NHL Seattle Hockey club

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2h402czw said:
Sgt. Largent":2h402czw said:
HawkRiderFan":2h402czw said:
The speed at which Seattle hit those numbers with deposits has certainly gotten a lot of attention here in Canada. I didn't realize that there would be that much interest even though I knew there was a pretty good following for the junior teams in that area (took me a while to get over that game 6 OT loss for my Pats vs Seattle last year).

Would make for a nice sports trip for those of us who have to travel to get to Hawks games to tie in a Sat night NHL game with a Sunday NFL game.

Seattle's a true metropolitan city full of people from all over the place that love hockey. It's also why soccer is so popular.

I also think there's a LOT of anger and resentment from affluent sports fans within a 50 mile radius over the Sonics leaving, so they were fired up and were ready to show the sports world how passionate they are for a winter sport.

Soccer has been Popular here since the 70's with the Original Sounders. On January 22, 1974, the team was christened Seattle Sounders.
I played soccer for years when I lived in Washington(70's-80's) and it was popular the whole time.
I was a Sounders fan back then as well.
When we moved to Indiana I had to end my soccer days as it did not start catching on till the late 80's.
Hockey?I liked that in later years when the great one started playing and it grew on me.
Had Seattle had a team back then,I would have been a fan.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":33jshv7e said:
Sgt. Largent":33jshv7e said:
HawkRiderFan":33jshv7e said:
The speed at which Seattle hit those numbers with deposits has certainly gotten a lot of attention here in Canada. I didn't realize that there would be that much interest even though I knew there was a pretty good following for the junior teams in that area (took me a while to get over that game 6 OT loss for my Pats vs Seattle last year).

Would make for a nice sports trip for those of us who have to travel to get to Hawks games to tie in a Sat night NHL game with a Sunday NFL game.

Seattle's a true metropolitan city full of people from all over the place that love hockey. It's also why soccer is so popular.

I also think there's a LOT of anger and resentment from affluent sports fans within a 50 mile radius over the Sonics leaving, so they were fired up and were ready to show the sports world how passionate they are for a winter sport.

Soccer has been Popular here since the 70's with the Original Sounders. On January 22, 1974, the team was christened Seattle Sounders.

My parents were season ticket holders in the 70's, and I'm a season ticket holder now. I know the history very well.

That's my point, Seattle is one of the most affluent and metropolitan cities in the US, if not the world, full of a diverse population of sports fans. So I wasn't surprised at all with how crazy hockey fans went for the season tickets.

We're not some meathead closed minded one or two sport city.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Maulbert":ya5beae7 said:
seaky12":ya5beae7 said:
This is floating around and pretty impressive. The guy behind it done an awesome job!
https://www.behance.net/gallery/6261542 ... and-Design

Nothing will make that name not boring and unintimidating. In the words of Kylo Ren, let the past die.

Agreed on that. Metropolitans (and variations of that) are pretty bland and not as sexy as Kraken and so forth. However, the amount of thought and effort that went into that Metros rendering is something else. It's a job well done and the designer definitely has some talent

Also, kudos to you for the Star Wars quote. :2thumbs:

Maulbert

Reaction score
seaky12":pqf0ynqk said:
Maulbert":pqf0ynqk said:
seaky12":pqf0ynqk said:
This is floating around and pretty impressive. The guy behind it done an awesome job!

Nothing will make that name not boring and unintimidating. In the words of Kylo Ren, let the past die.

Agreed on that. Metropolitans (and variations of that) are pretty bland and not as sexy as Kraken and so forth. However, the amount of thought and effort that went into that Metros rendering is something else. It's a job well done and the designer definitely has some talent

Also, kudos to you for the Star Wars quote. :2thumbs:

Just to make it clear, I had no intent to tear down his work, the designs were quality. I just think Metropolitans is a terrible name that is neither unique enough for nor emblematic enough of either the city of Seattle or the Pacific Northwest as a whole.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think the Pilots would be a good hockey name.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not sold on the name but I like the logo with the space needle and the color scheme is decent.
The guy did an awesome job overall IMHO.

Ruminator

Reaction score
seaky12":1dof9lm6 said:

While Metropolitans has not been my favorite team name prospect, I am warming up to it, and Justin Cox did a phenomenal job with his design proposal. One thing I like in particular is that the blue, "Coastal Blue," is conservative so we don't have the dual bold-green-bold-blue thing like the Thunderbirds have. Justin's color pallet is thoughtful and ready to brand an NHL club.

The Aviators logo someone did a while back also looked pretty good.
Ff86eb898f7d1710647f9b7  aviators logo inspiration

I used to think Ryan Muraro's Sockeyes design concept was great, but looking at it now, it is a bit garish.
Maulbert":1dof9lm6 said:

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
That guy put a lot of work into that, its impressive. I hope he got a good grade! :2thumbs:

For me it's a little overboard on the green, that's a lot of green. And obviously I hate that name.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hate that the women took a perfect hockey name.."The Storm"

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2sk5odnr said:

Good for them for snagging a great name! And 2 other great names that are already taken too.

Reign, and Thunderbird's. :?

chris98251

Reaction score
Tsunami is still available but you would have everyone spelling it wrong and have to give them a dictionary to know what it is............

IndyHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":av3klfhm said:
IndyHawk":av3klfhm said:

Good for them for snagging a great name! And 2 other great names that are already taken too.

Reign, and Thunderbird's. :?
Really not many great names at all available..

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
How about the Trident?

I know the Mariners already use the trident logo, but I think it would be cool to go with kind of a Poseiden, god of the sea, theme. Maybe Poseiden holding a giant trident up that becomes the letter I in the name?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":352ln3la said:

That was Portland's old name in the USFL.

Latestcb20170220221650

Not a bad name, but we couldn't endure the next 50 years of Portland pukes saying we stole their name.