule book, when the phrase "...and (pauses to scan the field) no flags on the play" becomes part of the reflexive, rote commentary following big plays, there is something wrong with the way the game is officiated.

cymatica

Reaction score
bigskydoc":xpzes8wd said:
Whether it is the fault of the referees or the rule book, when the phrase "...and (pauses to scan the field) no flags on the play" becomes part of the reflexive, rote commentary following big plays, there is something wrong with the way the game is officiated.

This. I hear that all game, and every time there is a big play. Would be interesting to compare some broadcasts from ten years ago.

Also, way way too often players are looking for flags. The refs are so much a part of the game now that instead of fighting for the ball or position, many times you see players flailing around with their hands in the air, trying to convince them to make a call.

Clark the shark

Reaction score
I know the nfl will try their hardest to make Dallas the super bowl champs but even then I don't trust their defense at all. 18th ranked defenses dont win championships. They have to be the most vulnerable 1 loss team I've seen. Having a rookie qb doesn't help either even though he has been very good so far. Even though Clairborne is finally somewhat living up to his draft slot I just don't think they have the players on defense to stop either conferences best.