NFL Teams honor contracts

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
scutterhawk":281wgmkz said:
Smelly McUgly":281wgmkz said:
scutterhawk":281wgmkz said:
This much I do believe....... his greed isn't going to net him more money from the Seahawks, and greed is a moral failing.

So is sitting in judgment of others.
Well Mr. holy, this place is FULL of people that are "Sitting In Judgment Of Others", INCLUDING YOU.

Well Mr. Holy, one thing you can't accuse me of doing is accusing others of greed on the internet from my high horse.

We all are imperfect, but there's just something galling about the type of person that is craven enough to make themselves feel better by criticizing someone else's choices in how they handle their employment.

By the way, I'm not judging you. We all say things that are unfairly judgmental sometimes. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to sit here and call people greedy as if you are the moral arbiter of life itself when those same put their own bodies on the line to make their salary, no matter how much that salary is. It's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, this conversation has already gone off the rails. People have been proven wrong about Lynch doing something illegal with his contract. People have been pointed out to be a bit hypocritical about judging others of moral failings. At this point, let's just hope that everything ends up well for both Lynch and the organization.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1sv95kon said:
scutterhawk":1sv95kon said:
Smelly McUgly":1sv95kon said:
scutterhawk":1sv95kon said:
This much I do believe....... his greed isn't going to net him more money from the Seahawks, and greed is a moral failing.

So is sitting in judgment of others.
Well Mr. holy, this place is FULL of people that are "Sitting In Judgment Of Others", INCLUDING YOU.

Well Mr. Holy, one thing you can't accuse me of doing is accusing others of greed on the internet from my high horse.

We all are imperfect, but there's just something galling about the type of person that is craven enough to make themselves feel better by criticizing someone else's choices in how they handle their employment.

By the way, I'm not judging you. We all say things that are unfairly judgmental sometimes. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to sit here and call people greedy as if you are the moral arbiter of life itself when those same put their own bodies on the line to make their salary, no matter how much that salary is. It's pretty ridiculous.

Anyway, this conversation has already gone off the rails. People have been proven wrong about Lynch doing something illegal with his contract. People have been pointed out to be a bit hypocritical about judging others of moral failings. At this point, let's just hope that everything ends up well for both Lynch and the organization.
Not a doubt that this subject has been dragged on for too long, on that I agree.
I love what Marshawn has done as a Seahawk, BUT, JS has worked him a contract that pays him as a top 5 RB in the League.
Hypothetically, Earl Thomas is getting $10 Mil., he is arguably the top gun at his position, IF John Schneider were to cave in to Marshawn , why wouldn't ET be just as deserving to skin the Seahawks for another 3 to 5 Million more.
Unless you have a better word for it, it is still greed.
Not my moral judgment, and I know that you don't like me saying it, but it is his moral statement.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Lol @ judgments of "greed." Every person who posts here is infinitely more wealthy than several segments of the world population. You are also being objectively greedy when you demand a raise at work or complain about someone else's income. You want more money to maintain an American lifestyle, not a livable lifestyle. What you consider bare essentials are largely considered luxuries to the vast majority of the world. If you believe you deserve more money for the work you do, then that is also coming from a place of "greed."

Is anyone here content to earn less so their co-workers and industry-peers can earn more? No? Then you're greedy. It means almost nothing to call someone that in a capitalistic society.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":32u59u89 said:
Lol @ judgments of "greed." Every person who posts here is infinitely more wealthy than several segments of the world population. You are also being objectively greedy when you demand a raise at work or complain about someone else's income. You want more money to maintain an American lifestyle, not a livable lifestyle. What you consider bare essentials are largely considered luxuries to the vast majority of the world. If you believe you deserve more money for the work you do, then that is also coming from a place of "greed."

Is anyone here content to earn less so their co-workers and industry-peers can earn more? No? Then you're greedy. It means almost nothing to call someone that in a capitalistic society.
Most working people here in the U.S. that I know weren't coming from a place of "Greed", but from a place of "NEED".
When I worked (retired now) I ALWAYS gave my employers MORE than market value for my services, they got their money's worth in spades, and I was one of the last to go because of my work ethics.
I NEVER bitched about not being paid more than anyone else in my workplace, and in fact, some of mine, and my coworkers wages were returned to the employers, so that they could hire more people.....It's called giving a hand-up, and sharing the wealth.
So you are preaching to the choir D-7.

drdiags

Reaction score
This is just another level of the debate regarding the NFL Lock-out. Some felt the players were greedy and should just give the owners what they wanted, others thought the owners were greedy and were trying to re-capture leverage they had given up over time to the players. Once the lock-out got resolved, everybody went back to loving their players and NFL business as usual.

Marshawn signed a contract, got a very good contract. Now he and his advisors feel he should be paid more halfway through the contract because they feel they have leverage. The Seahawks don't want to set a precedent and now we have a stalemate. Some fans are getting angry at their once-idolized hero and are calling him greedy, an idiot and all other type of stuff because they are worried about what it does to the team.

When this first was mentioned as a possibility and some were in denial, you could see that we would end up here. At the rate Lynch is losing money to fines, he might as well retire. I see no way the team can settle this to both sides satisfaction. At least not until a few weeks into the regular season.

Always wondered how cordial the separation was going to be when Lynch and the team went their own way. Hope it isn't going to be with fans wanting to run him out of town. But there are some jilted lover aspects to these things.